New World

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looking forward to those, and also these (warning Asian content ahead):

You know I've avoided Asian MMOs my entire life. Never could stomach the cuties girl yelps during combat and furries. However western MMOs have turned into complete and utter dog shit that are further hamstrung by wokeism.

I guess it's time for me to finally take a look at these jiggling anime titties.

• 1Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You know I've avoided Asian MMOs my entire life. Never could stomach the cuties girl yelps during combat and furries. However western MMOs have turned into complete and utter dog shit that are further hamstrung by wokeism.

I guess it's time for me to finally take a look at these jiggling anime titties.

I've been playing Asian games since Lineage 1 like back in 99? Their graphics/animations/combat are usually years ahead of the West, but the world/questing/story is usually terrible. Keep hoping they'll get better.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Looks like another dupe is being talked about. If true, I'm going to start believing that someone within the company is sabotaging the game. This is just getting to be laughable at this point.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

I think incompetence is the simplest and easy explanation, with inflated ego problems to round it out. A lot of aspects of this game I get the impression that someone just copied work and tried to adjust it for a new situation, eg maybe whoever designed fishing had that grabbed and used by other gathering designers. A lot of display errors give me this impression since you'd see obvious "artifacts" like "-1" out of nowhere; easy assumption is code copy-paste.

But then you get the second part. I think at least some of these coders and especially the designers/developers implementing the code dont talk to each other in other cases. So you see things like "how does this work perfectly and thats a pile of shit?" too.

My conclusion is a lot of lazy (honestly closer to totally normal) coding copy paste jobs but by people who seem to think themselves geniuses. I think its a problem wow struggled with over time, where maybe battlegrounds and meeting stones suffered from excessive dev ego but they were outliers and by like cataclysm it was all throughout. Here in new world its all throughout from the getgo. And my fear is that stubborn "I know best" programmers and developers tend to create awful situations when they inevitably end up not knowing best.

I think this game will be a solid 9/10 in like 2 years. I'm hopefully. But only if its struggles now gets some asses kicked on their team.

Cybsled

Patch tomorrow

Notes

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well, that is a patch. A lot of fixes went into that one. I just hope they did not end up breaking new things with it.

I am not sure what I think about the Trade skill change. It will change the value of high end crafting material now, which is a nerf since they did nothing to decrease the amount needed to craft the items. They should have just left that alone.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Too little too late for me. As a life staff player, too, I got excited a bit about trying the void gauntlet. But then seeing they nerfed healing again, even more, and I'm just like fuck that.

Another game suffers because they try to balance PVP by breaking PVE. I don't know how many games I've played where they've fucked this up.

• 7Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Daidraco

From what Im gathering, the Varangians are suppose to be an ever increasing force down in the southern territories. Right up till we have end game content from it. I highly doubt that they'll do that all on the beach, so I'll be curious where they plan on going with this. But with how theyre wording it, I'm guessing that the "end game" content they are going to bring to us from the Varangians is going to be invasions by them. So now, instead of just Corrupted attacking - we have Varangians. Then, since theyve basically figured out the easiest way to copy the code from corrupted to Varangian, now we start having multiple different factions attacking during invasions. Fighting some, as moonarchia moonarchia calls them, Angry Tree's, would be annoying as fuck - but add some much needed flavor to invasions.

Speaking of invasions, I thought body blocking the Spriggans was pretty unique and an unintended mechanic that was working in benefit to the player. So I'm a bit bummed about them taking that away and just nerfing the Spriggan. I really dont see the point in having player to player collision turned on in PVE content, so them taking out even unintended usefulness with it just further pushes it into the unnecesarry. Wish they would just turn that shit off when you're not flagged. As a tank, thats the number one thing that makes me NOT want to tank. Never mind that as long as I play a tank, my score in shit like Invasions is pure garbage.

The other part about Spriggans, Brutes and all those "Giant Tier" mobs is that now.. hopefully.. theyre fixed and I can actually attack them. The biggest annoyance with some of the big boi's in Invasions, and pretty much all content that deals with them, is that they took 1 in 3, 1 in 4 attacks because you would constantly miss due to their hit box. So Im quite pleased with this change.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
anyone login yet? Everyone missing their ‘harvester’ gear on my server and I got booted in 5 minutes for ‘suspicious app’ (I had nothing running except antivirus)

Daidraco

Oh and the PVP change - just for reference - is an additional ~1.5% drop chance for Tolvium and Cinnabar, and ~0.7% chance for Void Ore. Most people dont pass 1% for gathering trades for ultra rares like Void Ore. So this'll be well worth it to tuck yourself away and mine Orichalcum.

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck it. I’m done.

Maybe in another 6 months this might be worth coming back to and starting over fresh, but in the meantime I’m going to find something else to waste my time on.

Daidraco

anyone login yet? Everyone missing their ‘harvester’ gear on my server and I got booted in 5 minutes for ‘suspicious app’ (I had nothing running except antivirus)
Have Overwolf and Icue running - both programs of debate in this game - still logged in. My harvesting suit is also still present. If you're missing gear and now you're kicked, I would probably start preparing a ban appeal.

Daidraco

Twitch Drop came online today. Watch some random ass hat for an hour. Ie. Put on a stream, mute and minimize it.
fisherman-flat-580x330.jpg

Daidraco

Oh..let me get on the twitch. Wow.....I ..so..want..that.
I have a hoarders personality in this MMO. I'll likely never, ever, use any part of it. Just like the purple skins from Twitch. Have all of them, but havent used a single one.
youre-gonna-regret-it-regret.gif

Cybsled

I’m seeing posts they stealth nerfed elite areas so chests drop shit loot if people are there and mobs hit harder/are beefier if there are more than 5 people nearby

What dumb fucking changes if true. You can just hang out unflagged doing nothing and fuck over a group now

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
There's actually a ton of really bizarre changes that weren't mentioned. certain elite mobs in SM have like 3x more health (taskmasters are one, for example) the removed luck from Zealots Refrain and a few other weapons. Skorpius of all places has like 9 new tentacles that make the place a nightmare. a few buffs to mobs in malevolence as well. Elite Chests drop way less armor.

This game is more beta than any beta I've played in a long time.

Meanwhile, a ton of innocents are still banned, because they were good top crafters and inevitably got laundered through with duped mats. And we get the insult that is a CS reply on the forums saying that they promise every single ban appeal is carefully looked at.

No it isn't, he has gotten like 5 automated responses. I know some middle aged woman that has no idea what the fuck a dupe even is and is level 46 that is banned and is being told it is justified. This woman couldn't cheat if I wrote her detailed instructions and helped her step by step.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user