New Progression Server confirmed

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
All of this is a consequence of spending too much time in Classic. By spending so much time here all of the quirks and problems of the era have grown cancerous rather than smooth out over time. Mages being too good for the time period turned the servers into a sea of Mage bots. Single individuals run fifteen or more and consume content designed for 30 or more players. The spoils of that content are then sold for Kronos that maintain the army. It created an arms race among guilds where it's common to have your primary character and a couple of Mage bots. Content is being balanced around the assumption that your 72 (ha) player raid force has 24+ pet classes represented. Without them you would never be able to stop a raid boss from running amok after DTing your tanks. They provide immense breathing room that allows for tanks, melee dps, and wizards to still be able to contribute.

There's not enough content for the era? Buff existing content to the moon! Dracoliche and Bazzt Zzzt are fucking dumb. CT and Inny are definitely capable of eating your face. Noble cycle is pretty tough. The drops are the same. They've buffed a bunch of encounters that we've been farming for months and the loot is the same. If we weren't all so stubborn the playerbase wouldn't even bother with Sky. Sky was already not a good time but it had big haste items and big weapons and things that would be relevant in Kunark. For the effort it takes now I don't see the point. Wait until midway through Kunark when the regular folk discover they just can't do their epics because it requires going to buffed Sky and no one will touch that place with a ten foot clown pole. Shit, that'll continue all the way through Velious and Luclin.

We've also spent enough time in Classic now that there's hundreds of players on each server that are ready for raiding content even though the game absolutely 100% does not support anywhere near that. Rotations are just going to create pressure that builds over time. Rationing what little content there is isn't the answer. Unlocking new content is.

Stop trying to unnaturally extend Classic EQ's lifespan. Pull the plug, let it die, and unlock Kunark on both servers.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Vaclav seriously bro... I didn't say I personally want my guild to kill one of each mob per week. I'm saying that as a game mechanic I want seven day respawn timers. It's nice that you're so up your own ass you immediately assume the most retarded possible interpretation though.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
To people who were present you just keep showing yourself to be more and more clueless with statements like this. One person controls that spreadsheet. Guilds are making deals and agreements without involvement of relevent parties on both servers. There is nothing we can do about it.

If you really want to talk about this get your wife(whoops I mean GF, she hates when we call her your wife! ) to go to a meeting and you can listen directly.
I'm clueless? How do you think contracts work, bro? They were something I dealt with on a daily basis (although many were boilerplate - I actually wrote them infrequently, but often enough to be as versed as any non-lawyer) - until something is in writing, and signed off on it's nothing more than a muse in the ether. Period. Verbal contracts hold almost no weight in anything of substance.

And she really doesn't "hate it" she just doesn't abbreviate (nor do I) when we're having lengthy conversations.

"My girlfriend that we've been involved and faithful for 22 years, lived together for 18, share finances with each other, are codependent upon, etc" is a tad more wordy to maintain accuracy. Most people I bother saying the wordy version to in fact retort with "Dude, just say you're married since you're more married than most married people" - besides having no plans to have kids ever.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So you're fivestar, eh? Thanks for the ID finally.

And what PMs have I mentioned? I've PMed them twice in recent memory and two of the three were never answered (Holly/Aristo) - 90% of my dev interaction is mentioning responses anyone can see on the forums. And 95% of my PMs with them are just silly banter over nothing. The only other one was trying to define "equitable" as it applied to a FFA level in a rotation which basically was a non-answer saying to ask Aristo because he chose the phrasing. (Rosh I think - too lazy to check if it was him or Prat - I think it was Rosh since I THOUGHT he wrote the FAQ though)

I do PM with my TL friends QUITE a bit however. If I mentioned PMs in a vague context it was likely a TL friend (although there's some LJ friends on that list too - but they usually catch me in-game).

And what's exactly wrong with trying to mold things into the best for everyone exactly? Come two years from now if things stay shitty there won't be casuals to replace the losses natural entropy will cause. We've seen it before over and over. The "GoD deathknell" people seem to imply exists is absolutely effected by earlier attrition with casuals getting scared off b/c of boredom/toxicity/whatever - I feel it's a major factor personally - but regardless it's indisputable it's A factor.

PS - I really vary my posting level topically, when there's a serious topic worthy of dedicating time to - I do... otherwise I'll maybe do 2-3 posts a day. Go figure a retired person has a ton of time on his hands... shocker.
No im not fivestar. I don't post on EQ forums, havent created a account there yet even. I just read it to laugh at the people who get so upset and to see your constant forum warrior post. Random member from some guild but pretends to be "in the know" for everything, has ears of "DBG staff", friends everywhere etc.

