New World

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So I played this to 53 at launch and dropped it pretty quick - I’m thinking of coming back. I literally don’t remember anything about the game so gonna roll a new character. Should I just dive in right now on an existing server or way for Tuesday when the new servers launch? That will be forcing all users to start fresh rift? Maybe I’ll relearn some shit this weekend then start fresh.

Anyone got a company planned for the new servers?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Releveling would not be that bad. However, redoing all my of various skills would be akin to slamming my balls with a hammer.

I will not start this game over.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Releveling would not be that bad. However, redoing all my of various skills would be akin to slamming my balls with a hammer.

I will not start this game over.
The entire EXP curve from crafting to leveling got revamped. From what I've heard, it really isn't that bad.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Did they ever make it so people at high level skills ACTUALLY mattered? Like specialization? In closed beta we basically said they HAVE to have people specialize at the high end and be limited or at some point everyone does everything and no one sells anything outside of some RNG items.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nope. You can spec everything. Also it can honestly be cheaper to just purchase the items over crafting them. Exception is weapons and armor as key item buffs are rarely sold on the AH. It becomes a random "good luck rolling it" sort of crafting roulette you have to play. Itemization and crafting both still need a lot of work, but it is what it is.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Basically what my guild did. We had everyone max in pretty much everything gathering, feeding the weapon crafters and others with mats every day with our CDs. We kept all the S and A tier shit and sold off all the rest which were pretty much shit but 600 so they still sold for tons. The weapon crafting shit was more of a grind from memory and if you wanted to roll 600s you needed the gear which was rare +crafting boss loot (some which didnt even drop until right before we all quit) plus all the dumb trophy shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nope. You can spec everything. Also it can honestly be cheaper to just purchase the items over crafting them. Exception is weapons and armor as key item buffs are rarely sold on the AH. It becomes a random "good luck rolling it" sort of crafting roulette you have to play. Itemization and crafting both still need a lot of work, but it is what it is.
With certain droppable items from dungeons I think you could guarantee like 2 out of 3 affixes. If I remember right. Plus there was shit you could craft, no drop that guaranteed even better. But it was no drop so...

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have run dungeons but I have not explored the crafting side of running them. I know the Gold Scarab can be used for 2 affixes. Those go for 5K each. Have not tried crafting with those. It gets expensive given the lack of a guarantee on a 600 roll. I am still working on 200 for weps. I have armor and Engineer up though.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Did they ever make it so people at high level skills ACTUALLY mattered? Like specialization? In closed beta we basically said they HAVE to have people specialize at the high end and be limited or at some point everyone does everything and no one sells anything outside of some RNG items.

Leveling crafting is still expensive as fuck. The only "cheap" way to do it is go on chest runs, salvage items, and pray you get scraps that you can use to get free crafting XP.

Besides, with their RNG crafting system (even when using items to reduce RNG), it's not like people are churning out BIS items on the cheap

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
G/f and I hopped on last night - I was unbound and she was on Valhalla, couldnt go to Valhalla so we both went to Olympus. Played through the intro bottom right of Brimstone and... its a night and day difference to the rest of the game. Doing quests and getting shit rewards all the way to 60, only to walk into Brimstone and get Legendary weapons, and Gypsum and all that shit for doing basic quests is a much more pleasurable experience. I just had to take the sting from getting legendaries out of my head by mentally thinking of them as basic gear at 610. I would have been just as happy if they gave me an epic or rare weapon at that item level but thats just a small gripe.

I knew how to craft to 600 in the past, but I havent kept up with it enough to know how crafters are competing with 625 gear now? How are they getting that extra 25 points? Just new recipes dropping out of the new dungeons or something?

Daidraco

This just popped up on my feed and it sums all of it up pretty well. What it also did.. and I did it last night and didnt even realize it.. I ACCESSED MY INVENTORY WHILE AUTO RUNNING.

Also, I dont know what changed with armor - but I dont feel like I get hurt near as bad I used to in my tank gear. G/f fell down into a spot and aggrowed the whole place, probably 8+ mobs mixed with silver elites, ghostie boi's etc. I dropped down behind her, shield taunted everything onto me, my stamina bar didnt immediately deplete like it used to. Swapping weapons was quick enough that I could swap to Hammer to keep them stunned and knocked back and switch back to s/s. She just stood behind them all and beat them down like we did it on purpose. Over all.. tanking was a hell of a lot more pleasant and idk if stuff changed or not, but man I do not remember it being fun like that. Not at all - shit was stressful more than anything.

Cybsled

I knew how to craft to 600 in the past, but I havent kept up with it enough to know how crafters are competing with 625 gear now? How are they getting that extra 25 points? Just new recipes dropping out of the new dungeons or something?

You can’t craft at 625, highest is 600. You upgrade items with umbral shards to get them to 625. Although it should be noted the improvements between 600 and 625 aren’t very large - an extra stat point and some fractions of a percentage on perks being the biggest takeaways

Also, mutations need your GS to be a certain level or you don’t do damage or take too much

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Tanking was always fun in this game and way better than any other game I have played MMO wise that I tried tanking in.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Tanking was always fun in this game and way better than any other game I have played MMO wise that I tried tanking in.
The constant knock around rag-doll shit that bigger mobs and bosses do is just not that fun to me, nor is the collision detection between players. I would like tanking in this game a 1000% more if both of those things kicked rocks.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
The constant knock around rag-doll shit that bigger mobs and bosses do is just not that fun to me, nor is the collision detection between players. I would like tanking in this game a 1000% more if both of those things kicked rocks.
They adjusted player collision with others and reduced overall push back. However don't forget, the meta for tanking was always 300 STR/200 con, not 300 con health tanking. You want the grit perk from STR to counter what you're describing, right. Grit=no push back while attacking=you attacking=you generating threat. Plus weapon swapping feels much better these days which helps tanking, i remember on release getting stuck on my warhammer bar.

300/200 point spread requires your gear to not have split stat allocation and using a 40 point con/attribute food is required as well. This is easy to get nowadays from the TP but to knock two birds one stone I suggest getting corrupted ward perked tank gear as your first set, cost more but I think its worth it. This will deal with overland content like portals and causal shit, 2 end game dungeons, plus bosses in others.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Daidraco

They adjusted player collision with others and reduced overall push back. However don't forget, the meta for tanking was always 300 STR/200 con, not 300 con health tanking. You want the grit perk from STR to counter what you're describing, right. Grit=no push back while attacking=you attacking=you generating threat. Plus weapon swapping feels much better these days which helps tanking, i remember on release getting stuck on my warhammer bar.

300/200 point spread requires your gear to not have split stat allocation and using a 40 point con/attribute food is required as well. This is easy to get nowadays from the TP but to knock two birds one stone I suggest getting corrupted ward perked tank gear as your first set, cost more but I think its worth it. This will deal with overland content like portals and causal shit, 2 end game dungeons, plus bosses in others.
I havent logged back in yet, but Ill check on that. Just from memory, you're probably right about me being health tank 300 con, not the 300 STR/200 con.

But even if I am 300 con - tanking just seemed more enjoyable.

• 1Like