New World

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Then you guys make a decision and go post about it in the pre-launch thread. I'll edit stuff into the OP.

I have yet to see anyone make a call one way or the other on any of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
After install, you can log in and see regions and ping. I get appreciably better times on east coast and I am in Illinois.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
It's always better to have some people to roll with. I'm not necessarily trying to roll on a super popular NAEAST server though.

Not sure if the survey cleared up much except for those desiring WEST COAST times.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
It's always better to have some people to roll with. I'm not necessarily trying to roll on a super popular NAEAST server though.

Not sure if the survey cleared up much except for those desiring WEST COAST times.
Honestly, having a split-timezoned crew would be ideal for this type of server/game. Coverage. How bad is east coast ping for west coast players?

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly, having a split-timezoned crew would be ideal for this type of server/game. Coverage. How bad is east coast ping for west coast players?
YMMV
1632758460150.png

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honestly IDK why you dudes always pick some of the most crowded fucking servers ever. Especially in this game where it really does not matter much and more of a hindrance because the lack of instancing. One of the worst picks was WOW classic where we had to either be logged in for 24/7 or wait on 8 hr queues during prime time. That shit was aids. And from what im hearing it never really got better. All prime $$ spots camped, queues, etc...

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm in London and on fiber with 150++ mb download and upload.

Wtf? I saw this a couple times in open beta, but it wasn't this bad and it went away quickly and felt almost like a display bug. But this worries me. Anyone know what's going on?

Attachments

• nwping.jpg
    nwping.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Geez. Mine was kind of crap (around 70ms), but dropped down to 20-30ms after sitting at the menu a while. Higher than I'd expect, but it should be fine.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I'm in London and on fiber with 150++ mb download and upload.

Wtf? I saw this a couple times in open beta, but it wasn't this bad and it went away quickly and felt almost like a display bug. But this worries me. Anyone know what's going on?
Clt6YuRWQAAdWBm.jpg

YGWYD lol, jk.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Geez. Mine was kind of crap (around 70ms), but dropped down to 20-30ms after sitting at the menu a while. Higher than I'd expect, but it should be fine.
Okay now it's down to 11s for my closest server (central Europe). It's really strange, but it stayed 1000ish for a while. I saw this in open beta too. I'm not sure if it's real or what. I guess it just goes away after having the client open for a while?

The food here fucking sucks man. England is so shit.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Okay now it's down to 11s for my closest server (central Europe). It's really strange, but it stayed 1000ish for a while. I saw this in open beta too. I'm not sure if it's real or what. I guess it just goes away after having the client open for a while?
Well, that ruins my fucking joke. Delete this shit, lol.