New World

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Cull 5 elk.

........................................................................FUCK YOU FUCKING ELK RUNNING THE ENTIRE ZONE AWAY!
I wake up early in the morning, turn my UI off, take my bow out and go hunting & skinning and gathering. nothing like chasing a stag through the morning mist

-some of the respawns are still buggy
-some of the map locations for quests are 100% not accurate/buggy, me and my friend had multiple quests and the icon showed in two different places on each of our maps
-late 20s/early 30s when you are finishing up windsward/wherever equivalent and you get brightwood & cutless keys there are lots and lots of quests to be had and thats also about the time you are hitting the next tier of most tradeskills. XP is flowing

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Yep fast respawning is annoying as fuck. Ideally it should scale with player count in the area.
I was in a 40 zone yesterday doing a kill boss type quest, he was at the end of a pier and it eas a perfect illustration of how fucked the spawn rate is. Finely tuned I should be able to clear the pier and boss and then leave without fighting anything on exit. With the current rate the fucking trash mobs I just killed standing beside the boss are respawning while I’m fighting the boss.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wonder if they have the ability to tweak dynamic spawns based on area player density

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yep fast respawning is annoying as fuck. Ideally it should scale with player count in the area.
I was in a 40 zone yesterday doing a kill boss type quest, he was at the end of a pier and it eas a perfect illustration of how fucked the spawn rate is. Finely tuned I should be able to clear the pier and boss and then leave without fighting anything on exit. With the current rate the fucking trash mobs I just killed standing beside the boss are respawning while I’m fighting the boss.
Some of those mobs are annoying as fuck too , like the bitches that toss those grenades at you. The quest I was doing had like 4-5 of those bitches in one area. You basically get stun locked over and over until you manage to kill them only to have them respawn a minute later, along with the other mobs there.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I get out of jail on Wednesday now :p

At least I was banned on real reasons - I feel bad for everyone being banned because of an automated system or if someone drops a swear word.

• 1Fal'len
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I personally enjoy the inherent danger of fighting fast respawn mobs at appropriate level range but it could be indeed be toned down a bit. I also wouldn't mind something notifying you if it's a "group" elite (doable by 2-3 competent players) or 3 person (1 competent player) needed.

That elite bear grin/gren or whatever its name is for example if anyone has run across that yet. I started fighting it solo when I was one level below it and after it whomped me for half my health in one hit I decide to kite it around w/ bow. I would have run out of 1k arrows before getting it to half health if other people didn't show up to damage it. It's basically a baby raid boss. Other random elites in same level range I just steamroll.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, some pro tips.

Crafting can very much help with leveling. Those that have problems with Azoth....purchase the resource gathering tools that have Azoth as a bonus.

The town missions can be done in multiple towns..... at the same time. I love the armor/weapon ones. You can actually craft them in any town. This helps for when you only have one main bank. The missions add up when you hit 4 towns.

Honestly the only problem I have with crafting is with resource conversion. I always run out of the sandpaper, Flux, Etc..... I wish there was an easy way to farm that like resources.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
So, some pro tips.

Crafting can very much help with leveling. Those that have problems with Azoth....purchase the resource gathering tools that have Azoth as a bonus.

The town missions can be done in multiple towns..... at the same time. I love the armor/weapon ones. You can actually craft them in any town. This helps for when you only have one main bank. The missions add up when you hit 4 towns.

Honestly the only problem I have with crafting is with resource conversion. I always run out of the sandpaper, Flux, Etc..... I wish there was an easy way to farm that like resources.
farm faction rep and buy the converters from the faction quartermaster person

the supplies chest are always in the little towns/villages with the lost where they send you for quests. not as many as i'd like for sure. maybe add to the dungeons?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Hey Utnayan Utnayan , I got a little rum'd up on Saturday night and went HARD about soyboys and commies in /global chat for like an hour. Not a single warning. Did you murder a tranny on voice chat or something?

Most of this revolved around fucking incels, by the way. There was some crazy asshole that self described as a "Dreamcel" and a few other incels jumped into the fray when he started talking. It was about an hours worth of 50 people calling 3 people a bunch of ugly, angsty little gutter rats.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Also participated in PVP for the first time, since the dirty greens were trying to take Everfall. I smashed the living shit out of every lone wolf that was around my level with my big dick energy hammer, but there's no getting away from the zerg with their fucking ice gauntlets when you're outnumbered.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Hey Utnayan Utnayan , I got a little rum'd up on Saturday night and went HARD about soyboys and commies in /global chat for like an hour. Not a single warning. Did you murder a tranny on voice chat or something?

Actually it was one person I think on there that did the autoban thing due to the South Park Chef Song I put into words when chef sang to Kathy Lee Gifford and directed it at some idiot named Destiny something. Turns out as reading above, all you have to do is mass report 11-15 times and the system auto bans. 1st one lifted immediately (was 24 hours - turned out to be about 30 minutes) - saw the queue, noped out. Tried Sunday and now it is Abusive Behavior) and was a 3 day ban until Wednesday.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
It appears FOH are the people that FOH people complain about

1633358406856.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So, some pro tips.

Just buy them. I keep buy orders up in the 5k+ count for coarse sandpaper almost 24/7 amongst a bunch of other shit. People finally catching on but I got so many things for like 1/10 the normal selling price. Even paying a bit more now I scalp anywhere between 2-10g per item just from buying on trade -> refining -> selling back on trade. It's pretty much my go to money maker now. Pulled in almost 70kg this week.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So, some pro tips.

I don't understand people that say this. I've kept my crafting skills up, and I have unlimited reagants for refining. I have so many I can't store them in my main 2 banks and have started offloading them everywhere. Do you people not loot every supply stash you see? I do and I have so many I've begun selling them simply because my sheds don't have enough weight. I don't know what easier method you want to farm them when there are a dozen spots in every zone with 1 hour respawn supply stashes that drop 20 each.

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Even the doing the COV Templar quest in Brightwood, which is still almost completely dead, I kill in the inquisitor, heal myself, and before I can get to his chest to loot it, in less 30 sec total after clearing everyone, the entire area has respawned. I basically have to do the whole quest again to get the chest and then run for my life. The same thing on another quest in BW. The whole world is on a stupid timer based, it seems, on the population of the 4 starter zones.
Yeah that place is a bitch, there's a few like that. It makes 0 sense why some named quest mobs have a 10 min respawn and others 10 seconds.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Posting because this helped me. I prefer old school chat interfaces, and using the below I don't have to mess around with clicking chat channels.

/a is area (say)
/g is global (world chat)
/w is whisper (tells)
/p is party
/f is faction chat
/c is company (guild chat)
/o is officer chat (officer rank in guild/company)
/help is for help chat

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Posting because this helped me. I prefer old school chat interfaces, and using the below I don't have to mess around with clicking chat channels.

/a is area (say)
/g is global (world chat)
/w is whisper (tells)
/p is party
/f is faction chat
/c is company (guild chat)
/o is officer chat (officer rank in guild/company)
/help is for help chat

People here are all MMO newbies and never experienced how to use channels. You see they didn't exist in Everquest, or even WoW. Do you have any other game advice, could you give us the rundown on how WASD works? Or maybe go real advanced and tell us how keyboards work.

• 4Worf
  • 2Pathetic
Reactions: 5 users