Vaclav

All of this is a consequence of spending too much time in Classic
Precisely - they really should stop tinkering with stuff and open Velious or Luclin for the starting point so there's enough content for guilds to naturally "tier" without having to do all this random bullshit. The slow ass timers with zero real content forces everyone to want the same content for a long time because there's so little and everyone wants something to do.

dobby_sl

shitlord
I'm clueless? How do you think contracts work, bro? They were something I dealt with on a daily basis (although many were boilerplate - I actually wrote them infrequently, but often enough to be as versed as any non-lawyer) - until something is in writing, and signed off on it's nothing more than a muse in the ether. Period. Verbal contracts hold almost no weight in anything of substance.
You are clueless. You think Daybreak is going to have you nerds electronically sign some stupid contract for the sake of the rotation?

"Muse in the ether" Good one, you sad, sad man.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This was the rotation we agreed to. We made a lot of concessions here but we did so for the sake of compromise and understanding we shouldn't dictate every aspect of these talks etc. Note that "Guild B" in the Sky day was to serve as a day open for qualifying etc.

Lockjaw Rotation Submission - Google Sheets

In the new version all of the concession we made remained, and the things that were conceded to us in return for those compromises were excluded. You can see that a good portion of the rules section at the bottom is copy pasted right onto the present rotation ruling. I wrote this document fyi.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sounds like Dima and the lesser guilds got together to get their best interest and threatened to just go to DBg with it with "majority" if we didn't agree.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
contracts
t6TSCtl.gif
mxSrOGU.gif

I think everyone is in agreement when I say

K4Jy4Ac.gif

Vaclav

Vaclav seriously bro... I didn't say I personally want my guild to kill one of each mob per week. I'm saying that as a game mechanic I want seven day respawn timers. It's nice that you're so up your own ass you immediately assume the most retarded possible interpretation though.
So you want your guild to have less than 1 spawn per week - you want your guild to have less to do and to be idle almost the entire week? Seriously... And you call my interpretation retarded...

Only reason to want that would be to allow you to cockblock others easier - which rather flies in the face of your whole "friendly" song and dance. LOL. True colors...

No im not fivestar. I don't post on EQ forums, havent created a account there yet even. I just read it to laugh at the people who get so upset and to see your constant forum warrior post. Random member from some guild but pretends to be "in the know" for everything, has ears of "DBG staff", friends everywhere etc.
Funny, you almost directly quoted him with that earlier post. And I lead on the previous two TLP and was offered leadership this time as well that I declined because I like to be able to back out of stress when its too bothersome. And historically always been a #1/#2 guild for the entire lifespan of the game up through TLP2.0 (#3 in that case - and #4-6ish [hard to compare the "B Guilds" right now] currently)

And most of the DBG ears I regularly quote is quoting old public statements of them. Generally ex-devs at this point. I have a good memory for general quotes and then I punch up a wayback search to find the specifics to refresh myself - or sometimes I take notes of things that I think might have value later. Curse of a good memory more than "inside info". The only real "inside info" person I have is an H1Z1 staffer that is an ex-guildmate from TLP1/2 - he's why I can get vague details on CS reports - but even then he's limited since staff on other projects still see it a minimal level. And even then, he's stopped responding to me for a while. (Only really ever got that interested to help because "It's lame someone is using a name so close to yours of all these years and making you look bad" or something like that - he's done it for Azuth a bunch and one other person before going radio silent)

And I really do have "friends everywhere". Fifteen years of history with this game with friends that I've kept from that long ago will do that. And I do occasionally make new ones, although they're far fewer - majority are ancient.

Vaclav

Lockjaw Rotation Submission - Google Sheets

In the new version all of the concession we made remained, and the things that were conceded to us in return for those compromises were excluded. You can see that a good portion of the rules section at the bottom is copy pasted right onto the present rotation ruling. I wrote this document fyi.
That's the first time I've seen that variant, so while what you're saying might be true - they've been circulating different ones each night as progress updates.

Does lend credence to the "behind your back" theory however.

STOP POSTING
Planning to - I'm not one to stop responding when people keep things going though. This is only going to stalemate at "agree to disagree" as I keep trying to do but they keep adding more new assertions. (or a new data point as Zaide just did - which is interesting with two previous nightly updates that one never got linked I will admit)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I could replace all of this EQ jargon with Dungeons and Dragons or Magic the Gathering nonsense and no one would be able to tell the difference.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
With the existence of Kronos almost no one is actually ponying up real money to field their box crews. It's a big part of why there's so much of it.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Too much effort for a game this old. Its time to hit the lake or at least a bar fellas.

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I fucking love forum drama. For us casuals nothing is more hilarious than seeing people take this shit way too seriously. I suppose there's some real stake in the game for the rmt'ers but everyone else plays EQ way too much. Congrats on that top guild status and all I guess, sounds like the hardcores are having a real blast.

Would be nice if they would just open up a new server with Velious and allow transfers but I have this suspicion that most guilds would stay on their respective servers anyway. If they didn't, bonus, since the top guilds if they did transfer would still torture the hell out of each other for ongoing forum drama.