New World

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Bezos popped champagne

On account of this. 8 months ago they were doubted.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's like watching boomers setup email for the first time and have no idea whats in store for them...

Lack of strict anti cheat, the fickleness of the gaming population... Having a launch day frenzy is normal, even for dog shit games, if that same frenzy is still there in 30 days then you can pat yourself on the back.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Population will be down > 50% within a month, this game is boring as fuck.

• 8Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Game is fucking great. Say goodbye to the stupid questing from hub to hub and daily bullshit thats been plaguing this genre since 2005. I can literally level off cutting down trees and collecting rocks and shit. Combat is fun and engaging even when its so simple at it core. World design is superb, game looks fucking beastly compared to other mmo. Itemization so far is pretty good. Get tons of drops, progression is there...Faction shit to grind, PvP missions.. Survival meets mmo with a dash of pvp if you want to. And all that for $40 box price and no sub.

They have the people playing, its up to them to make the content. And im sure they will. And if they dont, who gives a fuck? Got your 200 hours in for $40 and fuck off to play something else.

Only gripe is the travel in this game. which has been covered to death here so im not going to cover it again. I hope they change some shit around. Add more teleports, make them less expensive to use...etc...

To all of you queue faggots, get ourt from the queue, they are constantly adding servers. For the life of me IDK why people are so fuicking atached to their first choice. I was gone from Vignolf the second day. Fuck that shit. My new server is packed but no queues. I can literally log in and out at will, imagine that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uncle Jeff Bezos is in for a surprise. MMO players are a salty bunch of fuckers.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Uncle Bezos can shut all this shit down and take a shit on it without a single care. Im betting he does not even know about it.

• 1Picard

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just started playing today and so far it’s a great change from EQ and WoW and all the other mmo clones. Visuals are awesome and gameplay is great so far. If this was how their LOTR mmo was suppose to be, it would be awesome.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Alright jaded MMO fucks, is this actually worth 40$ or should I just reinstall FF14?

It's not GCD spam yea, closer to the old Korean action-mmos?

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
So far it hasn’t really pulled me in but I’m also not into PvP or anything. Story’s a bit bland but I’m looking forward to seeing more of the crafting. No GDC spam stuff. I’m just treating it like an MMO Skyrim and just fucking around. Should be more than worth the $40 for that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Alright jaded MMO fucks, is this actually worth 40$ or should I just reinstall FF14?

If you're like me youll play it...hate it...uninstall it...pick it up a week later and enjoy it for a week then hate it again.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

I think it's great and I hate most MMOs these days, that being said it isn't really traditional but the combat is great, the gathering is satisfying and the crafting is fun. For 40 bucks you'll get your money's worth in a week or so.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

It's not everything most of us want from a modern MMO, but unlike Ashes which is promising everything under the sun and will fail miserably this game promises nothing.

Great engine, absolutely beautiful game, simplistic but solid combat, enjoyable skill based pvp, quest system uninspired though some better late chains, some pve content that will be challenging for non raider types, 50v50 system that works, story is best read via web unless you really like hunting for notes littered in the world.

The game does need a lot of QOL fixes that are absolutely dumb as to why they never made it in the last 2+ years people have been asking for them while other areas have such high attention to detail it's like the teams never talked to each other.

Que issues aside the launch is better than any MMO I can remember in my mind the last decade+.

And having been in game for all the years I've seen the devs pump out polished content in a month for what other companies spend a year+ doing so it's quite possible we get a lot of what is wanted in the next 3-6 months.

With that said I don't give a fuck if the game dies next month. I've got like 60 hours in already and going to ride the new mmo smell until I uninstall it and never play it again.

Also $40.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really I do think the biggest selling point is its...$40 and no sub.

Just for general MMO knowledge you should experience it because everything going forward is going to be a factor in any MMO discussion from here on out.

I imagine one day the game is going to get a patch that really wacks all the moles and it becomes a solid game to play in between gaming droughts.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What amulets did you sell? I was first to market for the newb ones, but they didn't do jack shit for me. And by the time I got the next tier, people had quest versions. My money maker right now is simply selling Fiber at a 10x markup in Brightwood and Cutlass Keys lmao.

75c is perfectly safe long term. Your CPU cooler is probably sub par though, or your ventilation is bad. Or who knows with how this game acts up with random shit.

PSA GREAT AXE : Getting the "Gravity" Node (not Gravity Well, but Gravity : 30% Longer holds) completely breaks Reap. You'll waste your time with the animation, but it does absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, both to mobs and players.
The second tier of them (regular gems). I'm still selling them, but for only like 150 gold now. Have over 50 on the market. Good chance on my server if you bought one, I made it. At almost 16k gold now.

Seems like I wasn't fast enough on the next tier up (brilliant earrings). Lots on the market already, and I'm not sure if people will buy an earring by the time the slot opens at 40.

Plus there are so few people at level 40+ still. I'm only 34 myself and I've put in tons of hours (although obviously lots of gathering and crafting).

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
What happened in my case anyway, by the time I had enough tokens after making a bag, the gear was garbage. I thought I'd get the lvl 20 stuff early, but nope! I hit the faction cap pretty quick (purple), and had a level 20 quest in my journal to raise my faction cap. Buuuut you need to be 24 to DO the quest to raise the faction. The faction gear is already outdated at that point. So yeah they changed something to bork it. I'm 30 and have 0 faction gear, not counting bag runes :p
It's even worse than I thought. Like I said, level 34. The tier 2 stuff has been shit forever. I unlocked the tier 3 faction at level 33, but it requires level 40. So...what the fuck? If it had been level 35 gear it might have worked out well.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Uncle Jeff Bezos is in for a surprise. MMO players are a salty bunch of fuckers.
Yeah just read all the people in this thread not playing the game repeatedly being sweaty edgelords

small group pvp w friends fighting vs. larger groups or going stealth mode to get quests done is extremely fun.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lmao it almost melted my CPU during initial startup. 100% utilization across all 16 cores, hit almost 80c. Never even got that hot during cinebench lol.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Worst is the 29-34ish range but once you get to the Weavers Fen shit starts to speed up again, exp wise. I did cutlass keys for the 20s and man what a fucking gorgeous zone. But PITA to get around in.

Also never ceases to amaze me, people spamming their goods in the chat when there is a full functioning AH. List the shit and STFU.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Weavers is awful. Tons of water in a game where water is horrendous to navigate.

Coolest place so far was that area in the SE of Brightwood. Going into that cave I was like, holy shit, this game is gorgeous.

Also, as far as linking items, it's because sometimes the chat switches on you. I had it set to group, and then linked my items after Amrine, and it went to global.

• 1Like