New World

Xerge

<Donor>
If it wasn't, you wouldn't have been able to literally just turn your internet off for a second, and then take a piece of furniture, turn it back on, and have 2. Their server wouldn't have given the player the furniture that was picked up at all, and it wouldn't have been duped.
Because foresight mistakes don't happen in any business. These dupes are caused by server side code mistakes, think otherwise and you're foolish. I've already had this shit confirmed by people who have shipped titles on their resume.

You fellas do you believing what you like though.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 1 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Because foresight mistakes don't happen in any business. These dupes are caused by server side code mistakes, think otherwise and you're foolish. I've already had this shit confirmed by people who have shipped titles on their resume.

You fellas do you believing what you like though.

My dad works for Nintendo!!!111

I kid I kid, and in all seriousness does it matter? Still piss poor coding that should've been caught early. And then should've been caught after the 2nd lagswitch dupe, not 3rd and 4th.

Xerge

<Donor>
My dad works for Nintendo!!!111

I kid I kid, and in all seriousness does it matter? Still piss poor coding that should've been caught early. And then should've been caught after the 2nd lagswitch dupe, not 3rd and 4th.
I didn't say I agree with Amazon testing new Matrix simulation tech on us. but hey at least the LOTR mmo might not have dupes eh

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not excusing this shit but dupe bugs have plagued mmos since EQ and prob before. At lest these guys shut down the market and trades so they can quarrantine the duped shit and fix to the best of their ability. Pretty ballsy move TBH, since this effects everyone. And trade pretty much is integral to this game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didn't say I agree with Amazon testing new Matrix simulation tech on us. but hey at least the LOTR mmo might not have dupes eh
Part of the disagreement between Tencent and.. Leyou?...? with AGS might have been not only a financial decision, but some implications brought on by how the development of New World was being handled.

But there is still a part of me that believes that if AGS was given the reins to something with great lore, like Middle Earth's, with their current engine and a clear road map - it would be one insanely popular MMO. A lot of the shit we see in New World, from the bugs, to the design decisions, I believe are based on decisions of the past that were acceptable under a different premise for the games direction.

Ie. Some client authoritative shit wouldnt be that big of a deal if we're talking some Age of Conan Exiles type of shit. Where as, now that its an MMO, that easy coding is obviously not acceptable.

• 2Solidarity

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I'm so bummed out over this game right now. I still love aspects of it, but execution at this point is really killing it. :(

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Few more balance passes, more content drops, maybe 6 mos to a year it will def be more solid.

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bah with no sub people will be back once any semblance of good news is shared. MMOs are like this we all know it. One big content drop and many will be back.

The def need to push out those mergers though. That cannot be fast enough. Too many severs stuck with like 500 peak numbers which is sad for a game like this unless you like farming routes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Yeah, we haha be towns that are regressing without enough tax revenue to keep them going. Merges need to happen sooner rather than later.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just feel bad for those that trtansferred to like 1K peak servers rigth when the transfer tokens came out and now they are stuck on dead ass servers. We have a few like this in our org.

One actually rerolled. Since last wed we fed him about 60K from personal and guild accounts and now hes 57 as of last night. We were chain running him through depths with all of our left over orbs this sat. We did like 10 runs about 15 min ea. Now were doing dynasty runs. Hes got a few crafting and refining skills to 200 too now only thing that suffers is gathering shit like mining and the others.

Daidraco

Bah with no sub people will be back once any semblance of good news is shared. MMOs are like this we all know it. One big content drop and many will be back.

The def need to push out those mergers though. That cannot be fast enough. Too many severs stuck with like 500 peak numbers which is sad for a game like this unless you like farming routes.
Pretty much the case, cause there is definitely a lack of content to do at 60 in its current state.
Yeah, we haha be towns that are regressing without enough tax revenue to keep them going. Merges need to happen sooner rather than later.
Town taxes in general are too punishing across the board. They need to lower income and lower taxes and project costs by a large margin. Even if the game was picture perfect, there would be times when server populations are just going to be low in general and after income is spread out across all territories - a 700 person server just isnt going to be able to support all the different towns.

As per your previous post, was looking at the time cause the servers went down at 5 and you commenting shortly after that.

People couldn't start Town Projects while wealth transfers were disabled.
It wasnt in reference to this specific period. Its in reference to low population servers in general. We started with almost a million people and we're down to roughly 177k in the last 24 hours.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well I know the guild that controls the big 3 cities on our server is def cleasring something like a few mill a week. Im betting they are just RMTing the shit out of that gold. Thats something like $5K easy per week and thats after the upkeep and taxes.

Cybsled

Town costs do need to be scaled for servers. We have two abandoned zones on our server that just slowly decay

Daidraco

Well I know the guild that controls the big 3 cities on our server is def cleasring something like a few mill a week. Im betting they are just RMTing the shit out of that gold. Thats something like $5K easy per week and thats after the upkeep and taxes.
If they lowered the income and the project costs to minimal - of course these types of players would hate it. But it would be a much appreciated change across the board for players. Housing in general is a hot button for so many people cause a lot of them dont even care about trophies, they just want to decorate a f'n house and a small, single room house just isnt going to cut it. Besides, the Property Tax reduction isnt even working for me in Windsward for reference. I have roughly 35% reduction, but my 20k house at 6.5% still cost me 1300 gold. There are plenty of people that have pointed this out, but them fixing that doesnt appear to be on the docket. It used to work, but when I bought the other two houses - that discount disappeared. It should be roughly 900 gold.

Another hot button is the material converters and their gold costs. You convert 1000 Solvent into Flux and its like some obnoxious 4-500 gold cost. Taxes arent that big of a deal "for me" but they'd bankrupt my g/f and her casual playtime within a week.

• 2Like

Cybsled

The converters are almost useless because of the tax you are hit with. Unless refinement materials are ultra expensive on your server (I’m talking like 2g per on green materials), then you’re bettter off using that money to just buy the shit off auction house

• 2Like