New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not in the beginning since the faction armor was broken for fiirst couople months and people figured out that the 560 or 580 or whatever it was, faction gear was the best for PvP since it mitigated the most dmg. Then later they fixed it (nerfed it) and GS started to mean a lot more.
Well to be fair, that perk was fucking OP when it blocked ALL damage, instead of just crits. I've also seen where peoples "luck" seems to be a lot better for drop rates. Who would'a thunk'! They probably fixed that shit too.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well to be fair, that perk was fucking OP when it blocked ALL damage, instead of just crits. I've also seen where peoples "luck" seems to be a lot better for drop rates. Who would'a thunk'! They probably fixed that shit too.
Fuck yeah it was broken, im just saying, GS didnt mean shit in those beginning days when you had OP armor like that for pvp. I think that perk even worked for PvE too. Since I wore that shit 24/7 until it got nerfed.

Cybsled

Not in the beginning since the faction armor was broken for fiirst couople months and people figured out that the 560 or 580 or whatever it was, faction gear was the best for PvP since it mitigated the most dmg. Then later they fixed it (nerfed it) and GS started to mean a lot more.

That was just the resilient perk that was good (back then it worked on all damage instead of just crits)- the armor itself was mediocre outside that, at least by today's standards. That perk is still mostly mandatory for PVP to reduce burst damage via crits against you

Resilent effectiveness, like most perks, also scales with GS.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is what I've been waiting to hear. After messing around some on PTR I'm getting hyped to play.

freshStartNW.png

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am not restarting my character. I have way to much time on this one. It seems appealing but the process of having gotten to where I am is not so entertaining that I want to do it again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am not restarting my character. I have way to much time on this one. It seems appealing but the process of having gotten to where I am is not so entertaining that I want to do it again.
I imagine its more for the people that made it to like lvl 20 or 30 etc. and quit. Believing in the pipe dream that their casual ass is going to be able to compete with someone that no lifes this shit. I cant even begin to wrap my head around someone at max level wanting to reroll onto a new server. Its not like you cant just go to the updated provinces and do the quests on your main. Hell, I didnt even max out all of my trade skills and the thought of starting over in this game makes me sick to my stomach and I dont even play.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

It’s the same mindset preppers who want the end of the world to happen have

They think a reset gives them the chance to become the new elite ruling class, because they will have lots of wealth since wealth is being redefined. In reality, some coked out raider is going to gank them 3 weeks into it

Fresh start is most everyone going in with dreams of becoming part of the top tier, only for them to get dumpstered and them losing interest. Gear and skill disparity will happen sooner than they think. You’ll probably have a month of mostly “equal” power, if that

No lifers will funnel mats to one person to corner and get a monopoly on the crafting market. This will let them kit out much faster while others putz around in random OPR and dungeon gear

• 2Moron
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
That was a fucking grind and a half too. Fuck, from like 45-60 there was hardly any quests and the ones that were there dried up quick. Sure you had the town boards but fuck that, that was even worse than grinding IMO. Oh and the gathering, crafting... the long ass 580 weapon quests... And on a new server those are the shit to get since you cannot just buy a 600... then the slow climb to get your watermark on ALL your armor and weapons, yeah, fuck that.... At least you can grind the dungeons now so I guess thats cool. They all had repeatables I think.

Xerge

<Donor>
You couldn't convince me to restart a character in NW for anything - exceptions being trying a full pvp server or some other kind of special ruleset server. Fucking people be deleting alts in games like WoW like theyre newborns you trade off. MMO players ive noticed are especially bad at valuing their time investment. Lumi is the poster child for that around here; fucker gets resentful once the dopamine aint shootin right

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I transferred over to Eden where a few friends started. I brought over a ton of resources to help em. I still like this game a lot, I just got bored being solo all the time.

Cybsled

That was a fucking grind and a half too. Fuck, from like 45-60 there was hardly any quests and the ones that were there dried up quick. Sure you had the town boards but fuck that, that was even worse than grinding IMO. Oh and the gathering, crafting... the long ass 580 weapon quests... And on a new server those are the shit to get since you cannot just buy a 600... then the slow climb to get your watermark on ALL your armor and weapons, yeah, fuck that.... At least you can grind the dungeons now so I guess thats cool. They all had repeatables I think.

