New Progression Server confirmed

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You think a single box necro will win DPS races on contested stuff solo - that's adorable.
Who said anything about contesting mobs? Also if its all "one player" as people wish I can see a necro doing just fine. Otherwise sit in Rath mtns farming pp and buy krono. Easier then items.

I kinda doubt that. If anything the cost for krono will scale closer to live. If people can't play 12 accounts at once whats the point of buying a whole bunch of krono?
Lol, you think price of krono on a brand new server is going to reach live prices(which are like ~1m)? Haha.

People will sell krono np, just to get infusion of PP(look at start of these servers), so plenty of room for buyers. Especially for the audience this server is attracting.

And I will be buying to fund other accounts(remember account wide) or just to hold it, because holding PP is pointless.

Edit:

DBG could do something really drastic for that server also. Turn off Krono. Make everyone pay monthly fee(instead of most probably riding on a storage of krono they have). And the people who are going to find a way to box will also be paying $ per account. Might actually turn away a decent chunk of people who are going to box no matter what.

Also lets you see how the economy does without krono in the picture.

Titan_sl

shitlord
This is the strongest argument for instancing I have seen.

And a big part of my point in previous posts was that I think alot of these guilds that are being called casual here would really contend for a top spot on alot of classic servers so I don't think its fair when people act like they don't deserve content too.
Speaking from experience with Ragefire guilds... No, a lot of them wouldn't. Most of these guilds could probably field a raid force 4 nights a week, but would probably just be one of those "We beat the expansion 3 months after X guild did it" guilds. There is nothing wrong with that, at all. The problem is, its basically impossible to weed out the bad from the good, because all of these bosses are so easy. It wont be until Velious until you see the gap between "Casual" and "Not-so-casual" start to form. We've seen Apok(Supposedly the second best guild on ragefire) wipe to an encounter more times in 1 day than we've wiped on everything, since the server started. They have time to work on the skill gap between now and then, but lumping most(read: Casual) guilds, with top end(TL, MM, FI, AD) is just going to hurt their cause.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who said anything about contesting mobs? Also if its all "one player" as people wish I can see a necro doing just fine. Otherwise sit in Rath mtns farming pp and buy krono. Easier then items.

Lol, you think price of krono on a brand new server is going to reach live prices(which are like ~1m)? Haha.

People will sell krono np, just to get infusion of PP(look at start of these servers), so plenty of room for buyers. Especially for the audience this server is attracting.

And I will be buying to fund other accounts(remember account wide) or just to hold it, because holding PP is pointless.
Nah, but they're going to start much higher than this TLP for sure - you're not going to get them early on for 400-500pp early on like with RF/LJ - and HGs are probably the best solution for filling the coffers, but I bet you it's going to start north of 1k/krono when the first are sold with many more buyers than sellers - and level off around 2.5k for a while.

People JUST saw how quickly they got up to 2.5k on LJ/RF, I can't see them being THAT impatient (with fewer characters to gear largely due to fewer boxes) to part with their kronos. [Plus anecodotely the people I've spoke to planning to go there keep quoting they'll be holding on until 2.5k+ over there before they sell any - I've not seen a single person quote plans to sell earlier than that]

And I seriously doubt any serious camp besides HGs will be empty of groups often enough to take it over solo - maybe sneaking into an empty instance occasionally might get lucky on farming, but would be so easy for people to roll you over.

Honestly, my core point was it seems like it would be far more efficient to just box (you do box, right?) on LJ in Seb or whatever - sure they technically will cost more on LJ, but I've got a hunch the overall hrs/krono aren't going to be that much different past the first two weeks or so. Maybe not even then if you're boxing on LJ.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And a big part of my point in previous posts was that I think alot of these guilds that are being called casual here would really contend for a top spot on alot of classic servers so I don't think its fair when people act like they don't deserve content too.
Without rotations? No way in hell. I've seen LJ and RF with no rotations and it wasn't even close between #1 and the rest, with it being a huge chasm on RF.

With rotations? Sure, but then almost anyone can.

Nah, but they're going to start much higher than this TLP for sure - you're not going to get them early on for 400-500pp early on like with RF/LJ - and HGs are probably the best solution for filling the coffers, but I bet you it's going to start north of 1k/krono when the first are sold with many more buyers than sellers - and level off around 2.5k for a while.

People JUST saw how quickly they got up to 2.5k on LJ/RF, I can't see them being THAT impatient (with fewer characters to gear largely due to fewer boxes) to part with their kronos. [Plus anecodotely the people I've spoke to planning to go there keep quoting they'll be holding on until 2.5k+ over there before they sell any - I've not seen a single person quote plans to sell earlier than that]

And I seriously doubt any serious camp besides HGs will be empty of groups often enough to take it over solo - maybe sneaking into an empty instance occasionally might get lucky on farming, but would be so easy for people to roll you over.

