New World

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They've disabled decorating houses and limited features on doing anything with housing decorations. You cant even drop them on the ground.

Not gonna lie, housing and furnishing is a huge enjoyment of mine and frankly, this has me really frustrated. I shouldn't have to pay taxes on houses that I'm not using the fast travel features on, and even then, it should be heavily discounted.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If, and the if applies, the stories of players getting perma-banned for purchasing stuff cheap off the trading post are true, this game is pretty well fucked.

Under no circumstance should a player be perma-banned for strictly either selling or buying things on the auction house for any price. If a player duped an item and then sold it cheap on the Trading Post, then remove said items(Ideally refund the gold) if another player purchased them. Penalizing a player because they saw an item cheap is easily the worst thing a company can do. This essentially kills the trust of using the trading post without concern of being banned just because you were unaware of a price range. How players are defending this ban just blows my mind.

I would have gladly bought those trophies. Would I have been wrong too?.....Nope. There are numerous reasons why an item could be cheap. The person could have fucked up when typing in the price. Maybe the person wants gold fast. Should a person that sees a cheap price have to always think " I wonder if this item is legit"?. How about fix the damn game and not Ban the wrong players for playing the game.

This just keeps riding the stupid train.

At the rate this is going, Cyberpunk 2077 might actually look like a better release. That is amazing.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
If they lowered the income and the project costs to minimal - of course these types of players would hate it. But it would be a much appreciated change across the board for players. Housing in general is a hot button for so many people cause a lot of them dont even care about trophies, they just want to decorate a f'n house and a small, single room house just isnt going to cut it. Besides, the Property Tax reduction isnt even working for me in Windsward for reference. I have roughly 35% reduction, but my 20k house at 6.5% still cost me 1300 gold. There are plenty of people that have pointed this out, but them fixing that doesnt appear to be on the docket. It used to work, but when I bought the other two houses - that discount disappeared. It should be roughly 900 gold.

Another hot button is the material converters and their gold costs. You convert 1000 Solvent into Flux and its like some obnoxious 4-500 gold cost. Taxes arent that big of a deal "for me" but they'd bankrupt my g/f and her casual playtime within a week.

I *thought* my tax seemed higher than normal.

They really screwed the pooch on housing. A lot of us are too cheap to pay for upkeep (lol 1800+ gold thank you tax rate boost), and their biggest RL money makers are all the housing items.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

They really screwed the pooch on housing. A lot of us are too cheap to pay for upkeep (lol 1800+ gold thank you tax rate boost), and their biggest RL money makers are all the housing items.
Yup.

Everything from quality to business model is a dumpster fire.

Who the fuck was in charge of this mess?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If, and the if applies, the stories of players getting perma-banned for purchasing stuff cheap off the trading post are true, this game is pretty well fucked.

Under no circumstance should a player be perma-banned for strictly either selling or buying things on the auction house for any price. If a player duped an item and then sold it cheap on the Trading Post, then remove said items(Ideally refund the gold) if another player purchased them. Penalizing a player because they saw an item cheap is easily the worst thing a company can do. This essentially kills the trust of using the trading post without concern of being banned just because you were unaware of a price range. How players are defending this ban just blows my mind.

I would have gladly bought those trophies. Would I have been wrong too?.....Nope. There are numerous reasons why an item could be cheap. The person could have fucked up when typing in the price. Maybe the person wants gold fast. Should a person that sees a cheap price have to always think " I wonder if this item is legit"?. How about fix the damn game and not Ban the wrong players for playing the game.

This just keeps riding the stupid train.

At the rate this is going, Cyberpunk 2077 might actually look like a better release. That is amazing.
One second people are banned for 24 hours, and then someone comes in with a perma-ban and that argument falls apart. Much less the repeated community manager posts on the actual amount of people banned for duping. At this point, Im starting to believe its troll posts cause something isnt adding up and Im leaning heavily into what the community managers are saying. Someone saying something racist/political in Global chat is in the same realm of someone that doesnt care about their account, so ..

