New World

Cybsled

Seasonal shit can be good - the winter thing was ok, but I’d like them to do more

They do need some new PvP modes and the like, but they’ll need cross realm matching to make it viable. OPR doesn’t pop on low population servers, and gets backed up on mega population servers. Adding other modes with addressing that wouldn’t help

Cybsled

Massive PTR patch. Lots of nice QoL changes, including removing body block from open world and pve stuff, can sell houses for a 50% refund, can signup for war/invasion from map, blunderbus added (data mines suggest it is a grenade launcher / CC weapon), new dungeon and quests, more random world events for chance at loot, ammo doesn’t weigh anything and you can use bow/musket without ammo, inventory look while running, storage boosts, removal of fee for transferring items between your storage sheds, more harvesting goodies, etc

edit: oh ya, and all daily resets at 5am instead of personal timers on everything. Weekly resets Tuesday 5am

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Those changes 3 months ago would've been amazing. I submitted that EXACT fucking arrow/ammo idea like 3 times during closed testing and fucking nothing. Unfortunately without some big "we done fucked up" re-release I don't think I or my friends can realistically see going back to the game. It sucks, because I really liked the game, but it just dug such a deep hole so early it seems impossible to get out of it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am involved with another woman(Lost Ark) right now. They do appear to be trying at least. That is a good thing but they will need to actually add an expansion worth of content for me to reconsider at this point. They also need to just ditch the key system for dungeons and go for a one time key needed.

Xerge

<Donor>
Have these four grouped together before?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Have these four grouped together before?
I think Asmongold has done something with Shroud before. But I dont think Ive ever seen Daneh do anything with them. From what I understand, Asmongold still logs into NW pretty often on his personal time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
IDK why they are nickle and dime'ing this shit like they are. IMO concentrate on fixing the shit out of this game, more balance and keep plugging on content until you have a nice expansion sized chunk to release. Then do a re-release of sorts and im sure it would get some peeps to go back.

Xerge

<Donor>
Region transfers are in testing now. Thank fuck. Also 3v3 arenas coming

Last edited:

Xerge

<Donor>
FOJZfapWYAUufY-.jpg

Daidraco

I feel like theyre moving at a glacial pace. Outright insane that some of the stuff theyre planning on implementing hasnt been put in yet. I watched all of that to figure out what they were changing with dungeon keys as well, and never heard / missed it if it was mentioned. Im hoping by the time "Autumn" comes around, the game is in a much, hugely, improved state. Cause if I reinstall it then and play it for a couple days and its still the same grindy ass shit gameplay, Im just going to uninstall and hide it on my steam list forever.

Cybsled

The Spring update is supposed to be later this month or Early April, but Fall being the next major content add seems a little too late unless those summer updates really inject some interest.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There is nothing about any of those updates that entices me to want to return. Some of the recent repairs/changes had more effect on my willingness to return than those new updates. I just have to say good luck to them.

Stay Classy Season 25 GIF by The Bachelor

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Still no way to save item sets, they could even have mannequins in the houses or SOMETHING , pathetic

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Still no way to save item sets, they could even have mannequins in the houses or SOMETHING , pathetic

Down another 9k players, with an average of 23.4k active, including bots which are on all the populated servers. I wonder what the average will be when they pull the plug?

Daidraco

Down another 9k players, with an average of 23.4k active, including bots which are on all the populated servers. I wonder what the average will be when they pull the plug?
23k is concurrent users on average, I'm pretty sure. If thats the case, thats still quite a bit of unique players per day. The hard part is knowing how much money theyre making since they dont have a sub and just a one time box price w/cash shop. G/f no longer plays this, but we know one other person that plays it irl and just like my g/f - they'll never, ever, buy anything off the item shop. Not because its not neat, but because theyre cheap asses lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
23k is concurrent users on average, I'm pretty sure. If thats the case, thats still quite a bit of unique players per day. The hard part is knowing how much money theyre making since they dont have a sub and just a one time box price w/cash shop. G/f no longer plays this, but we know one other person that plays it irl and just like my g/f - they'll never, ever, buy anything off the item shop. Not because its not neat, but because theyre cheap asses lol.
For all intents this game is dead. And until they ease up on the needless grind, the travel bullshit, walking and running everywhere, neddless dungeon keys, it will stay dead, no matter how much new shiny content they pump into it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Not because its not neat, but because theyre cheap asses lol.

The biggest problem with the cash shop is the offerings aren't that great usually. The housing bundles give you very little for what they cost, the weapon skins are hit or miss, and a lot of the outfits are lame. I think the last thing I bought on the cash shop was the persistent Gallop emote (because it's basically a Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference)