New World

Xerge

<Donor>
Looks like the tool is a mix of both. You mouse over the dungeon on the map and click view expedition, which then brings up the lobby UI for it
1656692603157.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Daidraco Daidraco I shit you not, but I almost got in a car wreck on the way home from work today. Along the side of the road there are patches of things growing that look exactly like fireweed. The urge to run straight at them was real.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nothing talked about that we dont already know. Dungeon seems kind of interesting I guess.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
just needs gear sets and raid groups and it'll finally have basic mmo features

• 1Like

Daidraco

just needs gear sets and raid groups and it'll finally have basic mmo features
Right - its kind of hard to get excited about all the work theyve done simply because its such a normal feature set everywhere else. The newest dungeon and the dungeon on PTR are reusing art assets for all the trash NPC's and they should at least put a couple new skins in with the trash. Make them share features with the last boss or something, I dont care.

I imagine that by the time Sands does come out, everyone that comes back for it will get at least a couple months of play out of it thanks to everything thats been changed and implemented since we all quit.

• 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The bard stuff is.. interesting? One minute they want to kick everyone out of the city so they can get some traction with overworld PVP, and now theyre trying to get everyone back in the city so a 400 person server doesnt look more dead than it already is. I cant wait to log in whenever egypt/rome comes out and some dude is singing out his bleeding heart to his +luck tune. The thought of someone in a tavern playing tunes and people dropping by for a few minutes to pick them up is pretty cool RPG element though.

LOTRO had that in game and there was a way you could download your own music to play on your in game instrument.

First and only time.I have ever seen that done it it was pretty amazing.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Daidraco

At this point, I am waiting on their 1st expansion and see how much they can improve.
Think thats the majority sentiment at this point. I'm actively planning on it, so its why I keep up with the dev updates and all the free, even if ugly af, shit that comes out on Prime Gaming Rewards.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am playing it just to get my gearscore ability up. The World Tours of various area's chests makes it a lot easier to reach the 600 Mark. I have also gotten some tradeskills up. The game has had a lot of quality of life improvements like shared banks that essentially increases the usable space 20 fold. Removing weight from ammunition is another example. The big change with the dungeons is one of the things that got me looking at this game again. So it is getting better.

Daidraco

After doing some light reading on Wildstar's death today, Im amazed that AGS hasnt pulled the plug on this game. AGS is just flushing money by not pulling the game back in and doing a FFXIV relaunch.

• 1Like

Cybsled

So this means only 2 US west servers left and 4 US East

To be honest, the biggest thing they could do to address game bleed is to deal with shell companies / stacked war rosters - one guild can basically take over multiple territories
k866cxkfulc91.png

Xerge

<Donor>
Those mergers needed to happen regardless tho. Best they can hope for is releasing around xmas and getting stable numbers as by then the game will be passable. How I do love logging in and killing time on skills though and maybe i'll max everything by the time the game is worth playing lol

Daidraco

Those mergers needed to happen regardless tho. Best they can hope for is releasing around xmas and getting stable numbers as by then the game will be passable. How I do love logging in and killing time on skills though and maybe i'll max everything by the time the game is worth playing lol
Oh, no doubt. If I was a stoner, I think I would have never quit the game. You can mindlessly do shit for hours upon hours in this game and make good progress. Not that I support that gameplay loop, but it takes all kinds I guess.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Oh, no doubt. If I was a stoner, I think I would have never quit the game. You can mindlessly do shit for hours upon hours in this game and make good progress. Not that I support that gameplay loop, but it takes all kinds I guess.

Nah that's a perfectly valid way to just chill and enjoy the game. I'm on the EQ2 TLE and some guildies leveled all crafters to max level, which is nuts and similar to mindlessly grinding skills in NW.

Zhakrin

Trakanon Raider
LOTRO had that in game and there was a way you could download your own music to play on your in game instrument.

First and only time.I have ever seen that done it it was pretty amazing.
The implementation in Archeage was interesting as well, playing some Metallica

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch today.

Get to finally break down all the purples I have saved in my bank. The new music ability will probably afford a new duping bug. Will be a little more interesting no longer needing keys for dungeons, though I hate limiting factors.

• 1Like