Basically, I wouldnt feed into any forum, reddit etc., that would feed into this opportunity of feeding into mass hysteria. Especially reddit, farming negative likes etc. I replied once in a positive manner to a negative post and went up 400 points. Take what you want from that.

Ya, they havent even added it to "known bugs" yet, but just about everyone with multiple houses knows its pointless to grind territory standing at this point. Before I bought my other houses, I was enjoying the benefits of grinding in WW. Now that Ive had three houses, I have been paying full tax this entire time.

Such a cluster fuck of bugs, misguided coding and bad coding.. that if I wasnt so invested in the game, I wouldnt log in for a year at minimum.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I had a dream that New World had random rare spots with motorcycle nodes and you could grab 1 of a few motorcycles with random stats/speed. Every time I found a legendary motorcycle it would bug out and someone else would run up and grab it and drive away.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
One second people are banned for 24 hours, and then someone comes in with a perma-ban and that argument falls apart. Much less the repeated community manager posts on the actual amount of people banned for duping. At this point, Im starting to believe its troll posts cause something isnt adding up and Im leaning heavily into what the community managers are saying. Someone saying something racist/political in Global chat is in the same realm of someone that doesnt care about their account, so ..

Basically, I wouldnt feed into any forum, reddit etc., that would feed into this opportunity of feeding into mass hysteria. Especially reddit, farming negative likes etc. I replied once in a positive manner to a negative post and went up 400 points. Take what you want from that.

Ya, they havent even added it to "known bugs" yet, but just about everyone with multiple houses knows its pointless to grind territory standing at this point. Before I bought my other houses, I was enjoying the benefits of grinding in WW. Now that Ive had three houses, I have been paying full tax this entire time.

Such a cluster fuck of bugs, misguided coding and bad coding.. that if I wasnt so invested in the game, I wouldnt log in for a year at minimum.
The New World sub is fully retarded. They aren't troll posts when people come in and call bullshit on the 95% banned or say that they still have 20 trophies or that they got perma'd for saying something racist. It's all true. I promise you they missed a huge portion of dupers and they DID hit a bunch of innocent people. And I do know of several edgy little shits that got perma'd for saying shit like f**g*t or n*****r They were flailing around blindly, and it's a fucking mess. They also launched our server, one of the worst dupe offenders, with trophies still on the market, including 10 5k major arcana trophies. You could still buy those even though they are now supposedly non tradeable.

I've lost my motivation to play for now, which is really sad.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Another hot button is the material converters and their gold costs. You convert 1000 Solvent into Flux and its like some obnoxious 4-500 gold cost. Taxes arent that big of a deal "for me" but they'd bankrupt my g/f and her casual playtime within a week.

lololol. That's just as hilarious as trying to pull stuff from one city shed to another and seeing the price tag of the transfer cost 10x more than just buying the item again in the other town, even when that town's market sells them for 10x more.

These fucking idiots. How is AGS full of boomers with grey beards, yet none of them have any fucking mmorpg experience? What a fucking joke. Make a great game, and run it into the ground with incompetence. I hope we get a fucking expose or documentary one day explaining just WHAT THE FUCK happened. Because there are too many things about New World that just don't add up. Some of the design is next level and so beautiful, fun, and addicting. While the other half of it is totally mismatched and incompetent.

The actual only save to New World at this point is private servers and modding capabilities. Should have been that way from the beginning. New World would have been even bigger than it was and it would have stayed big with private servers and modding capabilities.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Slow
Reactions: 1 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
This is seriously the strangest thing to watch. Its like this is the very first MMO to ever exist and nobody knows what to do.
The difference is that many of those were still good in spite of (and in some cases even because of) their flaws. They had a charm that can't be explained by novelty or nostalgia alone.

Nowadays with all the lessons of the past to guide them, designers are so confident they "know" exactly what needs be done that it seems to paradoxically render them incapable of actually doing it, as if "knowing" in itself is the whole battle instead of just half. This pathological self-awareness pervades the entire process: on the creative side, a strict adherence to convention and tropes results in a predictably dull product; on the technical end, a blase attitude toward bugs and other errors, partly because they've historically gone under-punished in the software world, leads to a predictably shoddy product.

