New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Towns only downgraded from lost invasions, which is pve

Pvp only downgraded the fort if the defenders lost

Tax jacking was def a thing early on, but no one really does that anymore because all the dipshits with a poor understanding of economics have been phased out due to game changes
Ive noticed a lot of misinformation among a lot... A LOT of people. All it takes is just to pay attention to the New World Reddit to know a lot of people quit for completely made up reasons.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
1662777472480.png

1662777494824.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think such a small % of players (especially since almost all servers had the same guild controlling multiple towns) are probably misinformed because they are/were never a part of any of the proceedings. Especially with the leadership getting to pick who engaged in any defense. It's one of the reasons why I dislike limited resource contention in games - a resource in the game is controlling a city and only the officers in the controlling guild get to interact. Have that same guild control several cities and it's just a lot of people kind of pushed out of the loop on being able to interact with a reasonable portion of the game.

I think the myth of the defender/attacker ruining crafting stations stemmed largely from the fact that in the early days, they didn't even attempt to defend against invasions (due to NPC spawning bugs/etc) and instead there were constantly "defenses" for takeovers that happened and then while that was going on, shit would seemingly get randomly downgraded. All while the controlling guild/faction taxed the fuck out of the city.

Yeah, it's changed since then, but that is how it is going to look to the overwhelming majority of players who didn't control cities, or who only played during the extremely broken 3 month launch window.

I don't think it's quite misinformation as much as it is confusion over concurrency. Guilds were actively not participating in invasion defense while also actively participating in town control defense, so the timings likely confused people who weren't involved in how which thing was impacting the other thing. All while under the absolutely hilariously crushing thumb of grifters and RMT factions controlling many cities.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There was a whole bunch of bullshit going ij in the early days. Tons of bugs and lag in wars... Guilds were being called exploiters for using certain weapons which were deemed to cause lag. Ice gaunts, I mean it might have been true but WTF? youre not going to use certain weapons while the attacking team did? We had like 3 mages running those things and we were called exploiters for weeks when we took over the server. We even made deals with attacking guilds, you dont use them and we wont either. And we had like 2-3 defense wars where we didnt even use them. Oh and the hatchet bug too. When they were dishing out massive OP damage? YEah we made deals for that shit not being used either. But still called exploiters by people that never ran in a war... Then when the lag cleared up they still could not take the cities from us. It wasnt the exploits it was that we had good players that grinded their asses off and doing chest runs when the rest of the server was in their 40s. Anyway the shitty thing was being done by certain guilds was the taxes. Since they owned all the major cities where everyone crafted in and had most if not all the high level stations, they would charge huge amounts of taxes. We never really did that until the end when we switched servers, for like a week or two we maxxed the taxes so we could accumulate some funds. But by then the server was dead anyway, I think like 700 players in prime and dropping.

The invasions were not really buggy they just had certain NPC that were gods. That one mob literally one shot entire swaths of defenders and laid waste to gates and the flag in less than a minute. No fucking way anyone would beat that. By the time I quit most of us were in 600GS gear and still these invasions would kick our ass. It was impossible to defend. Not sure how it is now, if they nerfed that one mob, I forget the name but shit was really impossible. I dont think anyone beat an invasion by the time I quit. People jsut went in there for the money and the travel currency. But we all knew it was a loss once that fucking boss mob spawned in. And it was not even one, sometimes we had like 2-3 of them, loool.

Last edited:

Cybsled

I am guessing you are referring to Spriggans. They still hit like a freight train, but people in general are just better geared, so they die fast. They did nerf their gate damage slightly, though, so they don't 2 shot doors

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I see the ques are back. 500+ again..

