New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, there are dead zones for questing in the late 30's and early 40's. Late 30's is a problem cause you basically have one zone to pick from and cant just swap to another zone. Elite Quests are a pain in the ass for low reward, which bothers me some - but not enough to care. Low 40's, you have two zones to choose from - but there are some areas where the respawns is 15-45 seconds, so you'll get ass raped if your objective takes 10 seconds to click and complete. Then you have named mobs that are really starting to put the Diablo affixes out hard core.

Theres a coffin guy Lasch and I did this morning, where he has a slow aura around him, puts laser beams out that spin around, and he himself is pretty beefy boi that not only has a spin to win mechanic, but his coffin also turns around and life drains you feeding health back into him. He also has two guards, and three other mobs in his little area so kiting is a fk'n pita. I had him almost down solo once before asking for help, then the fucker used a potion and I just said fuck it. Got Lasch to help with him and he somehow bugged it? Or killed it and Lasch is just a bad ass, and I suck idk.

At 45, Im getting the hard realization that I need to start working on alchemy and cooking - cause Hatchet isnt keeping up with the healing output I need in order to keep up with the constant 3-4 mob spawn. My gear is 440ish and thats supposedly pretty damn good for my level.

Afk auto run is getting kicked now. Auto Clicker still works as long as the ability you're using changes your characters position. Berzerk for example constantly kicks you around. I put myself in an empty house instance where no one bothers me, and just leave berzerk going. Really shitty that I have to do that and quite honestly I would love to not just have to deal with that shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honestly, there are dead zones for questing in the late 30's and early 40's. Late 30's is a problem cause you basically have one zone to pick from and cant just swap to another zone. Elite Quests are a pain in the ass for low reward, which bothers me some - but not enough to care. Low 40's, you have two zones to choose from - but there are some areas where the respawns is 15-45 seconds, so you'll get ass raped if your objective takes 10 seconds to click and complete. Then you have named mobs that are really starting to put the Diablo affixes out hard core.

Theres a coffin guy Lasch and I did this morning, where he has a slow aura around him, puts laser beams out that spin around, and he himself is pretty beefy boi that not only has a spin to win mechanic, but his coffin also turns around and life drains you feeding health back into him. He also has two guards, and three other mobs in his little area so kiting is a fk'n pita. I had him almost down solo once before asking for help, then the fucker used a potion and I just said fuck it. Got Lasch to help with him and he somehow bugged it? Or killed it and Lasch is just a bad ass, and I suck idk.

At 45, Im getting the hard realization that I need to start working on alchemy and cooking - cause Hatchet isnt keeping up with the healing output I need in order to keep up with the constant 3-4 mob spawn. My gear is 440ish and thats supposedly pretty damn good for my level.

Afk auto run is getting kicked now. Auto Clicker still works as long as the ability you're using changes your characters position. Berzerk for example constantly kicks you around. I put myself in an empty house instance where no one bothers me, and just leave berzerk going. Really shitty that I have to do that and quite honestly I would love to not just have to deal with that shit.
Yeah im running into that right now. The mission said it was lv42 but mobs were 46 and re spawns were like 1 min. I could not clear them out fast enough to get to the named I had to kill. They really need to adjust that shit to be more less stupid. Lv41 now and struggling. I guess ill go back to Cutlass Keys/weavers and grind some lv35 solo infestations. And do more faction shit there. The lv 45 shit is no joke either. Mobs start to rape your ass. I think this game needs a serous balance pass in the upper levels.

Cybsled

Elite quests in this game are puzzling - they are a magnitude of order harder than regular, but give the same rewards as regular. If you're going to send players to some shitfest, then at least give them motivation to put together a team to clear it out

I also dislike how dungeon keys are limited and the high investment cost to make more

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Oh and I forgot to add, you can get raw hide from killing Sheep, goats etc. in high level areas for Raw Hide.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also fuck those quests that send you into hunt some animals that you hit once and they run. Thank God I have my throwing axe, I dont know how some of those are even worth it if your complete melee.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Also fuck those quests that send you into hunt some animals that you hit once and they run. Thank God I have my throwing axe, I dont know how some of those are even worth it if your complete melee.
Cull 5 elk.

........................................................................FUCK YOU FUCKING ELK RUNNING THE ENTIRE ZONE AWAY!

