New Progression Server confirmed

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The newbie armor is not as good as planar armor, at least not the caster stuff. Not even close. Maybe the ranger armor is really good but who is going to be playing a ranger anyway?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If this is just a copy/paste of the last server with their diminished CS staff then this is going to be the most hilarious KS fest of all time.
I love the retards on the official boards "It's a DPS War - not KSing"... and even better "That's how it happened in Classic all the time..."

Funny that I seem to remember raiding on the top end on many servers and I saw people back off or at least give the first one there a shot at the mob before even touching it, but sure - KSing was classic. I think I saw it a total of twice before TLP 2.0 and both of those times suspensions happened very shortly after.

fresh

<Gold Donor>
One of my favorite memories from EQ was from Stromm when Cypher and RoI were both sitting around waiting for Emp Srra to spawn, and the GM made us roll. Faite rolled a 75 or something and then Xygon rolled 1. Hilarious. But everyone played it cool. Stromm's high end drama always seemed pretty civilized to me, but maybe that was because I was generally on the winning end.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
10/10 chance there will be much server drama involving MQ2. MQ ruins the spirit of competiton, and if your guild decides to play without it, your chances of being the big dick bandits of the shitbox become 0. I can't wait to level to 50 and quit.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Looking at newb armor it looks to have been streamlined between races so that's a very small plus. Initially some races/classes had 100% superior gear.

But look at this shit -

rrr_img_94645.png

If the newb armor is staying in there's a very good chance that a slew of other quests and drops will sneak in and shatter even the illusion of an authentic classic experience. Combine that with an absurd 3+ month timer until Kunark and you've got a recipe for pissing off pretty much everyone. I'm very glad that the last time around I put in the time that I did. I had that nostalgic experience for a couple months, got my Spear of Fate, sold my account, quit, and now feel no pressure to give it a go a second time.

Irbax_Smoo_sl

shitlord
I love the retards on the official boards "It's a DPS War - not KSing"... and even better "That's how it happened in Classic all the time..."

Funny that I seem to remember raiding on the top end on many servers and I saw people back off or at least give the first one there a shot at the mob before even touching it, but sure - KSing was classic. I think I saw it a total of twice before TLP 2.0 and both of those times suspensions happened very shortly after.
I had the same experience on the blue servers - no KSing. The only time that changed was when I xfered my Rogue to Kane Bayle to play with <In Virtue> where we had "DPS Races" with <Celestial Rapture>.

I don't think it's "classic," but I don't see anything being done about it, because there won't be any GMs. I 100% expect a shit fest, because I always expect the worst out of people, especially people running with a mob mentality.

Vaclav

I know, the enforcement is too low to prevent people - and honestly just like with any RL law when too many revolt against a law it can't be enforced. Which is going to make things interesting. (in a bad way...)

I half wonder though if there is some idea they've got in the pipe for things - even if it's just that the devs will be taking turns to pop on and do GM-ish stuff occasionally to try to crack some problem-maker skulls to keep things in check. I really want to believe they're not so naive that they think doing nothing is going to be nearly as profitable for long.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So we're going back to 20+ minute med times? That might be a deal breaker for me. I can do the slow paced combat and what not but not sitting around for 10 or 15 minutes at a time looking at a wall.

nate_sl

shitlord
Needs to launch with Kunark active at a minimum, and I would prefer Velious too. Also, new expansions no more than 3 months after boss dies.

If it launched with Velious active, I see AoW dying within three months max and I wouldn't be surprised if it were more like one. Shit will get ripped with the OP modern loot/damage tables/etc. that will undoubtably be in.

Let's not act like this is going to hold people's attention for more than a year or two.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I wanted a beastlord but no way I'm waiting 2 years for that shit. Fuck that out the door!

Vaclav

You want to sit in classic for six months?
No, and I see options to shorten it to 2 months or to start off with Kunark or Velious as well - far better than the "6 months of Classic" I had been worrying about.

Oh and it looks like the 8 months of Classic option was completely canned as a possibility, that did exist before.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It reminds me when someone gets the unique and not at all stupid idea to run a 1st edition DnD campaign. Not just any campaign either, arealcampaign. Hard! And none of that Monty Haul bullshit either! If you find a +1 short sword you better cherish that shit because it's all you're going to get for months! Everyone is all psyched up, makes their characters, and after the third session people start dropping off and then the whole thing just quietly dies. It turns out what people thought they wanted isn't what they wanted.

Spending half a year or longer in classic may sound good to some of these people it is going to be shit. The only option that gets you into Kunark in two months leaves you there for eight. Eight months of Kunark? Then eight months of Velious? These timetables guarantee burnout and they provide no sense of urgency. They don't allow for a feeling that you are missing out or that your time playing is precious. You've gotforeverto do whatever it is you want to do. You've got so long why even bother in the first place.

Prediction - Players will cry a river each time an expansion unlocks and the guilds that have been dormant for four months show up, kill everything everywhere for a few months, and go back into hibernation. "I've been paying monthly fees this whole time and it's not fair they just show up and take everything! Again!"

I look forward to making a Beastlord in 1st quarter 2017.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
No, and I see options to shorten it to 2 months or to start off with Kunark or Velious as well - far better than the "6 months of Classic" I had been worrying about.

Oh and it looks like the 8 months of Classic option was completely canned as a possibility, that did exist before.
Level cap bais, 8 months until Kunark unlocks. Max nostalgia is six months of classic. Half speed is 6.75 months of classic. Accelerated is only 2 months of classic but 8 months of Kunark.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'd much rather have 2 months of classic and 8 months of Kunark than 6 of each.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Sure, but that option includes 8 months of Kunark, 8 months of Velious, and 8 months of Luclin. These are timetables that are so long as to be in the realm of fantasy.