New World

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I was stuck in what it said was a 50 player queue for Vingolf, after an hour was down to a 38 player queue, then got booted with the "new servers" message to see it was actually ~2500 players. Ended up on Nepenthe, which was low pop but every game is full to the brim of Barrens chat. Made it to 12 before calling it a night.

Biggest suck was starting in Everfalls, as opposed to First Light from closed beta; I had spent some time up there but having to find all new sources of everything wasn't what I expected to do but still made easier than trying to start fresh. Got over all the usual humps, got my basic 1st tier crafting stuff done, mining and harvesting up to 30, lumber skills up to 50. Still trying out weapons and armor to see how the game was changed from closed beta to launch. Not sure the 10% bonus dmg and healing is worth the paper thin light/med armor.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Welp, servers are down for maintanence. Am in the syndicate on Vingolf. Made it close to 19 and 60 skinning so far. Definitely addicted. Only real complaints are that there is no sprinting and you stop moving when you open your inventory, kind of annoying but not too big a deal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah you can look at skills while autorunning (K) but not inventory (TAB) , annoying for sure.

NAEAST servers down for maintenace, they said Euro was down for like 90 minutes. We will see.

There's tons of servers with no queues or minimal queues even in primetime, everyone was just set on playing whatever arbitrary name they decided on (with no guild)

Still running on Vingolf, level 17 as I didn't play last night. Lots of fun so far.

Syndicate has 2 territories, marauder 1, covenant 1. Syndicate definitely seems to have way more players.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was hoping to grind to 30 tonight, but oh well. made it to half way mark of lvl 25 and ~40 in all harvesting skills. Letting the town boards level up my crafting for now so I dont power level myself into getting dunked on by high mat cost Town Board shit. I did a hammer / axe heavy armor build in closed beta but now Im doing a Hatchet / Life staff, medium armor build this time around and its a night and day difference. I barely ever have to touch potions or food now. So much so that I think Im just going to toss the Life Staff idea and go with a bow or rifle. Berzerk's move speed is nice, too.

I joined an Amirine group earlier tonight and that turned out pretty bad. Felt like I just wasted my time so I just went back to leveling again after that. If any of you guys on Vingolf want to do it tomorrow, Im down for it - I was basically soloing shit in there at 23, so I should make it easy mode for any of you by the time we do it. I'd like to join the corp with you Syndicate guys, but even though Marauders seems to have a f'k ton of people over Syndicate - when the hell they'll get their shit together is beyond me.

Biggest suck was starting in Everfalls, as opposed to First Light from closed beta; I had spent some time up there but having to find all new sources of everything wasn't what I expected to do but still made easier than trying to start fresh. Got over all the usual humps, got my basic 1st tier crafting stuff done, mining and harvesting up to 30, lumber skills up to 50. Still trying out weapons and armor to see how the game was changed from closed beta to launch. Not sure the 10% bonus dmg and healing is worth the paper thin light/med armor.
I started in Monarchs this time and I couldnt wait to drop it and go back to Windfall. Like you, I know where everything is in Windfall territory. Iron Nodes, Hemp, Silver, Buffalo are a short walk, etc. Im sure its a great zone, but knowing where shit is speeds up leveling substantially.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Was hoping to grind to 30 tonight, but oh well. made it to half way mark of lvl 25 and ~40 in all harvesting skills. Letting the town boards level up my crafting for now so I dont power level myself into getting dunked on by high mat cost Town Board shit. I did a hammer / axe heavy armor build in closed beta but now Im doing a Hatchet / Life staff, medium armor build this time around and its a night and day difference. I barely ever have to touch potions or food now. So much so that I think Im just going to toss the Life Staff idea and go with a bow or rifle. Berzerk's move speed is nice, too.

I joined an Amirine group earlier tonight and that turned out pretty bad. Felt like I just wasted my time so I just went back to leveling again after that. If any of you guys on Vingolf want to do it tomorrow, Im down for it - I was basically soloing shit in there at 23, so I should make it easy mode for any of you by the time we do it. I'd like to join the corp with you Syndicate guys, but even though Marauders seems to have a f'k ton of people over Syndicate - when the hell they'll get their shit together is beyond me.

I started in Monarchs this time and I couldnt wait to drop it and go back to Windfall. Like you, I know where everything is in Windfall territory. Iron Nodes, Hemp, Silver, Buffalo are a short walk, etc. Im sure its a great zone, but knowing where shit is speeds up leveling substantially.
Windsward and Everfall

Windsward has lots of herbs comparatively

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I got in early yesterday morning (can't remember the name of the server... its where my friends went), and cut the fuck out of trees all day. Finally got to 50 on tree farming simulator, and called it a night lol.

Interesting game. I do love harvesting and crafting in these kinds of games. That all being said, I have zero interest in making this my main MMO. I still very much love grouping and raiding in EverQuest.

• 1Worf

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I played all day yesterday, played slightly in the open beta as well. While I lasted longer on launch late last night I was feeling the lull in my excitement for the game.

I can definitely feel the different stages of the games development, the campfire being the "rust clone" as best I can put it, with all the resources you can harvest over the world fed into this survival MMO with crafting, that instead gets put into a traditional WoW MMO loot system, which seems to have a weird time to progress ratio that doesn't feel very satisfying with how much of X you need to do to get to the next stage, from iron to steel for instance is quite a lot.

I found doing the quest boards for armorsmithing/weaponsmithing the best way to do it but it was still a drag finding unprocessed fiber for most of it (I did eventually find its much easier in other areas)

As I slowly progressed through most of the games systems it seems to lack a carrot at a different point for people, game still seems rushed and definitely needs more engaging content to make it feel better playing after the newness wears off.

I really think the auction house took a lot away from the crafting part of the game. With such a beautiful world and a big push for players to engage and live in it with territory wars and capture points, trading should have been a lot more personal instead of playing undercutting simulator at the towns auction house.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
Couldn't get onto Vingolf yesterday, so started up on one of the new servers and leveled up to 8 or so. It seems really well made, but some things sure are confusing.

Totally agree with Zog above about the auction house. It seems clear they are trying to force more player interaction with this game, but funneling all transactions through the auction house seems a bit counter to that.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have toons on Vingolf and El Dorado, but fuck those queues, I have to work most of the day.

So playing on US West Samavasarana. Had the lowest queue last night (probably because of the crappy name) and I could actually play before going to bed.

If the queues get reasonable I'll try again on Vingolf or wherever we end up.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
You fucking kidding me? I left this thing in the que from 7pm to 6am, so I'm not eligible for a refund.
Screenshot_20210929-082711_Gmail.jpg

Last edited:
  • 9Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 11 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Restarted on Vingolf as Syndicate this time, fixing a couple mistakes (just wasted time). Character name is the same, Xindan.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Noone can pronounce that name bro

OOT-NAY-AN - NAY-ON-TOO.

If you have a prime membership this game includes an automatic tutorial on how to pronounce names in the game. Along with an additional 10k bag space.

Oh and no queues.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
OOT-NAY-AN - NAY-ON-TOO.

If you have a prime membership this game includes an automatic tutorial on how to pronounce names in the game.
Look at this Gates of Discord ass bitch over here..

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users