New Progression Server confirmed

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I read posts like people running around Fear / Hate solo asking for armor drops, planes being cleared instantly, and wonder... what's the appeal here again? Isn't this shit supposed to be classic? wtf. You guys are deluding yourselves.
It's not supposed to be classic.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
One of the biggest appeals of TLP is the classic feel. Shame they don't bother implementing each era's mechanics.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The whole thing has been handled terribly. From rolling the wrong people back to the terrible raid fixes.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
P99 has very strict no-boxing policies. stricter than the EQLive "NoBox" server's likely will be. and even with their strict rules, the FiF rule did not work for P99. there are just too many neckbeards that play EQ. even with huge variances you'll just see guilds rotate in 18 people or w/e the magic number is 24 hours a day until the mob pops.
Ya p99 no box policy is militant, way more than whatever halfassed thing dbg decides to do, but still any no box server would go miles towards making this more like classic.

These servers will never feel like true classic tho, half the reason classic through velious was even hard was because it was pre cable internet for most people and your computer was complete shit so half the raid force was either lagged out or has 2 fps so maintaining tight rotations or having snap reactions was really hard.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I've had a good time playing on Lockjaw but if I had known at the start what these servers would end up looking like I can't say that I would have made the same choices. I highly doubt I'll ever get drug in again after seeing all the Krono fueled boxing and its effects on the game as a whole. Running into something like an asshole boxing several groups in Hate while using multiple pieces of third party software to do it plus at least ShowEQ and that is KSing everyone AND then selling the drops really bothers me. I'm accustomed to an EQ where those kinds of actions got you banned rather than being within the confines of the rules.

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
I've had a good time playing on Lockjaw but if I had known at the start what these servers would end up looking like I can't say that I would have made the same choices. I highly doubt I'll ever get drug in again after seeing all the Krono fueled boxing and its effects on the game as a whole. Running into something like an asshole boxing several groups in Hate while using multiple pieces of third party software to do it plus at least ShowEQ and that is KSing everyone AND then selling the drops really bothers me. I'm accustomed to an EQ where those kinds of actions got you banned rather than being within the confines of the rules.
Yeah I can't say really I enjoy the type of game that krono has turned this into.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah there are people that AFK all day in planes asking for gear, expecting it to be free, and sometimes they get it. I dont usually offer rots, cause means I have to babysit the corpse and tell them where to go etc, for free. No thanks. Usually onto the next monster after. Planes should be instanced.

I would say biggest turn off for me was no corpse runs. DBG has definitely fucked this up though. Being in classic this long sucks ass. Being forced to box tons of accounts and mostly mages sucks too. I was excited to do nec/shm and be social with my guildmates.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Krono really has a lot to do with it, anyone can run ISBoxer + their class and 5 mages and basically wreck 99% of the content.

Before Krono though on the last TLPs what did the RMT people do? Just sell the items and the PP? or was there Krono back on Fippy?

lost

<Bronze Donator>
On fippy we farmed platinum, bought those 30 day station cards which could turn into station cash, which you could use station cash to buy one month. Smart people would save them for the double and triple station cash days, redeem them that day get 2-3x the value aka 2-3 months free. The cost was about 10k platinum, so yeah it was more costly to fund an account.

6 box team 60k platinum a month but I only started fippy in PoP. I ended up with a 6 box team by OOW, but then again you also had RAF accounts so you could teleport your chars to the account that referred it and level hella faster.

It was also a lot harder to find buyers, you had to convince people to run to walmart to buy the cards rofl. It would take a bit to find and sometimes walmart would be out of cards etc. It was definitely more fun though seeing who would go, whenever someone in guild went to buy bulk ones it was liek christmas cause everyone in the guild had been saving up cause they knew 2-3x day was coming (usually a holiday) or couldnt find a seller.