They softened the leveling a bit - the level grind itself XP wise was reduced. The watermarking (now called Expertise) has also been changed so you can get caught up more quickly and also have the ability to target what type of item you want the GS boost on. Crafting is still a grind, though.
I transferred over to Eden where a few friends started. I brought over a ton of resources to help em. I still like this game a lot, I just got bored being solo all the time.

This game 100% benefits from having friends/people to play with. If the people I currently play with had quit the game long ago, I probably would have as well.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
with all the bugs, dupes, exploits, and shit that this game has it, more than any other game really, needs fresh start servers with a soft relaunch. However I understand that this, more than any other game, is a fucking slog to level/gear/grind up and i wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

They should of merged everyone who continued to play this game after month 2 down to like 1 or 2 servers at most and let them keep grinding away or doing whatever they were doing, that way all the duped and exploited markets/materials/items/etc are all merged together and contained on those handful of servers. then now a year later when they were ready to actually launch this game just call the existing old servers the "live beta servers" and offer a complete set of new fresh servers as "official launch" servers.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I am glad I never played this game.
Gonna sound strange but this game is like, literally the EQ2 version of Neverwinter? compared to WoW.

action combat cross hair targetting MMO with a skill/talent tree you unlock as you level, learning a multitude of skills yet you can only slot 3 at a time (your build) to the default keys of Q, E, and R, with mouse clicks as your default base attacks...

but like EQ2 it went for a more "realistic" art style compared to Neverwinter which like WoW went for a very stylized, "cartoony" look.
it uses full body animation locks where as Neverwinter like WoW is split body so you maintain control of your character during combat.
Also released waaaay before it was ready and had tons of bugs/unfinished content/grind.
both massive flops which had they not been bankrolled by Sony (EQ2) or Amazon (New World), would have been sunset within 3 months of launch due to abysmal player numbers.

Also this game started and was coded for private/public server based survival non-mmo game, before it became a ffa pvp mmo, before it became a faction/war based pvp mmo, before it became whatever the fuck it is now. all that spaghetti code is still there and hilarity has ensued at every patch because of it.

If you ever played Neverwinter then you didn't miss anything by not playing this game. besides pretty graphics this game is a worse version of neverwinter in every single way, outside of the predatory monetization/lootboxes which killed neverwinter, by contrast New World completely forgot they were supposed to make money on this? They only charged 39.99 for the box, no sub and no real cash shop to speak of so, like they are just hemoraging cash and always have been. If you didn't play either, then by not playing New world you missed out on some fun combat slapped on the most ridiculously shittily developed game lead by accountants who don't play video games.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This game 100% benefits from having friends/people to play with. If the people I currently play with had quit the game long ago, I probably would have as well.
This right here. Its why I quit, because everyone around me quit. People I played with every night.

Cybsled

with all the bugs, dupes, exploits, and shit that this game has it, more than any other game really, needs fresh start servers with a soft relaunch. However I understand that this, more than any other game, is a fucking slog to level/gear/grind up and i wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

While the dupes/exploits were a problem in the past, it is almost a non-issue now. Most of the dupe shit happened back when Voidbent was basically the "best" armor and before most of the BIS pvp perk armor/weapons even existed. The gold duped back then is also a non-issue - it would have long ago been spent and if you own one of the big territories, your guild is pulling in 2million a week regardless.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They also handled the dupes the right way. Froze the market for a few days while they poured over the logs and banned all the fuckers that exploited. So none of that shit aside the very first dupes were all contained. No other mmo ever had the balls to do this.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
They also handled the dupes the right way. Froze the market for a few days while they poured over the logs and banned all the fuckers that exploited. So none of that shit aside the very first dupes were all contained. No other mmo ever had the balls to do this.

While I agree with this to an extent, it also played a huge part in killing a game that's the economy was totally player driven. Meanwhile, I'm still having to pay 1300g for my houses but was incapable of earning money. It froze everything I was doing and, really, killed a lot of my passion.

Really at the end of the day, it was their own fault for not having a test server from the get go. I still can't believe they did that.

All that said, the game is pretty enjoyable, all the changed they've made have been for the best and the shit performance I was having in towns when I first returned was because of the event. Games smooth now.