New Progression Server confirmed

lost

<Bronze Donator>
All of this crazy shit instead of instances/expeditions. Rofl. Fuckin hell, wow!! I am glad I was waiting to Kunark to properly play, because at this point, I don't see any reason to come back. This is a catastrafuck.
Only reason to come back I suppose is if you want to go balls deep in boxes and make some quick money. Know a buddy who PL's people 1-50 for 350 each, gets 6 people at a time and does it in 2-3 days. $$

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think it's funny, because all these people are complaining about the poopsockers and they're going to lose a lot of spawns to the poopsockers anyways.
Its pretty tough on me the next day at work when I woke up at 4:51 or whatever ungodly hour and we only took 15 minutes to kill our targets (I'm 30, it hurts). I can only imagine these "casual" guilds at that hour with half asleep people and half their numbers who at their best raid time with a full force and barely killing something in 3 hours.

@Skyp - Myself and others appreciate you guys and we all know you are looking out for us. I have been in plenty of other guilds were we killed shit but the leadership sucked. We are at least lucky to have competent, knowledgeable, and calm leadership who has made good decisions so far for the whole of the guild.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Got my Jboots back. The other stuff is minor and I don't care about it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Really interesting that they are actually doing that. Although it'll easily be circumvented since it'll be based on computer rather than IP, no?

So the population will be spread across 3 classic servers not even in Velious by winter? bahahah. This is starting to get HILARIOUS. This is like a backyard emu club.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It's very clear at this point that it is the biggest money grab in EQ's history and perhaps a top 10 of all time in any game, for just how obviously overt and disrespectful it is. There is ZERO attempt at sustainability or long term viability. Just as many krono sales as possible and then kthxbai. Maybe they'll put a slot machine on the front page and you can pay 1 Krono to take a spin and it'll create a new custom random ruleset server for you and there will be hundreds of servers. bahaha.

Also, I still don't understand why anyone needed to be rolled back more than an hour or so? If the bug that made the server flagged as Live only lasted for 10 minutes and they shut the server down, I don't get it?

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
The filthy unwashed casuals are convinced a new no box server will keep away the Mage armies, perma camped spawns and mass krono trading. It'll be the same shit as seen on Rage and Lockjaw when the same people who torture them now move to the new server.

The real EQ has always been about lording over the weak and no set of server rules will ever change that. The sockers will always chase that casual poon.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The filthy unwashed casuals are convinced a new no box server will keep away the Mage armies, perma camped spawns and mass krono trading. It'll be the same shit as seen on Rage and Lockjaw when the same people who torture them now move to the new server.

The real EQ has always been about lording over the weak and no set of server rules will ever change that. The sockers will always chase that casual poon.
I don't know... I think it will curb this a little and it will force people into group to an extent but i'm more concerned about the population. How many people will be invested by that time and will this server end up housing a couple hundred people?

You're right though. EQ has always separated people in classes and the hardcores always rule the server but I think it ultimately comes down to the people. The mac server had plenty of people boxing and it never really had a problem. People were super nice, groups were relatively easy to come by, and it wasn't too bad to jump into raids.

I don't know what would appease the people but maybe this new server will do it. Though, I'm not so sure it will. I hope it does... i'll definitely give it a try out of curiosity.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Think there were a ton of people on these servers that didn't intend to box to the degree that they did, but obviously with how easy it is with krono's etc people upped the box effort to a much higher level. A "no boxing" server would certainly cut down on the majority of boxing, due to people not wanting to put up with the added difficulty of making it work. There will always be hardcore running the server, as the game has always been, and should be. I like the "no box" idea, just simply makes the game have to be played closer to what it originally was.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
After playing on P99 for awhile, you realize the "No Boxing" is what really makes it superior to other EMU's and Live.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This isn't a casual versus hardcore issue. The servers have people boxingdozensof characters all paid with Krono earned by monopolizing group, multi-group, and even raid content. They won't exist on a no box server. Raid content has been tuned under the assumption you've got 20+ pet classes and the hardest encounters are untankable spell immune death touching messes that flat out require 30 or 40 Mages with more being preferable. It's a goddamn mess and the response by raiders has been to play more characters. The entire game has been warped to such a degree due to Krono fueled boxing of Mages that at the high end it is barely even EQ anymore.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I'm not too keen on no boxing but i'd love a 2 account limit per pc/ip however they are going to do it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They will exist, just not every single person will be doing it.

Don't be delusional.
Do you have any idea how rabidly the player base of an EQ server with that restriction will hunt down boxers? Sure, there's going to be some people boxing a second character here and there. The six, twelve, eighteen, twenty-four, thirty, and thirty-six boxers will not exist.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The timing of this ensures that one of the three servers will be dead by February. Also I'm ready to see DBG's shock when the server has 150 players because 80% of the TLP server population is composed of half naked caster boxes. That said, I look forward to rolling a Mage and doing that 50 hour grind on server launch with 30 of my closest pals. My body is ready.

In other news Vaclav's guild killed Lady Vox last night. It was actually incredibly fun to observe. It took them four attempts and on the final attempt there was a good amount of bind rushing, Vox was sitting at 0% with no DHS left on her when one Wizard rolled in and landed an epic nuke for the win. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Screenshots and probably a fraps of one of the earlier encounters inc later today.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Do you have any idea how rabidly the player base of an EQ server with that restriction will hunt down boxers? Sure, there's going to be some people boxing a second character here and there. The six, twelve, eighteen, twenty-four, thirty, and thirty-six boxers will not exist.
I assume we'll mostly see two boxers who keep characters at seperate money camps, tracker boxes and buff boxes. The sort of semi afk boxing that would be hard to detect by other players. But yeah no way we'll see people rolling around with 12-24 mages and wizards.