New World

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I've been selling the t3 ones easy enough. I just use shitty sub 1g crafting components off the market board and burn off repair parts that would cap anyway. The trick is just to price them under 50g/whatever the full repair price is. They DO have the problem that FF14 fixed, which is that you want to wait until the item is broken to get the full value. FF14 fixes this by just giving +100% durability and allowing any extra to go into overage on the item.

Granted, I am doing this mainly out of a weird desire to not cap repair parts and because I can't make the t4+ repair kits yet for myself.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's a weird issue. I saw someone in chat say they didn't give a shit about gear until they hit 60. I didn't wanna tell him that at 60 it doesn't matter either.

I'd say even once you hit the point of 600 gear score dropping, it won't either. The grind never ends until you find the perfect gear (or give up). I doubt anyone wastes much time on repair kits, gems, or dyes until they feel like they've got something worth keeping.

I saw some dude in full end game faction armor (520?) and I was just thinking what a waste of tokens and gold. And time. The gear is decent, but it'll get outclassed in a hurry.

But then, maybe this is all a symptom of the deflation and no one wants to waste any resources because the cost of doing so will be extreme.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Top end PVP weapons have very, very good perks. The gear has okay perks but if resilience really does reduce all damage (it probably doesn't, btw) then it's good. Reducing crit damage is decent but only for PVP as mobs cannot crit. On some servers it's not too hard farm PVP quests in shattered or restless or something and get the rep pretty quick. They do cost a bit of gold, but a one-time investment for gear you can then fix the stats of (once) isn't too bad. I do the heavy/medium/light mix n match for highest phys mit while staying medium and I can do that easily with PVP gear and the Seals you buy.

The repair kits are trivial if you've got the crafting. Throwing away shit craft mods is a pleasure not a chore. 300 repair parts and 3 shit mods (Sigils from corrupted are good) is very easy to do and if you had legendary items you're looking at saving something like 50-100gold PER fully broken item. At that point it's actually worth it, but until then probably not.

300 parts is something like 15-30 salvaged items per kit and I think most people at 60 are repair part capped. It's not something you'd necessarily want to use as a business or anything, but if your crafting passed 165 it's literally saving you money.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It's so fucking pathetic that portals lasted a whole 2 hours before they were disabled again. The only real good portals are the big ones, and those don't give chests anymore. Don't even know wtf they were talking about. Opened a dozen greater portal chests before they did it and didn't notice anything crazy. Now we're back to not being able to get materials we need, lmao.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's so fucking pathetic that portals lasted a whole 2 hours before they were disabled again. The only real good portals are the big ones, and those don't give chests anymore. Don't even know wtf they were talking about. Opened a dozen greater portal chests before they did it and didn't notice anything crazy. Now we're back to not being able to get materials we need, lmao.
I did them for a few hours today and I didnt get a single upgrade out of probably 70 minor and major chests. Raised my water mark a few points, but didnt find a single piece itemized for tanking. What I did see was that the in-take of gold was pretty good. Raising water mark, filling your azoth and making 600-800 gold in an hour is time well spent. Speaking of, I think they raised gold drops from mobs, or the frequency of it dropping from mobs. I dont know how much I made from mobs in total today versus what I sold on the market, but I started today at 3100 and logged off just now at 6400. But I do know I didnt have 3000 worth of stuff on the market.

Also, whoever said that the Sword/Shield and Hammer legendaries were fixed is flat out wrong. I never started it cause I found out it was bugged first. Then after I heard it was fixed, I did it all tonight and the boss at the last step still endlessly resets still. Wasted hours on that shit. If the S/S is still bugged, Im not even going to try to finish up the Hammer. Such horse shit.

It's a weird issue. I saw someone in chat say they didn't give a shit about gear until they hit 60. I didn't wanna tell him that at 60 it doesn't matter either.

I'd say even once you hit the point of 600 gear score dropping, it won't either. The grind never ends until you find the perfect gear (or give up). I doubt anyone wastes much time on repair kits, gems, or dyes until they feel like they've got something worth keeping.

I saw some dude in full end game faction armor (520?) and I was just thinking what a waste of tokens and gold. And time. The gear is decent, but it'll get outclassed in a hurry.

But then, maybe this is all a symptom of the deflation and no one wants to waste any resources because the cost of doing so will be extreme.
Im seeing more and more 600 legendary artifacts on the market board - if people arent making them already, they will be soon. The hard part being that big ass grind for Armoring Weapon making and Jewelry making.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm too lazy to look, but someone mentioned they had a highish jewelry skill, what'd you do?

There was an infographic that said do normal gem amulets from 50-100, brilliant amulets from 100-150, and pure amulets from 150-200.

But I keep looking at the experience amount on the normal ones and I feel like brilliant is just a waste of resources. I'm at 125 right now. The only advantage of brilliant is that you can scrap the pieces for normal gems. But you have to blow through motes and whatever the next tier up is called and it just seems like a massive waste.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I'm at 190. I did a google sheet and plugged in the prices I can find on my server.

I look for silver settings & pieces (neck or band) at or below .20

Grinding T2 gems is actually gold efficient (it just takes forever) as long as you can get them CUT below 3.0. I look for T3 at or below 10 and T4 at or below 20. All cut.

