New World

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
What am i missing here? This is the least enjoyable MMO i've played right off the hop... i think ever? There's nothing at all that is hooking me or leaving me wanting to sit through the queue to get in.

3 combat skills? Total? Is this a joke?

It feels like they mashed together every single crafting/questing/gathering system they could and just threw it together in a nice looking world. The story seems like garbage too.

What the fuck is all the hype about? I've lost interest in two days.
You are missing out on the troll fest.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

vGrade

Potato del Grande
What am i missing here? This is the least enjoyable MMO i've played right off the hop...
You must have not played Rift or Aion at release when everyone swore they were going to be the first WoW killers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Turn on PVP. Kill people. Taunt them in voice. What is there not to like? PVP is better than all current MMOs save shit like BDO which has it's own slew of garbage to deal with.

pewpew.png

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
What am i missing here? This is the least enjoyable MMO i've played right off the hop... i think ever? There's nothing at all that is hooking me or leaving me wanting to sit through the queue to get in.

It feels like they mashed together every single crafting/questing/gathering system they could and just threw it together in a nice looking world. The story seems like garbage too.

You have 6 combat skills because you equip 2 different weapons and there are many different possible combinations for each setup. There are also clickable active items eventually so you actually have quite a bit going on considering you have to actively aim, dodge and block etc. IMO It's MUCH better than the standard 40 different active abilities. It's basically a more modern DAoC with the best graphics any MMO has had to date. It needs some polish but this is definitely a solid MMO.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So I got fucked hard by a glitch that deleted my entire storage shed in Light's Rest. A storage chest full of t4 mats like starmetal ingots, the primal elemental thingies, all my rare gems and a bunch more. Basically if you decided to put the best of your crafting progress in one shed and you filled it till it was at capacity, almost entirely of refined stuff, not raw stuff, that's what my shed looked like. So I'd been there for a while refining everything down because the town has high level refining stations. I was on my very last batch of stuff, crafting 50 primal elemental thingies at a time when suddenly it would stall out. I tried a few times, tried backing off the station, nothing would work.

I wrote it off as a random bug like all the others, and since I was mostly done anyways, went to my shed to grab a couple things before teleporting out. But wait, my shed is totally empty. I check my Everfall shed from the ui there in First Light, and it's fine, all my stuff is there. It's only first light.

So I decide to toss a few pieces of scrap into the shed, with the idea that it might force a refresh. The scraps appear in the shed right away, which scares me so I log out. I get several errors trying to log back in (there was no queue at 5am). But finally it works after a few tries.

Except now the only thing in my shed is the scraps I just put there.

Waited 45 mins for AGS support chat, of course they don't have the power to do anything whatsoever. In fact he seemed baffled by the idea of an MMORPG having a system in place to deal with situations like this, where players lose their items due to a bug, and the items replaced.

Whelp he took all my details down and said he'd get in contact with the devs. But I honestly doubt they have a proper save of my shed or will do anything, let alone how long it might take. It has completely stopped my crafting progress in my tracks, and all the grinding/rushing I did to be ahead will amount to nothing as a result. It fucking blows.

On another bitchy note, I'm now on my 8th epic drop that is as opposite of my specs as possible. Also, any beta experts know if the random necklaces that can drop pre installed with a taunt gem actually work? You can't normally insert a 200% taunt gem in an amulet, so it is drop only. But does it actually work, and if so, is it like Hatred ( general agro) or does it trigger taunt on all compatible abilities?

Last edited:
  • 2Rustled
  • 1WTF
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I tweeted at them and some woman with the twitter tag of "aspiring video editor and game designer" and "lover of doctor who" responded with : "Do you have proof of having the items?"

What, like, you mean the database on Amazon's server that stores all of my items??? Fucking hell, and I've seen this attitude elsewhere in the industry in the last few years. As if players are supposed to just accept that a game will have debilitating bugs that fuck you over and delete all your progress at any minute, so you better prepare yourself!

Soon we'll have Jewish Insurance guilds in every MMO. Want to protect yourself against randomly losing all your progress with no way to know when or how or if it will happen? It COULD happen to you! Pay us 100 gold a week and we will insure you for up to 10,000 gold losses!

We're doomed boys. The age of man is over, the age of the Kotaku has begun.

/meme

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wow, you're not screenshotting your city storage every hour? You get what you deserve!