I think a lot more players are coming back now in anticipation of the patch and expansion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Too bad the game is still ass. The core loop is just bad and there are just simply too many bugs and random issues. Zerg chest runs just isn't it. The combat is fun and the world is pretty(altho despite the world being pretty, character models are actually pretty fucking ugly compared to everything else), those are literally the only redeeming qualities of the game.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont thinkit was ass. I think it had tons of good shit, combat being one of them, the weapons swap system kinda worked too. It just wasnt ready for prime time. Just like any other mmo, from the past 10 yrs. It needed another year in the oven. Plus it needed an end game. There was jsut nothing to do other than run the same dungeons over and over plus the chest runs. But all in all it wast a bad game, shit ive played worse. Ive sunk like 700 hours into this fucker and im sure you did too Lumi. Ive had more enjoyment in this game than I did in lost ark. But then asian mmos just dont cut the mustard for me.

I think it was perfect for the start of the whole covid lockdowns and "working from home" lol.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I dont thinkit was ass. I think it had tons of good shit, combat being one of them, the weapons swap system kinda worked too. It just wasnt ready for prime time. Just like any other mmo, from the past 10 yrs. It needed another year in the oven. Plus it needed an end game. There was jsut nothing to do other than run the same dungeons over and over plus the chest runs. But all in all it wast a bad game, shit ive played worse. Ive sunk like 700 hours into this fucker and im sure you did too Lumi. Ive had more enjoyment in this game than I did in lost ark. But then asian mmos just dont cut the mustard for me.

I think it was perfect for the start of the whole covid lockdowns and "working from home" lol.
Ya it was great for the first 1,000 hours but after that it's extremely meh. Just a too poorly thought out end game and a god awfully designed PvP/town system. If the game had very few bugs/dupes/ridiculous exploits then it would honestly be in a much better spot but that simply isn't the case and I still hear massive issues across multiple spectrums of the game including massive lag issues which are just game breaking. The game to this very day could still barely be considered to be ready for release.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I put in about 300+ hours into this game before I couldn't take it anymore and left when the massive exodus happened. They've made some solid changes and I feel like the game is in a much better place than it was.

I'll be putting in some more time to see if it's worth the time. So far after a few days or so, it seems like it's going in a good direction.

Xerge

<Donor>
Says the game is ass but plays for 1000 hours. Damn dopamine is helluva drug

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Says the game is ass but plays for 1000 hours. Damn dopamine is helluva drug

Funny, but for mmo's 1000 hours isn't that much. The player base, especially hardcore, expects to be entertained for months on end. So the endgame needs to have a ton of time wasting mechanics. Hopefully, not just lame dailies.

Not being able to create an engaging endgame seems to be the downfall of most new mmo's.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ya it was great for the first 1,000 hours but after that it's extremely meh. Just a too poorly thought out end game and a god awfully designed PvP/town system. If the game had very few bugs/dupes/ridiculous exploits then it would honestly be in a much better spot but that simply isn't the case and I still hear massive issues across multiple spectrums of the game including massive lag issues which are just game breaking. The game to this very day could still barely be considered to be ready for release.
What the fuck did you do for 1000 hours?

I had a touch over 200 before I was like "what's the point?"

• 1Solidarity

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Well tbh several hundred of those hours were just me being logged in and afk but I did just about everything there was to do in the game.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

If you were fully involved with the PvP and war scene there was plenty to do. We had wars 3-5 times a week, and random PvP for trying to flip cities 2-3 times a week. And what came alondg with that is trying to get your GS as close to 600 as possible which took a lot of grinding to get your watermark up to that point.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's probably why I quit. First being that I figured out quickly that the difference between 500 and 600 GS wasn't worth the grind (was it even noticeable?), and second is that I was on one of the minority factions of the server.

Cybsled

There is absolutely a big difference between 500 and 600gs. The gains post 600 are less noticeable, but the perk power and stat boost post 500gs are very noticeable

Especially in PvP

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is absolutely a big difference between 500 and 600gs. The gains post 600 are less noticeable, but the perk power and stat boost post 500gs are very noticeable

Especially in PvP
Not in the beginning since the faction armor was broken for fiirst couople months and people figured out that the 560 or 580 or whatever it was, faction gear was the best for PvP since it mitigated the most dmg. Then later they fixed it (nerfed it) and GS started to mean a lot more.