New World

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
How do you get from like 60ish to 100 in gathering skills? Skinning/logging seems easy enough but mining and harvesting have come to a crawl now. I feel like I need a steady supply of gold nodes or something in that tier range, the lower stuff just doesn’t give much xp.

combat is fun in this game. It’s a bit like a budget version of something like bdo, but the flexibility of putting together different weapon swaps is pretty cool. I believe buffs you gain stay on you after a swap yes? Like when I get fortify it stays when I switch weaps?

Cybsled

Lmao it almost melted my CPU during initial startup. 100% utilization across all 16 cores, hit almost 80c. Never even got that hot during cinebench lol.

I wonder if this really only impacts newer PCs. Mine is about 5 years old and it usually stays pretty consistent around 45-50c

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
How do you get from like 60ish to 100 in gathering skills? Skinning/logging seems easy enough but mining and harvesting have come to a crawl now. I feel like I need a steady supply of gold nodes or something in that tier range, the lower stuff just doesn’t give much xp.

combat is fun in this game. It’s a bit like a budget version of something like bdo, but the flexibility of putting together different weapon swaps is pretty cool. I believe buffs you gain stay on you after a swap yes? Like when I get fortify it stays when I switch weaps?
Gathering I just went west of Windsward and ran around those fields gathering hemp. Herbs are also super fast to level on. The starting areas have good loops for herbs and no one grabs em (they give less XP than hemp, but gather super fast).

Mining was harder. But you can do boulders. Your smelting will suffer, but stonecutting will be higher. So I dunno. I haven't felt like it was too bad. I just hit 100 on mining though.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Every single harvest spawn is static. If you find something in a spot, it's always going to spawn there.

• 1Truth!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider

Get good steel tools ASAP with faster gathering perks. I am 100+ in all the things but I stopped target farming because it's just too slow without being able to use starmetal. Each tier of tool like doubles the speed and that doesn't even includes perks. If you think 60-100 is bad enough though just give up now. 100+ is a SLOG.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I wonder if this really only impacts newer PCs. Mine is about 5 years old and it usually stays pretty consistent around 45-50c
Nahh here is mine with game running, ambient temp in room is like 72F

Capture002.PNG
Capture003.PNG

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Lmao it almost melted my CPU during initial startup. 100% utilization across all 16 cores, hit almost 80c. Never even got that hot during cinebench lol.
Probably unpacking/decrypting a lot of data something else similar during initial startup. That doesn't seem unusual to be maxing 100%.

Most people don't understand that newer 8c/16t processors should NOT have all-core turbo enhancement enabled in BIOS unless they have an extremely good thermal solution. This is enabled by default on ASUS boards and a few other manufacturers.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
4k @ max everything w/ full load (150+ people on screen in town). It drops 4-5 degree out of town. 77 degrees in my house. Literally no different from any of the other modern games I play in 4k w/ max settings. CPU load is <25% average. If your shits frying you might want to check under your hood.

youalllikeweiners.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah some of these newer prebuilts have shit for cooling. Luckily mine came with a 280mm AIO, bigger case and plenty of fans to circulate shit. The 3070 hardly ever spins up, playing games the max temp I ever saw was like 65C? The i7 11700KF is a fucking heater though, lol

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Looking forward to mkopec complaining about his fried computer in a week.

• 1Rustled

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
This game will be a cabin in the woods to most MMO'ers. It's quaint and you're enamored with it for a while, but in a few months you'll be ready to go back to sweaty city.

At best it will be a boutique offering for the RvR dick beating PvP crowd, who by the way are super frothy and annoying on my server. That may also be my fault for picking marauders as they appear to be the minority.

If I get the winter out of it though, I'll be very happy.

I will say the big plusses for me are that there are no established metas, no addons, and hell you can't even tell what a persons role (or what they think their role) is most of the time. There are no real gates to anything (aside from maybe level) and for the most part you can pursue what makes you happy.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I was not expecting to like it as much as I am. PVP not forced down my throat while I go gather shit? Fuck yeah! I am still in the n00b area, and most of what I am doing is wandering around and murdering shit while I pick flowers and slaughter rabbits to make food out of.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Vingolf is locked to new characters atm, so I will have to reroll when it opens up, but no sweat.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Ugh. We were about to start an Everfall war and 90% of us got disconnected as Everfall crashed. Got put in an 8 hour queue of 2k people. It's such bullshit that if you get disconnected from THEIR end that you have to start back over.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Am I reading the recipes right? To make starmetal stuff I still need a shit ton of iron, and that repeats for higher tiers as well? That seems a bit stupid to need to keep harvesting the low level stuff to make higher tier things. I was hoping to move on from Iron.

• 1Solidarity