New Rule: Should we cull all EQ-Neckbeard discussion from game threads?

kudos

<Banned>
...and that my friends, is why I voted, yes. Having to not listen to shit stains like this because it's been moved to an appropriate thread thrills me than finally getting my illusion spells from HHK.
Care to give examples of how the MMO market is vastly superior today than it was say... in 2003?

IMO MMO's have gone downhill since 2004-05 but whatever.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Care to give examples of how the MMO market is vastly superior today than it was say... in 2003?

IMO MMO's have gone downhill since 2004-05 but whatever.
See, that's exactly what I'm talking about. You CAN have that opinion, and we CAN have that discussion in a thread that directly relates to it. I don't want to have that discussion in this thread, or the Wildstar thread, and I don't want to see that opinion repeated inevery fucking threadon the forum.

PS: UO was vastly superior to EQ.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
SojournMUD was vastly superior to UO.

The trouble is we house so many faggots who had their cherry popped by EQ. I have more friends now that started with WoW than EQ, and they often harp on how great early WoW was. Same stupid, different day.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Voted no but mostly because I don't think the OP is very well defined. Given the history of this forum you're going to get a shitload of EQ nostalgia but I'm sure WoW is pretty good at derailing, too. People hate a lot of modern MMOs (and rightfully so) so discussion goes back to the last time they remembered truly liking an MMO. I don't know though, I'm sure I over though it. Derailing in any case should be moderated if it's not contributing anything more than going back to the same old bullshit that equates to older always being better.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
The discussion should be organic. It's natural to flow to something positive in a shitsea of negative. If a game fucking sucks, you're going to compare to something that doesn't suck. And in the MMO space, there's not much that doesn't suck. It's the progression of conversation.

Sean_sl

shitlord
The discussion should be organic. It's natural to flow to something positive in a shitsea of negative. If a game fucking sucks, you're going to compare to something that doesn't suck. And in the MMO space, there's not much that doesn't suck. It's the progression of conversation.
EQ does suck though and yet idiot scrubs like you still jack off to it. This forum is full of people who were complete fucking scrubs in EQ that, for some reason, enjoyed getting fucked in the ass.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
The trouble is we house so many faggots who had their cherry popped by EQ. I have more friends now that started with WoW than EQ, and they often harp on how great early WoW was. Same stupid, different day.
This. I started with vanilla wow and I'd want every new mmo to be like it and talk about it all day long.

I still voted no because 50% of content of this forum is eq related and I need shit to read at work.

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
Uo was my first love. Although I only ever got a wrister from it. Eq was the first game that let me put my no-no parts inside it. I will always remember it for that moment. Although we both grew older and eventually apart, I still go back once and awhile for a memory filled weekend - at this point we both know it will never work.

Wow... well wow was the chick I met in college... she wasnt smart or complicated... but she was hot and easy.... god I road that bitch hard for a few years... but the lack of personality finally did it in... now I'm mmo-less... just floating through life picking up random mobas...

Wait what was this thread about??

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Voting no because I'm guilty as fuck about armchair deving. I also tend to actually post different ideas while many of the neckbeards post the same shit ad nauseum.. I put those people on ignore, because I already know what they are going to say. You can only refute stupid ideas so many times before you have to admit that some people really just believe something is one way and that's the end of that argument. I mean shit... Merlin in the politics forum? It's like debating religion.

Just use the ignore function when people get stupid (seriously, remember Gryeyes?) and then you can pick and choose which posts you have to see. I just wish people wouldn't do the fucking block quoting shit when quoting people I'm ignoring =/