New World

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
$20. A no-brainer for a game that seems to actually have put in the time to fix some growing pains - which is rare in this genre.

Gonna give it a go this weekend for the first time since beta.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't speak to how this game was at launch(didn't play), but I've been having a blast so far. The sound design in this game is incredible and I really enjoy gathering - you can definitely tell the game had a "survival" game as its base.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I can't speak to how this game was at launch(didn't play), but I've been having a blast so far. The sound design in this game is incredible and I really enjoy gathering - you can definitely tell the game had a "survival" game as its base.
Trust me it's almost exactly the same as it was at launch. Those are basically the only two positives of this game. Oh and the game looks nice...except the actual character you play. The rest is just extremely bland and unpolished and poorly thought out in general.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The early game to late game was all good. It just ran out of shit to do at max, that was the big problem and why I quit. If it wasnt for the wars we did like every week, and the prep work, I would have quit earlier than that. Like in any game like this its the people that keep you sticking around. But towards the end people were jsut falling off weekly then daily, it came to a point where we could not even field our 50 for the wars anymore.

But the leveling from 1-60 was great. good combat, many weapons to level up and use, drops were good. Named mobs everywhere dropping good shit. I even camped some here and there and made tons of gold since I was usually 10-15 levels higher than the masses while leveling. (Due to covid lockdowns and "working" from home, lol).

Main gripes was the running, high cost of TPs at the time. And whomever made brightwood zone (again the running) needs to be taken out back and beat down with a pair of combat boots. (To all of you noobs, you will see how that zone, while probably the most great looking, is fucking cancer to quest and get around in.)

Last edited:

Cybsled

Depends on what you mean by new? Brimstone Sands is well done - they have a much more cohesive story/quest experience there, a lot of interesting POI that you can either run solo or in groups, time specific spawns (ie, they only spawn at night or daytime), chest runs that take a bit more investment

Greatsword is a pretty fun weapon - you're basically Guts from Berzerk with it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Watching Twitch for some of these drops... When in game these streams on the 2nd window are lagging like fucking crazy, visually (sound is fine). Suggestions?

edit: Also getting shockingly high GPU, CPU usage from this game. Almost 95%+ at all times... Don't usually get this kinda usage. 3060ti & 5600x

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watching Twitch for some of these drops... When in game these streams on the 2nd window are lagging like fucking crazy, visually (sound is fine). Suggestions?

edit: Also getting shockingly high GPU, CPU usage from this game. Almost 95%+ at all times... Don't usually get this kinda usage. 3060ti & 5600x
Thats just New World, unfortunately. When my g/f and I both play - my central air struggles to keep up with our gaming PC's. Its dumb.

• 1Worf

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that took a surprisingly short amount of time. I am officially bored with the game. If they could just add some real carrots to this game, it would have longer legs.

The new clickie item adds very little to the game save as a Last ditch get out of trouble card. It takes way to long to power up and has no real effect except perhaps in PvP. The new gems are costly and add a little bit, but again nothing great. They missed the boat on not adding a kick ass animation with them.

The new dungeon is nice but without a real carrot for farming, it just gets old really quick. The dungeons are rarely populated. There is nothing that makes me want to go back into a dungeon once I have done what had to be done for the quest line and extra slot item. That is one trip.

The loot system needs a complete rework. No system succeeds if a player is destroying 99.9% of what they get. Dungeons are where the best loot should come from. It should be obviously better and not this generic "best in slot for this situation only" kind of loot. I do not mind a resistance system but it needs to be separate from armor. Having to rely on resistance as one stat on the armor is boring and creates a drudgery of having to maintain multiple armor sets for different areas.

Chests are way to abundant. A chest is nothing special if they exist around every corner. This expansion felt the need to control bots despite not having a problem with them when it came to chests. The system already worked and yet they introduced creature summoning double opening chests that just serve to irritate the average player. Add to this doors that shut in 10 seconds and I really question the longevity of this game now.

Mounts are not going to suddenly make players return. That is a nice feature, but a player will mount up, go faster to a POI and then wonder what the "I" actually stands for.

There needs to be real carrots and none exist in this game. It was fun exploring for a couple of weeks and cost me nothing more save time.

Cybsled

On the topic of bots, they have been somewhat absent from the Brimstone zone, which is interesting. And nice. I've actually been able to harvest high end materials.

Of even greater interest, I have noticed the gold farmers returning to the old ways: Actual humans playing shared accounts. They're clearly farmers, but you can 100% tell they aren't bots because you can get them pissed off lol

• 1Worf

Xerge

<Donor>
Well that took a surprisingly short amount of time. I am officially bored with the game. If they could just add some real carrots to this game, it would have longer legs.

The new clickie item adds very little to the game save as a Last ditch get out of trouble card. It takes way to long to power up and has no real effect except perhaps in PvP. The new gems are costly and add a little bit, but again nothing great. They missed the boat on not adding a kick ass animation with them.

The new dungeon is nice but without a real carrot for farming, it just gets old really quick. The dungeons are rarely populated. There is nothing that makes me want to go back into a dungeon once I have done what had to be done for the quest line and extra slot item. That is one trip.

The loot system needs a complete rework. No system succeeds if a player is destroying 99.9% of what they get. Dungeons are where the best loot should come from. It should be obviously better and not this generic "best in slot for this situation only" kind of loot. I do not mind a resistance system but it needs to be separate from armor. Having to rely on resistance as one stat on the armor is boring and creates a drudgery of having to maintain multiple armor sets for different areas.

Chests are way to abundant. A chest is nothing special if they exist around every corner. This expansion felt the need to control bots despite not having a problem with them when it came to chests. The system already worked and yet they introduced creature summoning double opening chests that just serve to irritate the average player. Add to this doors that shut in 10 seconds and I really question the longevity of this game now.

Mounts are not going to suddenly make players return. That is a nice feature, but a player will mount up, go faster to a POI and then wonder what the "I" actually stands for.

There needs to be real carrots and none exist in this game. It was fun exploring for a couple of weeks and cost me nothing more save time.
of course people will return for mounts, just like you would return for a 'carrot' to chase. Players will also return for the first raid as well, and each time this happens the game gains lasting players. Funny how that works eh?