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Queue World has surpass my expectation so far. It is an upgraded version of ESO imo (I bet they hire some ex-ESO dev). Anyway, 7 years after ESO, this is what we have:

• Combat system is identical but in NW its much more fluid and the animation is 10x better. I remember how awful the combat feels in ESO.
• Gathering/crafting system is more refined. Resource node are more interesting, and damn some of those are pretty
• One gigantic zoneless world (and without the copy-paste annoying mini-dungeon in ESO). Always enjoy Corruption portal, just like ESO (Dark Anchor), RIFT (rift), Warhammer Online (publc quest)
• And the graphic?! its a much newer MMO, but still Oh my god! It is even better looking than many single player game.

Obviously the game is still missing end-game contents.

• In PvP, terriroty control concept is good, but WAR limiting to 50v50 won't cut it, it means most of the player base (whos spending money on the cosmetic) won't get to experienced it. Also, 3 factions without open-world AvA/RvR/WvW (whatever you want to call it) is kinda a waste, both ESO and GW2 has designated zone for its AvA/WvW.
• In PvE, where is raidng? We all know 5 man circle jerking instances could only keep people busy for so long.

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (17).png

Screenshot (23).png

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
One thing im loving about it is the loot system, coupled with actual named mobs with rare static drops of blues and sometimes purples coupled with normal RNG loot. Here is a couple I found off of nameds that dropped more than one for me after farming for a while... The bitch that dropped the below earing dropped a baller blue fire staff too. But deleted it since im a man not a mage.

Capture005.PNG
Capture006.PNG

Capture007.PNG

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the classless system is actually...great. I expected to go hammer/axe with some minor sword and board along with life staff as my ranged and off heal but found that I really enjoyed spear way more this time, so just switched over to Dex and went Dex/Con/Focus rather than Str/Con/Focus and used armor to bring my strength along. I have been also getting points in the other weapons as I go so at 24/25 I have 11/12 in spear, 7 in Sword and shield, and 9 in life staff and 4/5 in almost everything else, not including ranged weapons. If I want to go switch over to Fire staff/Ice gauntlet/Rapier, though, that is a respec and just a bit of grinding away.

How impactful is the armor change? I was all heavy in the beta but now am mixing med with smaller heavy pieces, terrible for looks but I am not tanking anywhere. How important will be later on?

Daidraco

Of course you can, but it is in miniscule amounts.
I needed raw hide in Mourningdale and saw a TB for 20 sheep. Killed the 20 sheep and had ~380 raw hide. Just southeast of mourningdale's settlement is tons of sheep, too. So it was probably a 10 minute excursion altogether. Some territories are just miserable though. Mourningdale is pretty damn good and has just about all tiers to gather within 5 minutes of town. Going to be a sad puppy when the average persons level is in the late 40's running around in there.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
You can sneak up behind running animals and usually 1 shot them before they can run away pretty easily.

Btw I don't think the higher level stuff needs a balance pass, the game should be difficult. The only thing that needs adjusting is the respawn time because it's actually really dumb. Respawn times need to be at minimum doubled and more like tripled.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Yeah, running the 2nd dungeon, I realized I need all those mana potions I've been neglecting (playing as healer). I'm actually caught up on all my tradeskills where I can make stuff well above my level though.

Cybsled

Btw I don't think the higher level stuff needs a balance pass, the game should be difficult. The only thing that needs adjusting is the respawn time because it's actually really dumb. Respawn times need to be at minimum doubled and more like tripled.

I suspect the respawns are tied to server/zone population. You need fast respawns if you have a fuckton of people in the game or area, otherwise you get some bullshit like Overseer Zane where he spawns like once every 15 minutes and you have people just insta-gibbing him the second he spawns to get credit and everyone who doesnt get the tag just gets pissed at your game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
15 min is one thing, but having trash mobs respawn every minute is a bit fucked, bro. I understand the problem, we all do. And in noob areas and 1-25 thats fine since most people are confined there. But when you get to the 40+ zones and you cant clear fast enough because respawns behind you spawn back in a minute well there is a problem. Dont worry you will get there and think the same thing. And no they are not tied into the area of mass population because the 40+ areas are barren still.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Even the doing the COV Templar quest in Brightwood, which is still almost completely dead, I kill in the inquisitor, heal myself, and before I can get to his chest to loot it, in less 30 sec total after clearing everyone, the entire area has respawned. I basically have to do the whole quest again to get the chest and then run for my life. The same thing on another quest in BW. The whole world is on a stupid timer based, it seems, on the population of the 4 starter zones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user