Toxn had his own box team then too though, about 3 groups and I think they all had a 1 year sub. It wasn't hard with the 3x station days.. spend 40k buy 4 cards, wait for triple day and bam year sub dont worry about it. 40k in terms of 12 months is nothin. Toxn sold powater/fire drops for days though, he banked.

flux_sl

shitlord
On fippy we farmed platinum, bought those 30 day station cards which could turn into station cash, which you could use station cash to buy one month. Smart people would save them for the double and triple station cash days, redeem them that day get 2-3x the value aka 2-3 months free. The cost was about 10k platinum, so yeah it was more costly to fund an account.

6 box team 60k platinum a month but I only started fippy in PoP. I ended up with a 6 box team by OOW, but then again you also had RAF accounts so you could teleport your chars to the account that referred it and level hella faster.

It was also a lot harder to find buyers, you had to convince people to run to walmart to buy the cards rofl. It would take a bit to find and sometimes walmart would be out of cards etc. It was definitely more fun though seeing who would go, whenever someone in guild went to buy bulk ones it was liek christmas cause everyone in the guild had been saving up cause they knew 2-3x day was coming (usually a holiday) or couldnt find a seller.

Toxn had his own box team then too though, about 3 groups and I think they all had a 1 year sub. It wasn't hard with the 3x station days.. spend 40k buy 4 cards, wait for triple day and bam year sub dont worry about it. 40k in terms of 12 months is nothin. Toxn sold powater/fire drops for days though, he banked.
Ohh yeah Toxn, that guy who you pretend isn't a part of your guild anymore so you can get an extra crack at the rotation.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ohh yeah Toxn, that guy who you pretend isn't a part of your guild anymore so you can get an extra crack at the rotation.
Sound logic. Just like all the guys from apok, RoE, RoI, IV, Citizen etc in our guild. We must be getting apok and roe's rotation too, extra cracks all over.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sounds like salt from you being nobodies again? Hows being 1/12th of the rotation and not being able to stomp your feet and cry for attention working out?

rrr_img_106780.png

flux_sl

shitlord
Sounds like salt from you being nobodies again? Hows being 1/12th of the rotation and not being able to stomp your feet and cry for attention working out?

rrr_img_106780.png
I haven't played in weeks because of work, so I can't comment on that. However, your pathetic attempts to avoid addressing the facts with shit slinging is pretty amusing though.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't played in weeks because of work, so I can't comment on that. However, your pathetic attempts to avoid addressing the facts with shit slinging is pretty amusing though.
Yes that's my top priority, addressing some idiot Apok for the 90th time on the same RMT subjects or some other tin foil shit.

Some funny shit too that someone posted your raid leaders posting history on Reddit on the ragefireforums.com Rants & Flames. It was hundreds of posts and comments linking the same white dragonscale cloak, or @Roshen about TL. It shows just how maniacal and stalkerish you people are and the only thing you talk about is TL for months on end. There wasn't one single post about anything other than TL or how to touch men (not even joking).

flux_sl

shitlord
Yes that's my top priority, addressing some idiot Apok for the 90th time on the same RMT subjects or some other tin foil shit.

Some funny shit too that someone posted your raid leaders posting history on Reddit on the ragefireforums.com Rants & Flames. It was hundreds of posts and comments linking the same white dragonscale cloak, or @Roshen about TL. It shows just how maniacal and stalkerish you people are and the only thing you talk about is TL for months on end. There wasn't one single post about anything other than TL or how to touch men (not even joking).
Bahaha, this is great stuff. TL literally at every corner bashes Apok on multiple forums almost all day. Just look at this forum for an example, you and lost particularly are some of the worst offenders. You're straw manning as well(its a logical fallacy) and is very telling. I didn't mention a single thing about RMT, and you can label it as "tin foil" hat to try to diminish its legitimacy but the facts and circumstances surrounding my accusation and your response indicate otherwise.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Only four guilds will ever get to say they killed pre nerf bees. Not a bad accomplishment!