We're in the midst of a postmodernist era in game dev, and it characteristically sucks eggs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
What the fuck is it about MMOs that no one can seem to get one right? Hell, no one can even seem to get one half right.

Is it just massive technical issues with the persistent world and network/server architecture?

Are MMOs not popular enough to command real dev/money investment? I find that one to be pretty untrue given how much backing this had from Amazon, but look at how it turned out.

This isn't even a new or recent problem. The past like 15 years is littered with the corpses of half-baked and utterly failed MMOs. FF14 is legit the only one to do anything relevant, and even that took them turning the fucking game off entirely and basically remaking it cause the initial launch was so fucking bad.

Will we ever actually see something great get made, or are we all doomed to flounder around on the 127th iteration of an EQ progression server or in the big gay pile of catboys in FF14?

Save us Pantheon.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Pantheon is doing it right, if you never release you won't have a bad game!

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think any new MMO that has any focus to housing should build upon what EQ2 and ESO did with housing.

Hate the games for whatever reasons, but they did a great job with housing / furnishings / trophies.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hell, Dark Ages of Camelot did a great job with housing. There are many examples to pull from that do it right. The housing in this game is not awful. It just is plain jane. It is half done like pretty much this entire game is. Lineage 2 also does a good job with the housing system, though it helps to pick the right territory as some race housing setups are not good.

There is plenty of great stuff that could be learned from when creating a game. This game apparently chose not to do this but also rushed the product out the door long before they should have. As i stated, this game is a great way of showing how not to do it.

Ashes of Creation and whatever Riot's new game will be, are the only MMO's of real interest coming in the future at the moment.

Cybsled

I’m spoiled by ff14 housing. I think the biggest issue with housing in this game is lack of variety of options for decorating and how rare most of the existing options are. Recipe rarity aside, there are lots of non-craftable doodads that rely upon the luck system and some are even gated by luck levels or only found within certain luck pools, and some are zone specific.

It would be nice if there was a more targeted way to get a lot of housing items, or even recipes.

On that note, fuck furniture leveling. It feels like im spending thousands just for 1 or 2 levels in it

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I’m spoiled by ff14 housing. I think the biggest issue with housing in this game is lack of variety of options for decorating and how rare most of the existing options are. Recipe rarity aside, there are lots of non-craftable doodads that rely upon the luck system and some are even gated by luck levels or only found within certain luck pools, and some are zone specific.

It would be nice if there was a more targeted way to get a lot of housing items, or even recipes.

On that note, fuck furniture leveling. It feels like im spending thousands just for 1 or 2 levels in it
Yeah another problem with New World housing is that it crashes the fucking game.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Cybsled

It used to do that for me. Trick is the moment you hit decorate, you know the window that pops up and it has a bunch of sub categories for furniture? Immediately click one of those sub categories, ideally before the furniture options even load. Doesn’t matter which, just get out of the “all” category it defaults to. For whatever reason, it’s the show all category that locks up the game and crashes it

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
yo.jpg

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It used to do that for me. Trick is the moment you hit decorate, you know the window that pops up and it has a bunch of sub categories for furniture? Immediately click one of those sub categories, ideally before the furniture options even load. Doesn’t matter which, just get out of the “all” category it defaults to. For whatever reason, it’s the show all category that locks up the game and crashes it
I really do appreciate the workaround. Annoying as fuck to hear people are making do with that but it is appreciated.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The weird thing about that, and that does work, I know - but on my work computer, a 970 GTX - it has no problems. But when I look at it on my 3090, or my g/f looks at it on her 2070 Super - it does that weird shit. Its like it sees the amount of memory you have and tries to take advantage of it by preloading everything, regardless if you have it or not.. or some stupid shit. I have no idea and dont understand how most of this shit is coded. When I think its done one way, I find out that its done in a different language entirely. I never would have thought in a million years that the god awful chat system was HTML, for example.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Ashes of Creation and whatever Riot's new game will be, are the only MMO's of real interest coming in the future at the moment.

Looking forward to those, and also these (warning Asian content ahead):

• 1Like
  • 1Picard