New World

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
It always baffles me how so ubiquitous the faction gear is. I only played open beta but I remember seeing videos of people all in faction color and now I've experienced it in 3 wars. I think I've used 2 pieces? I had access to level 45 gear at 45 and didnt use any. I don't get how you don't find drops that are better? Is it because everyone is speedrushing so hard they salvage gear without looking at it?

I'm not exceptionally lucky, gear drops like candy, you can find pieces that fit, and in fact are better than the high stat / con of the faction gear.

Dunno about max level tho. I hope you're right that crafting is the best, built so far I haven't been able to get a taste of that cos every piece of equippable craftable gear requires a rare metor from Uranus and now I lost all my shit.

I'm still just level 21, but the first-rank Marauder faction gear is definitely better than anything I've encountered in the wild or crafted.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

Did some testing myself and holy shit, just being at the log in screen spikes my GPU temp from 122F to 190F instantly.

Closing the game is that instant drop off.

1633191459652.png

I would really take heed of this video and do your own testing and see how hard your cards are running, especially if you're not in any financial situation to replace a card right now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
My 6800xt never goes above 65C thankfully...

As an aside, Brightwood is a genuinely stunning zone. The stuff they can do with lighting, fog, and shadows in 2021 is pretty astounding - particularly in this game considering the scale of the thing. Like Duskwood on steroids

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm still just level 21, but the first-rank Marauder faction gear is definitely better than anything I've encountered in the wild or crafted.
The level 25 stuff? I guess I've always run Amrine before I got there and once you do that, much better stuff starts dropping and by the time you get the quest done you've got full 340ish with exact stats you want. Level 45 stuff was even worse. It's unnatural to unlock it right at 45 and by then all my gear was a minimum of 10 ilvl higher. Everything was 430-435, weapon 440 and the 45 faction stuff is 420. And then on the marketplace you can find 420 gear at level 42 for 100g or sometimes even lower.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I'm gaining 50lbs when this gets controller support. Haven't checked if xpadder works.

Obviously, the UI is all designed around console and voice chat. Needs some real real polish is true but damn game-play is fun.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Did some testing myself and holy shit, just being at the log in screen spikes my GPU temp from 122F to 190F instantly.

View attachment 375369

I would really take heed of this video and do your own testing and see how hard your cards are running, especially if you're not in any financial situation to replace a card right now.
What is causing this? I'm on a relatively budget build. if it wasnt for inflated prices it'd be considered full budget and I've had 0 issues other than the game deleting my shed which I doubt had anything to do with me. 0 crashes, 0 visual issues, nothing goes about 65 c max and my fans purr like kittens.

11700k (not overclocked)
3060 regular
32gig 3200mhz ram
Windows 10 Pro
Installed on a pretty fast mvme m.2 ssd or whatever it's called, around 5600up/dl.
4 case fans, can't remember the size. medium ish? Arctic Silent somethin.
ShadowRock 3 cpu fan.

Is people's air flow shit or something? or bad fans or maybe people are just playing on ridiculous settings. I'm playing on all high, 60 fps capped and 2k res on a 144hz refresh rate monitor. I think New World cannot do 4k res no matter the build or something. That's my idiot theory. I think everyone is 4k or bust and fucking themselves. Their PC specs say they SHOULD be fine, but something with the game's code just isn't there and shit goes bananas.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Testing red dead redemption 2 on max settings.

1633194244530.png
max temp of 156F with no spike from 122F until completely loading into the game rendering the world.

NVDA GTX 1660 TI @1080p

RDR2 System recommended at gtx 1060
New world system recommended at gtx 970.

Of course these are kind of whatever for benchmarks but theres clearly some fuckery going on.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It always baffles me how so ubiquitous the faction gear is. I only played open beta but I remember seeing videos of people all in faction color and now I've experienced it in 3 wars. I think I've used 2 pieces? I had access to level 45 gear at 45 and didnt use any. I don't get how you don't find drops that are better? Is it because everyone is speedrushing so hard they salvage gear without looking at it?

I'm not exceptionally lucky, gear drops like candy, you can find pieces that fit, and in fact are better than the high stat / con of the faction gear.

Dunno about max level tho. I hope you're right that crafting is the best, built so far I haven't been able to get a taste of that cos every piece of equippable craftable gear requires a rare metor from Uranus and now I lost all my shit.
They tweaked something with it. I think they made it more expensive? I've noticed by the time I have enough tokens to buy something, it's already outclassed and/or I'm really close to the next faction tier. So I just skip it and say I'll buy the next tier. But then the same thing happens.

So far I haven't bought a single piece. In the closed beta I was in a full set, with multiple weapons.

Regarding leveling versus tradeskilling, I think there's a happy medium that needs to be met. You want to be ahead of the curve in levels so you can gather in places the lowbies aren't. Like, I was able to mine a shit ton of gold in Cutlass Keys, but there are probably tons of people there now. Or lots of silk in Brightwood, but that's starting to get crowded now too.

I also made a fortune selling amulets. Have 12k gold, whereas my friends I'm playing with have about 1-2k. I'd like to level up to make earrings as soon as possible so I can sell those to people desperate to get anything slotted.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

View attachment 375369

Apparently if you set your quality to "Low" it turns off AA. Then you go back in and set everything to high again. Your setting will be "Custom." When you reload the game, it apparently pulls whatever the quality setting was before you went custom to determine if AA is on.