That's a pretty pathetic response. "Proof?"

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is lumi on meds or acct hacked? Sounding suspiciously sane in this thread.

I’ve joined the masses macroing to stay online. Hopefully this won’t be an issue for much longer
Lumi is very normal in games. It's almost like his persona here is entirely an act!

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Wow, you're not screenshotting your city storage every hour? You get what you deserve!

That's a pretty pathetic response. "Proof?"

I just hope she doesn't actually work for AGS. I assume she doesn't because of her bio tag, but jesus.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>

You have to remember that this game started life as just another shitty Rust clone survival game. When they said they were releasing a pee vee pee mmo, people laughed at them and they decided to add all the pve shit into the game. The game has been delayed time and time again and they've reworked / rethought entire systems, so the game is like 3 or 4 different games all layered on top of one another into what you see.

This is why it's important to play the game the first month and extract all the fun out of it you can from the mmo rush phase, because this thread will be below the TLP threads in a couple months (weeks?).

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
You have to remember that this game started life as just another shitty Rust clone survival game. When they said they were releasing a pee vee pee mmo, people laughed at them and they decided to add all the pve shit into the game. The game has been delayed time and time again and they've reworked / rethought entire systems, so the game is like 3 or 4 different games all layered on top of one another into what you see.

This is why it's important to play the game the first month and extract all the fun out of it you can from the mmo rush phase, because this thread will be below the TLP threads in a couple months (weeks?).

Cyni Cyni I was really sceptical of 3 combat skills per bar too. ESO has 5 each bar and I found that low when I played ESO.

However, because of the way movement plays a massive role in combat in New World, you don't ever really think you have too few abilities, quite the opposite. Also light and heavy attacks play major roles as well.

The Dark Souls comparison is cringe but it has a lot of truth to it. Imagine if you had 12 abilities in Dark Souls. You'd never be able to use them all and it would just be extra stuff for the sake of extra stuff.

The combat is super fun because in most MMOs, if you were to stick a 5 year old on a level'd/geared characater and told them to kill something, they could probably do it pretty easily just mashing buttons. In New World they'd almost certainly die.

And then you can set an average New World player up against a specific mob and watch them struggle and almost die. Then do it with a good player and watch them lose almost no health, or none at all if they really want to be slow.

TLDR: Abilities mean so much less than you think they do that often many people don't even have a full 3 abilities on each weapon until level 40++ because they choose passives instead, and yet combat is still way more skillful and FUN than any other MMO and the skill gap between average and excellent is the size of The Grand Canyon.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
I respectively disagree. A casual has the 1-60 process, max lvl legendary weapons to craft, main story to max, end game dungeon, end game zone, housing, and corruption invasion content. Is it enough for poopsockers that started on day 1? well fuck no but games aren't designed for that. As long as they can get a beefy content drop for late November or early Dec. the game will continue to cruise along.

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
According to the Steam achievement, only 1.6% of people have hit level 30. Seems like way more than that to me.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
According to the Steam achievement, only 1.6% of people have hit level 30. Seems like way more than that to me.
We’ll figure there was 600k concurrent users online yesterday. On a very low end estimate probably double that in sales and likely much much more than that.
Just 1% of 1.2 million players is still like 12k people.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Theres very little reason to be pushing for levels.

Tradeskills are the game and end game. All the BIS gear is crafted and you've basically handicapped yourself if you didn't do any of it pushing to max level.

You're going to get destroyed if you sit on your throne at 60 with faction gear. Plus theres the issue of levels affecting town boards and other such nuances that are going to make it even worse for you.

I am not surprised the meta gamers are doing mining/logging/weaving loops for the past week instead of questing and grinding weapon skills.

Cybsled

Click on "view all achievements" for the game. If you're just looking at your games library page, it displays inaccurate values. Like for instance on mine, it said only 0.1% people had opened a cache, which I 100% knew was wrong. I opened view all and it was like 60% or whatever. Which still seems low to me considering one of the first noob quests is "open a cache".

Tradeskills are the game and end game. All the BIS gear is crafted and you've basically handicapped yourself if you didn't do any of it pushing to max level.

You're going to get destroyed if you sit on your throne at 60 with faction gear. Plus theres the issue of levels affecting town boards and other such nuances that are going to make it even worse for you.