Honestly, my core point was it seems like it would be far more efficient to just box (you do box, right?) on LJ in Seb or whatever - sure they technically will cost more on LJ, but I've got a hunch the overall hrs/krono aren't going to be that much different past the first two weeks or so. Maybe not even then if you're boxing on LJ.
We'll, but can easily see myself buying them for the first couple weeks for ~500. Never underestimate peoples desperation to get ahead, even the tiniest bit and spend $ doing it.

And no I don't really box per se. I main bard(obviously) and use a mage to farm HGs when I want too. Also 1 wizard to port around the bard(when running at lightning speed still isn't enough).

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
We'll, but can easily see myself buying them for the first couple weeks for ~500. Never underestimate peoples desperation to get ahead, even the tiniest bit and spend $ doing it.
We'll see - I can't imagine people will forget 6 months previous.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I think Kunark will be the death of ragefire.. if we all have to rotate a trakanon or hold hands let everyone get into VP then rotate that, that will cement the precedent that classic has set, I for one won't be doing this stupid rotation policing drama 24/7 every 3-6months of an expansion. I came for competition and racing. Trakanon has been the vision of many of us as the bottle neck against the rotation of VP, but we'll see what happens.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's going to be very fun to watch.

Can't wait to see how Dima and his politics try to spin it and get it setup for LJ.

What really should of happened is the top guilds are done with classic, so they move to kunark only. This opens up classic for all the next tier guilds. Rinse repeat, things start trickling/opening as the top guild is done or expansion is open and it spreads everyone out. Instead rotation is trying to keep multiple guilds at the top and EQ for a while wasn't built to handle that.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really think guilds are going to struggle in killing the Kunark bosses with MoM. These guilds as it is struggle on CT and he's fully fucking slowable with a junk AE that hits for 300. People are out of their minds if they think these guilds are going to be killing a boss that lifetaps for 1500 with an AE that hits 4x harder with a long DoT component. Let alone Gorenaire slowing all pets and melee 70% and her mana drain.

Get your popcorn ready bros, the shit is gonna get wild on Ragefire in a week and change.

What really should of happened is the top guilds are done with classic, so they move to kunark only. This opens up classic for all the next tier guilds. Rinse repeat, things start trickling/opening as the top guild is done or expansion is open and it spreads everyone out. Instead rotation is trying to keep multiple guilds at the top and EQ for a while wasn't built to handle that.
You mean like classic originally was? the horror

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Trakanon is probably the easiest dragon to mage wall in the history of EQ. Seb is like nothing but walls and corridors so I expect him to be killed by anyone who can cry for a rotation and find twelve mages to attack him through a wall so their pets don't eat AE's.

I'm not sure where I stand on VP and the outdoor dragons. In the end I predict they will get mage'd down as well. I understand VP is an outdoor zone etc etc but I've seen guilds mage wall Dracoliche and he's outdoor, has a fear AE and a dot. You just guard your pets, pull the dragon on top of them and keep the mage crews out of range of the AE. Resummon pets in waves as they die.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trakanon is probably the easiest dragon to mage wall in the history of EQ. Seb is like nothing but walls and corridors so I expect him to be killed by anyone who can cry for a rotation and find twelve mages to attack him through a wall so their pets don't eat AE's.

I'm not sure where I stand on VP and the outdoor dragons. In the end I predict they will get mage'd down as well. I understand VP is an outdoor zone etc etc but I've seen guilds mage wall Dracoliche and he's outdoor, has a fear AE and a dot. You just guard your pets, pull the dragon on top of them and keep the mage crews out of range of the AE. Resummon pets in waves as they die.
Thats horrible to hear =:emoji_nose:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i think that rule applied to all non-player characters, no? and i thought the number was 4. only 4 NPCs (mobs or pets) could be attacking a target at the same time. pulling more than 4 mobs at once would cause the 5th and later mobs to just stand there and do nothing.

IIRC

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really think guilds are going to struggle in killing the Kunark bosses with MoM. These guilds as it is struggle on CT and he's fully fucking slowable with a junk AE that hits for 300. People are out of their minds if they think these guilds are going to be killing a boss that lifetaps for 1500 with an AE that hits 4x harder with a long DoT component. Let alone Gorenaire slowing all pets and melee 70% and her mana drain.

Get your popcorn ready bros, the shit is gonna get wild on Ragefire in a week and change.

You mean like classic originally was? the horror
Are we still talking EQ1 here? Why would gorenaire have a mana drain? I've heard they've changed up some of the bosses on these progression servers to keep them interesting.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

Scale not match. There is a difference. And yeah I truly don't think the krono market will be as crazy as the current TLP because playing armies won't be as possible so the need for multiple subs will drastically decrease.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
i think that rule applied to all non-player characters, no? and i thought the number was 4. only 4 NPCs (mobs or pets) could be attacking a target at the same time. pulling more than 4 mobs at once would cause the 5th and later mobs to just stand there and do nothing.

IIRC
They wouldn't stand there and do nothing, they'd run all over the fucking place. It was a mess in Karnor's. Haha man I totally forgot about that shit! 4 mobs max at once. It still existed in Kunark, cos as I said, Karnor's was hilarious.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The four mob thing definitely existed at least in early Velious as well, I think it was gone by Luclin though.