New Progression Server confirmed

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Of course! Daybreak has given everyone who cannot compete a way to legislate equality. It's Harrison Bergeron brought to life. Just keep making rules until things are "fair." I can't wait to see what people concoct for the next set of rotation agreements on Lockjaw. Hell, I'm sure we'll see overwhelming support for Trakanon to be a rotation mob on day one.

I have seen purgatory and it is GM enforced mediocrity.
Should have been a time-locked progression Zek, that would have been funny.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
They should ban Frenzic for that so we could watch some fireworks.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Two days after Kunark launch on Ragefire. No competition, no drama, no major QQ forum posts. Sad days bro's, sad days.

The only semi enjoyable portion so far has been laughing at Frenzic rage over GM's despawning his quest turn in mob. Dude got level 56 in like 10 minutes.
What was he doing?

Corvid_sl

shitlord
That involved an quest NPC and took 10 minutes? I'd have to guess he was turning in thousands of bone chips while using an xp pot, as well as the 50% bonus weekend xp. But it doesn't make sense for them to remove the quest NPC, as all of those things are legit and it blocks everyone else from doing the quest. There was likely another reason.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was just bone chipping from his own statements, he tends to only beat around the bush with minor aspects of things - so it was almost absolutely that quest, just acquisition/XP enhancement/"tools" are questionable.

Corvid_sl

shitlord
Sure but even if it was as bad as for example, if the xp pots or bone chips were duped, it doesn't make sense to despawn the quest NPC to block anyone else that would be using the quest fairly.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Sure but even if it was as bad as for example, if the xp pots or bone chips were duped, it doesn't make sense to despawn the quest NPC to block anyone else that would be using the quest fairly.
It was just the bone chip turn in. Since it's Frenzic he was probably automating turn ins but that's neither here nor there.

I figure it's just a classic case of a player doing something "unintended". I wouldn't be surprised if the entire quest was nerfed to give terrible exp like all the other newbie quests do now.

Anyone else remember a couple months ago when some guy was going full retard about Frenzic supposedly afk farming bone chips all day with his mage bots in Paineel. Oh yeah
smile.png

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah he botted the bone chips. Should ban every account that had chips he turned in and watch the fireworks. I'd get a kick out of it.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
I read that and it isn't that they were nerfed, it's that the table was wrong the whole time. Basically the delay stayed at 38 regardless of their table and the epic drops the delay to 26 (supposedly).

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I dont get it, it was a bone chip quest that's been being abused for awhile. So what if the guy stocked up enough to hit 60? Everyone "afk"s in the field to get free bone chips.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Messing around on a iksar necro when nothing is happening in EQ2 because casting one dot and tabbing is hard.

Titan_sl

shitlord
Yeah I dont get it, it was a bone chip quest that's been being abused for awhile. So what if the guy stocked up enough to hit 60? Everyone "afk"s in the field to get free bone chips.
I like Frenzic, we get along when we chat. But it takes 160k bone chips to go from 1-50. It only takes 8k? to get to 20? 15k Chips only takes you to 27 from level 1.

So, it takes 135k or so to go from 30 to 50.

Now imagine how many it takes to go from 51 to 56? My guess is around 80k even with double exp weekend. So, he would have to have 800 stacks of bonechips, which is fine. But i'll challenge you to turn in 800 stacks of anything to someone in less than 5 minutes. Not only that, deal with the shit that pops up on your cursor. Thats why its an issue

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Well yeah he has a handin macro, but I didnt think double exp effected quest exp.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It does. The last time we got a double exp weekend I went the bone chip route just to get a foraging mule into the mid 20s.