New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well, it certainly does not take very long to finish off the Harvest skills when the XP is double. I have fishing to go now.
I have no idea how it is with double the exp, but I cant imagine that its THAT much better. Theyre nerfing the amount of exp needed for fishing and logging next month. Maybe wait?

Cybsled

Logging is only hard because it takes a lot of xp to get to Wyrm/Ironwood and those trees are less common, so you’re stuck with shitty regular tree xp. I suspect they will smooth out the xp so more is front loaded. Who knows if it will be double. However, double refining xp is coming up. So if your wood refining sucks, may be worth it to log now, hoard the wood, then use it to powerful refining

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The problem always arises with the weight. The nerf will probably equal what it is now. I got 5 points of skill on young and mature trees at 180 in 15 minutes. So, really not that bad. Will start fishing soon. Everything else is already 200.

Oh there was one caveat. I had 300 endurance which gives a 25% chance to instant cut down a tree. So that does help.

Also, I keep pressing the G button for interaction. That is going to take a week to get over.

Last edited:

Daidraco

The problem always arises with the weight. The nerf will probably equal what it is now. I got 5 points of skill on young and mature trees at 180 in 15 minutes. So, really not that bad. Will start fishing soon. Everything else is already 200.

Oh there was one caveat. I had 300 endurance which gives a 25% chance to instant cut down a tree. So that does help.

Also, I keep pressing the G button for interaction. That is going to take a week to get over.
Yea, Lost Ark has corrupted me with the "G" key. I was playing Immortal when it launched and it was a bad habit of mine to keep pressing the key to move the story along.

Without farming the elemental dogs at the lower required logging lvl, leveling Logging would probably make me gag. (They nerfed it into the ground.) But if you passively level up something like say, Armor Smithing and grab trees as you go around a loop - it should go pretty quick with double exp.

Fishing is interesting in that its more advantageous / quicker exp, for you to journey around to higher level fishing spots. Some of which dont even show up until you have the appropriate level in fishing. That link should help you out. Fishing was a lot more fun when Treasure Chests would pay the bills and the system, even though its kind of a shallow system. The fishing trophies stack now from what I understand. You can still make money with it at max lvl, but if you're just trying to lvl it up - it should be pretty easy.

Xerge

<Donor>
My logging skill was rolled the fuck back at some point. in my circle I was the first guy to hit 200 logging and now im 128 ish. I want to put in a ticket about it but I have no clue when it actually happened.

Xerge

<Donor>
next update info:

tldr;
musical instruments(we're all bards?) which will be craftable and the songs provide buffs, new dungeon, dungeon finder&orb removal, instanced wars, tradeskills xp reduc, salvage revamp

Daidraco

next update info:

tldr;
musical instruments(we're all bards?) which will be craftable and the songs provide buffs, new dungeon, dungeon finder&orb removal, instanced wars, tradeskills xp reduc, salvage revamp
The bard stuff is.. interesting? One minute they want to kick everyone out of the city so they can get some traction with overworld PVP, and now theyre trying to get everyone back in the city so a 400 person server doesnt look more dead than it already is. I cant wait to log in whenever egypt/rome comes out and some dude is singing out his bleeding heart to his +luck tune. The thought of someone in a tavern playing tunes and people dropping by for a few minutes to pick them up is pretty cool RPG element though.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Spend those precious dev time on musical instruments, that will for sure turn this around...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Spend those precious dev time on musical instruments, that will for sure turn this around...
I want to say something like that is almost assuredly a pet project of a dev that got approval for it. The game had all the instruments before hand as housing props. The music will most likely be from in-game assets as well. I wouldnt put it past AGS heads to think of it as another opportunity to sell skins for instruments, similar to Lost Ark.

What continues to blow my mind about this game is that the cash shop still looks like my kid nephew designed the shit. Hopefully, for their sake - theyre redesigning their cash shop in the background to copy Lost Ark on that one, too.

Cybsled

The bard stuff is.. interesting? One minute they want to kick everyone out of the city so they can get some traction with overworld PVP, and now theyre trying to get everyone back in the city so a 400 person server doesnt look more dead than it already is. I cant wait to log in whenever egypt/rome comes out and some dude is singing out his bleeding heart to his +luck tune. The thought of someone in a tavern playing tunes and people dropping by for a few minutes to pick them up is pretty cool RPG element though.

Kind of like SWG - you could watch dancers or whatever to help your character with buffs or removal of debuffs

Daidraco

Kind of like SWG - you could watch dancers or whatever to help your character with buffs or removal of debuffs
Ya. I think its pretty cool, dont get me wrong. But Voice Comms mixed with this is going to be horrible lol.

Xerge

<Donor>
Watching a streamer try the PTR and its guitar hero mini game; you can form groups of five where the leader picks a song and you all play it out. There's a music skill accompanied with it. As you level up the music skill you can pick buffs to attach to the song you play. Pretty cool ngl

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its nice to see the game going the right direction at least. I have enjoyed coming back to it now that I have so much bank space to play with. It helps not having to balance shit around bank space. Makes resource gathering a lot more fun. I went ahead and maxed all my refinement abilities save Stone cutting. Its 185 so no biggie.

I enjoy the World Tour runs that hit most of the elite treasure chests. Working up my expertise in preparation for dungeon crawls. My only concern is somebody finding a way to dupe items off the new dungeon finder. Its that or somebody uses a musical instrument to create items. I am sure there will be a way.

Daidraco

HA! Its like they purposely make these twitch drops and amazon prime rewards ugly as fuck.
yvopk8icbe791.png

Daidraco

Watching a streamer try the PTR and its guitar hero mini game; you can form groups of five where the leader picks a song and you all play it out. There's a music skill accompanied with it. As you level up the music skill you can pick buffs to attach to the song you play. Pretty cool ngl
Ya, thats kind of interesting. Hoping it feels like a whole new game when I come back for that zone release.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user