New World

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont hink it will ever not be the central hub bcause of location (central less azoth to travel around) plus most of the servers probabaly have all the workbenches at T5 or at least T4.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I just realized how chaotic and controversial server merges are going to be, with half of the people losing their cities and getting a pittance of compensation.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just want to point out how god awful this sword is just because of the durability. Someone said the sword Legendary Quest was fixed, so its about gd time I do that. For reference, the average durability of swords Ive seen is three THOUSAND. God awful that you cant see durability amounts on the auction house.

GodAwful.jpg

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
At what point does Everfall/WW drop off as central hubs though and moves to the top ones or do you think Everfall will never lose it's standing as the center of the world?

I dont hink it will ever not be the central hub bcause of location (central less azoth to travel around) plus most of the servers probabaly have all the workbenches at T5 or at least T4.
Some people think Brightwood will become more popular when the map opens up a ton to the North West for the Dune release

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think Everfall stays top only because it's got so much iron close by.

Anywhere else is also going to be fighting inertia with housing established, trading post centralization, and workbenches upgraded (oh, and don't forget rep! Gonna need it for all the storage and tax reduction).

And like mkopec mkopec said, centralization for travel. Although, with the new portals opened, I capped my azoth in under an hour again (and I used the last of it to teleport to Ebonscale for the portals).

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do we know if the Sand Dunes will be a claimable territory or not? I would imagine if it takes a month or two more for that zone to come out and its claimable, the masses will all gravitate there.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just want to point out how god awful this sword is just because of the durability. Someone said the sword Legendary Quest was fixed, so its about gd time I do that. For reference, the average durability of swords Ive seen is three THOUSAND. God awful that you cant see durability amounts on the auction house.

View attachment 378100
This is prolly bugged or just a mistake.

On a similar subject running elites last night we had like 30 min left before downtime so we decide to do one last place. Anyway were fighting and I notice taunt is fucked, everybody pulling aggro. Not paiyng it any mind (we had like 15 people so shit gets hectic) we continue and same, every boss is just ping ponnging off one dude to the next. So were all done and I check my inv for the good good drops and there it is, im using a broken ass sword for better part of a hour or so, lol.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Weird, because I went to Ebonscale for portals because Myrk just didn't have any. There are way too many level 60s now and the portals are all going to be closed almost immediately.

They really have no idea what's going on with their game.

Cybsled

Vampire talking about a lack of blood, but they aren’t wrong. The general player base is fucking stupid though.

“hur dur make money selling stuff on market board”

You smooth brained fucks, do you understand market is transfer of wealth, not creation? I want to delete their fucking forum accounts every time I read that shit on Reddit or the NW forums

also the classic “hur dur mobs drop 8 gold sometimes”. Yup they do, and what is your net after all expenditures? If I sustained 200g in gear damage in the time it took me to farm 250g, you aren’t making 250g you are making 50g

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Vampire talking about a lack of blood, but they aren’t wrong. The general player base is fucking stupid though.

You smooth brained fucks, do you understand market is transfer of wealth, not creation? I want to delete their fucking forum accounts every time I read that shit on Reddit or the NW forums

also the classic “hur dur mobs drop 8 gold sometimes”. Yup they do, and what is your net after all expenditures? If I sustained 200g in gear damage in the time it took me to farm 250g, you aren’t making 250g you are making 50g

For no reason at all, I read through a 300 post thread on their forums about this. It felt like a comedy, people just couldn't understand why we were complaining, when they made thousands selling bags. Some of them had to be trolling, hard to tell.

Cybsled

Most threads involve people complaining about sinks, so you always get the fucking market barons going “I got rich selling shit, imagine complaining about gold sinks” with no understanding of where gold comes from.

Invasions net people gold for a loss, but the destroyed town infrastructure for failure costs more in some cases than what all 50 defenders earned net (after repairs) combined.

Too many people have no macroeconomic view.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

I can't remember if I posted about it earlier, but as someone who went to business school, the deflationary cycle this game is going through is fascinating. Not the least because I can see my own psychological stance change in real time.

It's pretty rare to see deflation in an actual real world example.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

It is interesting academically- I can’t recall a mmo with rampant deflation. It’s easy to tell many people don’t understand it. Like the posts blaming gathering or crafting being available to all as the cause, or loot drop numbers. That has very little to do with it. Goods only have a worth that the market is willing to pay for them. If the market perceives their currency is worth more than the asking price of the goods, then the goods have to decrease in price. It isn’t so much an oversupply issue, but a lack of willingness to part with money to purchase that supply

The root problem I suspect is they nerfed mechanics that created gold (townboards) and never adjusted the costs on all the sinks in the game. In theory it should be an easy issue to fix if they don’t sit on their hands too long.

Xevy

Log Wizard
And everyone wondered why you could make repair kits and who would use them.

WE KNOW, NOW!

Cybsled

Repair kits are useless unless you’re the one making them, which you only can if you have high crafting skill (which most don’t)

The prices people are charging for them is equal to or exceeds the raw repair cost of the item, which negates the use of them. Plus you have to sacrifice crafting mods to make them and use a shitload of salvage mats - most are useless, but it’s another requirement needed. And a full set of high tier will require more repair materials to make kits than you can have at any given time

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user