To a degree. I do think there is value in at least getting to level 30 as a priority - opening up the 2nd bag slot, making sure you have your Azoth slot, and opening up 2nd tier faction are important. More bags = more shit you can carry before you have to go back to town. Especially if your bag has bonus weight reduction perks for gathered goods. Plus bag crafting is locked behind faction level (next tier bag is T3 faction)

Plus some shit is just easier to gather if you have some levels under your belt - especially the shit inside caves because caves are almost always packed with enemies.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Country sucks man - going to shit. Panzy ass mother fucking liberal therapy dog fuckers took over to the point we cannot even troll shit and honestly, I thought I would be banned for the white man Jew comment as I said in global when I said I was making sure we had enough rocks.(We all come from the same damn cell mother fuckers) I was banned for a south park quote to some asshole snowflake who literally gloated saying enjoy your ban GG. Like, these pussies are proud of it.

One day, and I am a fun loving guy just having fun, will watch millions of republicans and democrats that knew this went way too far, wake the fuck up, and the honest to God war will last about 45 seconds. These purple haired mother fuckers couldn't last two minutes against people that know better.

I do not get pissed this much - but my wife just got forced to take her vaccine so she could work. She was crying and holy shit did that piss me the fuck off. Ever see your wife cry? She was crying about freedom and we already had covid and had Antibodies and she is in health care and talked to MULTIPLE doctors who said don't take it. Why? MEDICARE PAYMENTS - FUCKING MONEY MAN. Oh hey, keep smoking those fucking cigs though we can tax that right? You think the government gives two shits about anything or you?

We are getting pretty close to see the blow back on this - and I will follow in arms. Never wanted to have this happen in my lifetime. Skate by it - die off, and back to God I went and let others figure out common fucking sense. But I am not even fucking close to dead - so who the hell is going to just wipe this out. Because it is infecting the world at this point.

I would love to transplant all these mother fuckers back to 50k years ago, watch them die off as they are looking for a therapy flower. I thought the game industry market conditioning was bad. This shit is penetrating schools.

Shit man, had a sick dog and they said they were backed up with death warrants for these liberal assholes that got their dog to get them through Covid and don't want them anymore???? You fucking kidding me? Shit slides crazy ass now. Bailey had a doggie cold and she is fine now, but holy shit, I have had 3 dogs in my life and each one is a savior of unconditional love and these mother fuckers show up and just treat them like an aborted free will choice fetus? FUCK OFF YOU VIRTUE SIAGNALING MOTHER FUCKING HYPOCRITICAL ASSHOLES.

Anyway - here is the tally:

1) I have a streamer who chatted in global chat that I am Stephon Diggs and I should be set free. He also played about 13 love songs for me on demand for $200. Don''t care about the cash, good investment.

2) Someone out there thinks I'm a lonely Jew - survivor of the holocaust, and I had them break rocks so I could finish a quest because it brought back memories of my grandmother.

3) Everyone now thinks Green faction folks play for the Detroit Lions.

4) Amazon Prime membership trolling got old fast for me - but I still got tells asking how to entitle them to "Skip the queue"

I'll be back for howveer long until these pussies report it and AWS fucks me over again. I have phone calls. Thing is once you get banned, you get kicked, make a phone call, and next thing you know you may as well not play because of these queues.

Here is the good thing. It's static bitches. I will take my troll expertise to a whole new level now. In the end, this game dies in a fucking month. I'll make that month the most hilarious shit you have ever seen as we, normal people, die on the vine for above.

I think I love you but in a no-homo man-on-man way.

• 2Solidarity

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

I am not surprised the meta gamers are doing mining/logging/weaving loops for the past week instead of questing and grinding weapon skills.
It always baffles me how so ubiquitous the faction gear is. I only played open beta but I remember seeing videos of people all in faction color and now I've experienced it in 3 wars. I think I've used 2 pieces? I had access to level 45 gear at 45 and didnt use any. I don't get how you don't find drops that are better? Is it because everyone is speedrushing so hard they salvage gear without looking at it?

I'm not exceptionally lucky, gear drops like candy, you can find pieces that fit, and in fact are better than the high stat / con of the faction gear.

Dunno about max level tho. I hope you're right that crafting is the best, built so far I haven't been able to get a taste of that cos every piece of equippable craftable gear requires a rare metor from Uranus and now I lost all my shit.