New World

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
They also handled the dupes the right way. Froze the market for a few days while they poured over the logs and banned all the fuckers that exploited. So none of that shit aside the very first dupes were all contained. No other mmo ever had the balls to do this.
Fake news. They definitely froze and destroyed the economy on several occasions which aided in killing the game off, but none of the duped items or gold was ever removed nor to my knowledge was anyone really banned. None of it was contained you just had haves and have nots every 3 days when a new dupe was discovered.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Come on now youre just being silly now. The time I played there was two dupes and freezes, it was not something that happened every 3 days. There was a mat dupe, where people duped the shit to make that voidbent. And the second one was something to do with the trophies and housing that people were duping. And yes people did get banned. A few from even my guild got banned even though they swore innocence. One guy even got a ban for 7 days because he got reported as exploting spawns or some shit in the swamp dungeon area. So yes they did hand out bans.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
they froze all player trading (taxes, auction house, trades, etc) twice, yes. But there was a dozen or so dupe methods that came out in only the first month of play, including all materials, gold, and all housing objects. It got so bad that gold sellers were getting their accounts banned just to post on the official forums reporting people who were using better bugs/dupes than they were who were able to undercut their gold sales by like 90% margins.

edit: yes, when entire guilds were rocking full voidbent way before the mats could of naturally been farmed it clued people in to some of the dupes, but those high end mats were the least duped items, just the most high vis. every server had a hundred billion gold for sale on gold sites within 2 weeks of launch. The economy on those beta servers are absolute trash and they should of put it all in one place and launched a bunch of fresh start servers without all that baggage.

Last edited:

Cybsled

In any event, those past dupes have zero impact on the current game. Any wealth generated has long since been lost due to players quitting or heavily devalued

• 1Solidarity

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still don't get how their character art is so fucking bad, pretty much every character male or female is ugly and the armor looks like shit too. WTF is this pink poofy shoulders + golden man bra? In contrast the environments look great, especially the revamps on PTR.

uglyAF.png

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I still don't get how their character art is so fucking bad, pretty much every character male or female is ugly and the armor looks like shit too. WTF is this pink poofy shoulders + golden man bra? In contrast the environments look great, especially the revamps on PTR.

View attachment 433350
Lol, at the unisex armor. Nope.

Do you use a bass guitar as your instrument?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
You couldn't convince me to restart a character in NW for anything - exceptions being trying a full pvp server or some other kind of special ruleset server. Fucking people be deleting alts in games like WoW like theyre newborns you trade off. MMO players ive noticed are especially bad at valuing their time investment. Lumi is the poster child for that around here; fucker gets resentful once the dopamine aint shootin right
Lol, people like you have a level of copium I couldn't ever possibly wrap my head around. I gave the game a shot and it was good at first.

1663220551874.png

This drawing perfectly sums up New World. At first you see the back half and you think "ok cool, this is really good" and then slowly but surely the full reveal occurs and it's just a hard nope.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord

View attachment 433350
Do it for the moobs.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lol, people like you have a level of copium I couldn't ever possibly wrap my head around. I gave the game a shot and it was good at first.

View attachment 433385

This drawing perfectly sums up New World. At first you see the back half and you think "ok cool, this is really good" and then slowly but surely the full reveal occurs and it's just a hard nope.
Idgaf what you say - you better reinstall it with me when Brimstone comes out.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now the server is too full.

Almost every node of Ironwood is obsessively camped. I like to farm but it is not fun to farm when you have to compete with 3 other players per node. I did finally get Furniture crafting up to 200. Nice to be able to craft my own trophies. I guess weaponsmith is next when I feel the urge to raise a skill again.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Almost every node of Ironwood is obsessively camped. I like to farm but it is not fun to farm when you have to compete with 3 other players per node. I did finally get Furniture crafting up to 200. Nice to be able to craft my own trophies. I guess weaponsmith is next when I feel the urge to raise a skill again.
Thats an old complaint I had forgotten about. They just need to reduce the spawn time on all that shit to near nothing and increase the resources weight up significantly. The node respawn was poorly balanced at 2000 players. Then they add 25% of the player population to a server to compete for those same resources. Soon, Brimstone, even though its bringing in new resources in altogether, will only have a handful of the other old nodes needed and they plan to "increase the server capacity up to 3000" with that release. 3000 people on a server competing for the same handful of resources that were originally designed to be fought for in a PVP situation. Just awful unless you plan on being awake from 2am to 8am server time to pick flowers and hit rocks. (still awful)

Though, in the grand scheme of things to complain about.. Im glad its at that point.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

I know you said IronWOOD and not just iron, but do you still need exponential amounts of iron even crafting all the tiers above it? God I hated that.

• 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty much but I think they trimmed it down some. The lower stuff is not that bad to get. They greatly increased the XP you get for crafting high end stuff so that you can work with that.

Cybsled

I know you said IronWOOD and not just iron, but do you still need exponential amounts of iron even crafting all the tiers above it? God I hated that.

You still need a lot of base materials, but refining the t1 stuff to t2 will basically give you double the projected conversion, and t3 you might get a bonus 1/4 or 1/3rd or so.

So for example, if you smelt enough iron to make 25 steel, you'll actually end up close to 50 steel when the bonus refinement factors in. The higher your refinement skill, the better chance you have of getting better conversions. They also boosted the respawn rates on the t1 stuff, so it isn't like before where you couldn't find iron anywhere. The nodes will respawn in like 5-10 minutes

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Man, I still love this game. I'm a noob and got my gear score up to 541 today. I can run around and farm just non stop and never get bored. Been running Genisis as I really like that instance. Though I had two fails today due to bad healers. The first one after 5 wipes said "hold on, maybe I should log out of work and concentrate on this".

Man, the chat after that point was interesting to say the least.

• 1Worf