New Progression Server confirmed

Thraka_sl

shitlord
As CEO of a privately held company there's not much recourse unless they've got a board of directors, which from all I'm aware of they don't. I'm not aware of how someone in his position could even be fired - only pressured (i.e. bribed or releasing the company from holdings threatened [which only works if he thinks they're insolvent - if they're profitable it's actually better for him, obv]) to leave by the holding company.

Guessing you've not been involved in the corporate world much, eh? CEO is a nice insulated position to have especially in a privately held company vs. publicly traded - gives a ton of leeway to be stupid and get away with it.
Most private shareholders want to ensure their company is a success while avoiding as much risk as possible. Private shareholders are typically more risk averse then that of public companies, financial decisions aside the figurehead of a company should act a little more professional.

If I had millions of dollars to invest, I wouldn't put it in the hands of someone who can't restrain himself from public ridicule. Its just bad image.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Most private shareholders want to ensure their company is a success while avoiding as much risk as possible. Private shareholders are typically more risk averse then that of public companies, financial decisions aside the figurehead of a company should act a little more professional.

If I had millions of dollars to invest, I wouldn't put it in the hands of someone who can't restrain himself from public ridicule. Its just bad image.
They should, I agree - but the risk to him being an asshat is basically nil - unless numbers end up spiraling as a result of stuff like this (which it never does) - it really doesn't matter. They've been on an upswing from everything Smed has implied thusfar (trying to hire back most of those let go in the switchover/etc) - if they're generating a profit, frankly - short of starting to quote Mein Kampf - I'm pretty sure he's bulletproof.

Faiona_sl

shitlord
These suspensions are too funny, the fucking lead developer warned people not to be targeting these mobs more than a week ago and people are confused why they got suspended. I bet that chick who came here all emotional about the thread has nothing to say now. Good job posting a thread about targeting fake mobs on the official forums about how you cant kill them and in turn getting the majority of your guild suspended (lol).
If you were referring to me, I'm not banned.

Titan_sl

shitlord
These suspensions are too funny, the fucking lead developer warned people not to be targeting these mobs more than a week ago and people are confused why they got suspended. I bet that chick who came here all emotional about the thread has nothing to say now. Good job posting a thread about targeting fake mobs on the official forums about how you cant kill them and in turn getting the majority of your guild suspended (lol).
The difference is, the mob spawned, and we were called to engage. When someone targets it, it does nothing, but with axis being crazy, they can taunt it. At that point it becomes visible and looks like a regular mob. We HAD a video posted on EQlive forums, but since its currently being skullfucked by LS. Honestly thought that shit spawned lol.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The difference is, the mob spawned, and we were called to engage. When someone targets it, it does nothing, but with axis being crazy, they can taunt it. At that point it becomes visible and looks like a regular mob. We HAD a video posted on EQlive forums, but since its currently being skullfucked by LS. Honestly thought that shit spawned lol.
You could post that video here.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That video is awful and you should feel bad for posting it. No offense.
Not a huge fan, but talks about some of the background behind what happened and such - this kid forcing Smed's plane down with a bomb threat/etc. Was informative to me.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still boggles my mind these guys shut down video games.. I mean wtf. Out of all the shit in this world you decide to be "l33t" and make it so people can't play their consoles and MMOs.

I assume one of those other cases against him is for doing a bomb threat against a airplane, not exactly something you can just sweep under the rug.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
We must know our enemy. Vaclav thought y'all were man enough to stare into the abyss with him. Don't let him down.

But yea, that video is terrible.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
After reading this thread, I must say that guy in the video is how I picture Frenzic going on a rage over 16 year old content

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Abashi did the same exact thing on live during planes of power, I mentioned it to a few people in the guild. I immediately thought about it when I saw clowns in PoHate targeting and posting about that Innorruk that wasn't popping up on ranger track.