Retarded game design.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
You have 6 combat skills because you equip 2 different weapons and there are many different possible combinations for each setup. There are also clickable active items eventually so you actually have quite a bit going on considering you have to actively aim, dodge and block etc. IMO It's MUCH better than the standard 40 different active abilities. It's basically a more modern DAoC with the best graphics any MMO has had to date. It needs some polish but this is definitely a solid MMO.
I mash the left mouse button, things die.

• 1Truth!

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Running low settings at 1920x1200 and my GPU and CPU are sitting in the 70-75c range while staring out into the woods with no other players around. Not sure if that's still a safe range for long periods or if my budget bitch build isn't going to be good enough for this. I also don't know how the hell to tune a PC, so maybe that's my problem. Still looks pretty nice on low, though!

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
They tweaked something with it. I think they made it more expensive? I've noticed by the time I have enough tokens to buy something, it's already outclassed and/or I'm really close to the next faction tier. So I just skip it and say I'll buy the next tier. But then the same thing happens.

So far I haven't bought a single piece. In the closed beta I was in a full set, with multiple weapons.

Regarding leveling versus tradeskilling, I think there's a happy medium that needs to be met. You want to be ahead of the curve in levels so you can gather in places the lowbies aren't. Like, I was able to mine a shit ton of gold in Cutlass Keys, but there are probably tons of people there now. Or lots of silk in Brightwood, but that's starting to get crowded now too.

I also made a fortune selling amulets. Have 12k gold, whereas my friends I'm playing with have about 1-2k. I'd like to level up to make earrings as soon as possible so I can sell those to people desperate to get anything slotted.
What amulets did you sell? I was first to market for the newb ones, but they didn't do jack shit for me. And by the time I got the next tier, people had quest versions. My money maker right now is simply selling Fiber at a 10x markup in Brightwood and Cutlass Keys lmao.

Running low settings at 1920x1200 and my GPU and CPU are sitting in the 70-75c range while staring out into the woods with no other players around. Not sure if that's still a safe range for long periods or if my budget bitch build isn't going to be good enough for this. I also don't know how the hell to tune a PC, so maybe that's my problem. Still looks pretty nice on low, though!

75c is perfectly safe long term. Your CPU cooler is probably sub par though, or your ventilation is bad. Or who knows with how this game acts up with random shit.

PSA GREAT AXE : Getting the "Gravity" Node (not Gravity Well, but Gravity : 30% Longer holds) completely breaks Reap. You'll waste your time with the animation, but it does absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, both to mobs and players.

Blueweed

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm gaining 50lbs when this gets controller support. Haven't checked if xpadder works.

Obviously, the UI is all designed around console and voice chat. Needs some real real polish is true but damn game-play is fun.
Playing with ps5 controller via the steam thingy, works great pve and stuff... Totally chilling when fishing.
ADS spins all over the place so pvp is a no for now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
On "modern" hardware those temp ranges are fine. If you run an AIO, one suggestion I'd have is not to top-mount "exhaust" it. It's going to move a LOT of the hot air from your GPU past your rad - can save you a couple degrees C.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>

I have found that pretty much every level range has some awesome gear on AH that is very underpriced at like 30g-80g where the top few will be listed at 200-300g. I check every few levels to see what my lowest/worst piece of gear is and then I check AH to see if any nice deals where someone just listed it for cheap.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

What happened in my case anyway, by the time I had enough tokens after making a bag, the gear was garbage. I thought I'd get the lvl 20 stuff early, but nope! I hit the faction cap pretty quick (purple), and had a level 20 quest in my journal to raise my faction cap. Buuuut you need to be 24 to DO the quest to raise the faction. The faction gear is already outdated at that point. So yeah they changed something to bork it. I'm 30 and have 0 faction gear, not counting bag runes :p

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The lvl25 / lvl40 Faction, and I guess any higher lvl Faction gear with the Resilience perk are OP. That perk is or was bugged during the betas such that it reduced ALL sources of dmg, rather than just Crit Dmg. So you should be able to see a noticeable when fighting someone with/without.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is causing this? I'm on a relatively budget build. if it wasnt for inflated prices it'd be considered full budget and I've had 0 issues other than the game deleting my shed which I doubt had anything to do with me. 0 crashes, 0 visual issues, nothing goes about 65 c max and my fans purr like kittens.

11700k (not overclocked)
3060 regular
32gig 3200mhz ram
Windows 10 Pro
Installed on a pretty fast mvme m.2 ssd or whatever it's called, around 5600up/dl.
4 case fans, can't remember the size. medium ish? Arctic Silent somethin.
ShadowRock 3 cpu fan.

Is people's air flow shit or something? or bad fans or maybe people are just playing on ridiculous settings. I'm playing on all high, 60 fps capped and 2k res on a 144hz refresh rate monitor. I think New World cannot do 4k res no matter the build or something. That's my idiot theory. I think everyone is 4k or bust and fucking themselves. Their PC specs say they SHOULD be fine, but something with the game's code just isn't there and shit goes bananas.
I have the same components, and also running on High, but capped at 60fps (no point in having it higher due to a 60hz monitor). I've only had one crash, but I also haven't been watching my GPU temps. I am running a fan control program by the card manufacturer so it kicks up the fans when the gpu hits 40c. If this programs works as well as the EVGA version I had with my 1060, then it should keep gpu temps way out during gameplay.