I've also been crafting everything I can cut on my own with resources I've gathered & had a small bit of donations from guildies to help along the way (roughly 5-7 skill levels).

edit: btw, that graphic is retarded from what I've seen with prices. Obviously it would be the fastest to do it that way if you have unlimited cash but its extremely inefficient gold wise based on the price trends I'm seeing.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Whoever mentioned buying the special components to raise armor/weapon skills with dungeon items, how did you do it? The marketplace is stupid and won't let you search stuff like the Jade Collar to make the Dynasty shipyard armor, etc. So dumb.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Whoever mentioned buying the special components to raise armor/weapon skills with dungeon items, how did you do it? The marketplace is stupid and won't let you search stuff like the Jade Collar to make the Dynasty shipyard armor, etc. So dumb.
It's incredibly convuluted. You need the item yourself. Then you make a sell order. That will show you the other ones up for sale (your local region only). Then you have to look at the price and literally MANUALLY scroll through the item pages looking for the exact gold amount. Then you can buy them and set up buy orders for them. Same goes for a lot of other very good crafting mods.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

I'm too lazy to look, but someone mentioned they had a highish jewelry skill, what'd you do?

There was an infographic that said do normal gem amulets from 50-100, brilliant amulets from 100-150, and pure amulets from 150-200.

But I keep looking at the experience amount on the normal ones and I feel like brilliant is just a waste of resources. I'm at 125 right now. The only advantage of brilliant is that you can scrap the pieces for normal gems. But you have to blow through motes and whatever the next tier up is called and it just seems like a massive waste.
Just examine this.. well, spread sheet and figure out what works best for you.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
It's incredibly convuluted. You need the item yourself. Then you make a sell order. That will show you the other ones up for sale (your local region only). Then you have to look at the price and literally MANUALLY scroll through the item pages looking for the exact gold amount. Then you can buy them and set up buy orders for them. Same goes for a lot of other very good crafting mods.
But how do you even make a sale order? It doesn't show up when I try to sell. I looked in the resource tab all over and can't find any of that stuff. No Coagulated Blood, no Sparkling Bone Dust, no Jade Collar, etc. It sucks cos a few hundred Jade Collars would blast me to 150. I'm sick of making Silk Gloves.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You have to have one to make a sale order by going down your inventory list and finding it. Then you can see how many are up for sale currently and make a buy order as well.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There are no alts and most will be hitting 60 sooner rather than later.

Then what?

Unless there is some secret end game content I’m too lazy to figure out on my own I suspect people will start checking out in mass once they hit 60.

Kind of feels like I’m playing Valheim again. Basically another short but fun ride.

Xevy

Log Wizard
There are no alts and most will be hitting 60 sooner rather than later.

Then what?

Unless there is some secret end game content I’m too lazy to figure out on my own I suspect people will start checking out in mass once they hit 60.

Kind of feels like I’m playing Valheim again. Basically another short but fun ride.
The entire game starts at 60.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The entire game starts at 60.
831444C0-B09E-40D0-AA48-D9EFD8C1153F.gif

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You have to have one to make a sale order by going down your inventory list and finding it. Then you can see how many are up for sale currently and make a buy order as well.
That auction house is hot garbage.

I'm fairly certain they just grabbed some miserable cunt from the depths of dead projects and told him to design a digital auction house. Poor sack probably had no idea what it was even for.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
That auction house is hot garbage.

I'm fairly certain they just grabbed some miserable cunt from the depths of dead projects and told him to design a digital auction house. Poor sack probably had no idea what it was even for.
Ya and the fact that they don't even have an option to search by specific stats is fucking mind blowing. Literally the most blatantly obvious inclusion and it's not even in game. HOW?????

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Threat gen
ef52cwcscru71.png
I generally dont have any problems with aggro unless Im not the one initiating. But I dont care cause a quick Hammer AoE and then S/S Defensive Stance afterwards pops me up on the list. The part thats f'king annoying is when I'm chopping wood or some shit and then some noob shoots a wolf behind me and the fucking wolf attacks ME? Like what retarded ass shit is that? lol

Its true, god is it true. I feel like Ive made very little progress with items. My water mark score still hasnt caught up to my bought item level but its getting there. 531 versus 540. Still havent done Genesis or Lazarus yet. People just dont do the fucking dungeons I guess? Ive done one Arena and I feel like people just dont do those, either. I made my first Genesis key yesterday though, and its not as grindy as I thought it would be. Done only a handful of the elite zones, but the same ones multiple times. People dont like to do the reekwater elite zones for w/e reason, probably just the Azoth cost to get down there. If you're crafting there is just a fuck ton to do for that and Im seeing people that hate crafting starting to grind that shit out. I guess they've realized that grinding water mark is a huge hurdle. Ive barely messed with any PVP stuff, much less invasions. Theres a ton to learn there, but Im just not much of a PVP'er. I still see new mobs all the time, like why the fuck did you design them for just one spot? There are TONS of side quests everywhere and I had a level 60 one pop up Windsward yesterday and I have no idea what the trigger was. Looks like its ANOTHER f'n armor crafting quest line at 505. So thats three god damn - dont throw away this armor till its over, quests.

On paper, it may not seem like a lot but some are pretty significant grinds and Im not talking about crafting. Compared to WoW:SL, I actually think there is more end game content in New World for reference.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users