New Progression Server confirmed

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
"Q: Can I Transfer My Existing Character Here?

No. This will be a fresh server where all players will begin their adventures from level 1.
There are no plans at this time to offer transfers to this server from any other progression server."

Wonder once this catches up to Ragefire if they will allow transfers onto Phinny around Velious or so. Still debating on what to play.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I never got to do VT. I was in a friends and family guild until PoP. I really want to though.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
From the FAQ:

"For launch, Plane of Air is an exception. Each island will have a lockout. Kill any NPC on that island and everyone in your raid will receive a 6.5 day account-wide lockout for that island."

How does that work? Does that mean if you kill up to Island 3, but don't go to Island 4, you have to wait a week to attempt 4-8?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
From the FAQ:

"For launch, Plane of Air is an exception. Each island will have a lockout. Kill any NPC on that island and everyone in your raid will receive a 6.5 day account-wide lockout for that island."

How does that work? Does that mean if you kill up to Island 3, but don't go to Island 4, you have to wait a week to attempt 4-8?
They mean it's got lockouts per island. So if you clear Island 1 and leave - it'll be locked for the week. But 2+ won't be locked next instance.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It probably means that cleared isles (isles on lockout) don't respawn or at least their little bosses won't respawn.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
VT was mind numbingly boring, but the loot was so good that for me it was still pretty fun. We never had to compete for spawns though, because we were #2 behind FoH and by the time we got in (they ruthlessly blocked the rest of the server from getting keys for ages) they were done with it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
VT was mind numbingly boring, but the loot was so good that for me it was still pretty fun. We never had to compete for spawns though, because we were #2 behind FoH and by the time we got in (they ruthlessly blocked the rest of the server from getting keys for ages) they were done with it. I can't say how much I'd have enjoyed it with trains and fighting amongst other guilds. Sheesh that would have sucked so bad.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can someone explain to me the lockout system in TL-DR? It sounds like anyone who participates in any kill automatically gets a 4.5 day loot lockout, but they can still help on other kills? Zoning into an instance also causes a 2.5 day lockout but that doesn't trigger if you engage the open world version? What's the point of doing that anyway when all of the loot is tradeable anyway?

Titan_sl

shitlord
Can someone explain to me the lockout system in TL-DR? It sounds like anyone who participates in any kill automatically gets a 4.5 day loot lockout, but they can still help on other kills? Zoning into an instance also causes a 2.5 day lockout but that doesn't trigger if you engage the open world version? What's the point of doing that anyway when all of the loot is tradeable anyway?
Thats basically correct. Anyone that is added to the DZ receives a 2.5 day lockout, no matter what. If, after you're added, anything at all is killed, you will receive another 4 days on the lockout timer for "Loot Locked - Denizen's of Nagafen's Lair". Then if Nagafen is killed you receive another lock out.

My guess is that its in place like that from the start to prevent things like NToV from being perma farmed. Before, it was pretty easy to break that system, like when Citizen did an event 17 times in a single night to farm keys, and basically made keying a non-issue.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I understand the scheduled / instanced zoned part. I'm just texting with Drillisen now about the open world shit and we realized its DBG and who the fuck knows?

I guess what we're trying to figure out which maybe even DBG hasn't is how the base zone lockout is going to work. Its seems pointless only locking people out of loot because the loot is all tradeable save the books from the dragons at least. One person without a lockout could just loot and pass it around which seems kind of pointless.

Vaclav

I think I understand the scheduled / instanced zoned part. I'm just texting with Drillisen now about the open world shit and we realized its DBG and who the fuck knows?

I guess what we're trying to figure out which maybe even DBG hasn't is how the base zone lockout is going to work. Its seems pointless only locking people out of loot because the loot is all tradeable save the books from the dragons at least. One person without a lockout could just loot and pass it around which seems kind of pointless.
Loot lock only applies to trash - instance can't be requested for the boss if anyone inside has a lock on the boss. (or added later)

It's pretty simple, seems like you're trying to overcomplicate it. (Or taking some of the first round bugginess of it as how it's supposed to operate before the Absor update to it)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
- There will also be a "lockout" for the "basepop" in these instances given once one of those NPCs is killed. This lockout will prevent looting of those NPCs in instances obtained after the lockout is given.
This is the part that seems pointless to me, why even add a lockout to the open world part? I guess to prevent the instance being farmed as split raids by larger guilds ala PoTime or WoW style by giving them a lockout from the open world bosses. I mean instead of poopsocking and getting AIDS you could split raid 3-4x a week per mob in instances with planning (which would be a pita but doable).

Vaclav

This is the part that seems pointless to me, why even add a lockout to the open world part? I guess to prevent the instance being farmed as split raids by larger guilds ala PoTime or WoW style by giving them a lockout from the open world bosses. I mean instead of poopsocking and getting AIDS you could split raid 3-4x a week per mob in instances with planning (which would be a pita but doable).
Yea, it's meant to prevent farming giants/planar armor/sky island drops maybe excessively. Which could be farmed by popping new instances np, but apparently they feel the lockout is important in the instances. Seems weird to me to bother too, but cest la vie.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I figured it was more like if you wipe you're locked out for 2.5 days. I'm probably wrong though.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider

From what I gather, it takes at least 6 to start an instance and once a mob is killed all 6 are locked out from looting that mob in an instance. I suppose the point would be to keep people from just farming things like Djarn/Tranix/Rokyl in an instance and to also steer people towards using the instance to hit the raid targets rather than single group stuff.