New World

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Thought I'd jot down some impressions of the game from a new player starting after the Brimstone Sands patches:

• Overall I'm enjoying the game. The new leveling process seems good at introducing most of the core new systems and teaching you how to play the game. Content does start to get a little more repetitive around level 28-32 which is where I am now. I've only encountered one "dungeon" and it is pretty uninspiring so you pretty much have to grind to level.
  • I think the environments are pretty gorgeous and interesting. I like how they blend. Some very inspiring vistas and cool vegetation. It feels pretty authentic. 3090 with all graphics maxed so not sure how your mileage may vary.
  • Have only encountered a few bugs with quests not completing. Other than that, solid performance, no drops or DCs, no problem logging in (Camelot). Seems performative overall.
  • Community has been nice. Interesting blend of no-lifers and casuals. Chat is "chatty" but not necessarily in a bad way. Has been easy to find groups on the rare occasion I want them and there is lots of LFG and other content (events) which seem easy to join. Basically, I like the vibe. It isn't super toxic.
  • No experience yet with real PvP. A few encounters with people flagged out in the world.
  • I like the weapon variation. Took me a long time to settle on a weapon and even then using an off-hand non-main seems fine for a bit of diversity. Mostly I'm forming a tank role with SS and Hatchets but in PvE it doesn't matter at all. Sometimes I switch out to Musket just to shoot things in the head for a bit. It is clearly suboptimal but who cares when you are off by yourself shooting crocs or something. Clearly you have a min-max path for stats and abilities which is easy to follow as long as you are not braindead.
  • Monster variety is bad. They need to get some different monsters in there. It feels like there are 5 monster-types in the whole game, which is obviously wrong but also indicative of how cookie-cutter the mobs are. This is likely my main issue with the game and adds to the feeling of repetition.
  • Itemization is pretty boring so far but what do you expect? I find it weird that you can only DE garbage stuff and not sell it to vendors so a lot of the time I barely glance at equipment before destroying it. Suffers from the stats randomization problem of +STR and +FOCUS. Ugh.
  • I like the crafting aspect of the game. I'm mining, skinning, herbalizing and whatever pretty regularly. Its fine if you are into it. The production side seems a little off. Mostly what I can make is garbage compared to what I can find so it seems like you have to be committed to the long game if you want to invest in production skills. Cooking is easy and fine to level and seems like a good pickup.
  • Basically, a lot better than I was expecting and worth some playtime. I imagine I will level to 60 and then see what PvP is like a little more seriously. It isn't terrible and it isn't buggy or shitty. It could be a little more interesting but maybe that will grow as I get into some higher-level zones.
  • 7/10 from me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not all of the newbie areas have received a makeover. I didnt see a single change or quest added to First Light for example. They could definitely add some flavor to the basic lost with like different wardrobes or something, since thats mostly what you see at low levels. Then add in some different models for ghosts that represent their element, instead of just the basic reshades since they come in second place (imo).

Regardless, Im not going to tell anyone to come back to the game or try it out for the first time until they add mounts. 20+ new shrines on the map I need to pick up, but I still find myself walking for 5-10 minutes in one direction or another. I know people dismiss the travel time because its so much better than it used to be, but I think its still atrocious. Nevermind the johnny retards that think walking everywhere at a snails pace was great from the very release of the game.

Xerge

<Donor>
Thought I'd jot down some impressions of the game from a new player starting after the Brimstone Sands patches:

• Overall I'm enjoying the game. The new leveling process seems good at introducing most of the core new systems and teaching you how to play the game. Content does start to get a little more repetitive around level 28-32 which is where I am now. I've only encountered one "dungeon" and it is pretty uninspiring so you pretty much have to grind to level.
I hope that pain point gets addressed; each level bracket gets tiresome near the end bc you out level the dungeon and are close to unlocking the next repeatables at 33/43/53.

Cybsled

Most of the new player experience was focused on Monarch's Bluff and Everfall. They plan to revamp the other zones later.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I hope that pain point gets addressed; each level bracket gets tiresome near the end bc you out level the dungeon and are close to unlocking the next repeatables at 33/43/53.
The biggest BS was at like lv 55ish or thereabouts where you essentially ran out of everything. Until then there was some rough spots they need to fill in a bit but the 50s were fucking awful. Plus the fucking running, ugh...

Daidraco

The biggest BS was at like lv 55ish or thereabouts where you essentially ran out of everything. Until then there was some rough spots they need to fill in a bit but the 50s were fucking awful. Plus the fucking running, ugh...
Theres like this point around 55, as you said, where the available quests I had were too fucking hard to solo and I had no other choices but to grind dungeons, or do town board missions over and over and over. Im in the late 100's for rep in Windsward because of this.

Xerge

<Donor>
Decent numbers, 93k/189k viewers on a Tuesday afternoon. Anyone fighting the queue boss? I'll pass on releveling life skills, thanks lol. 100k was the betting number
1667415658902.png

1667415901772.png

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am currently engaged with the queue boss. Fucking was there minute one and didn't realize that character creation doesn't mean you made it past the queue. Woulda rushed that shit more had I known.

Also, fuck this is a slow queue.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, also getting assfucked by the queue. Went from 1212 to 1194 in about 25 minutes lol. I really don't understand why they don't have an afk autokick for the first 30 days or so.

Daidraco

Decent numbers, 93k/189k viewers on a Tuesday afternoon. Anyone fighting the queue boss? I'll pass on releveling life skills, thanks lol. 100k was the betting number
View attachment 441072

View attachment 441075
Its pretty cool to see it come back up in relevance when not even that long ago, it looked like it was going to shut down within a years time. The hours played stretched out across all those games is crazy though. I know tons of people that have hundreds, if not, over a thousand hours in New World and its not even a leader here lol.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Also I hear ppl are claiming the prime amazon pack on their new characters for cheesy azoth vials.

Xerge

<Donor>
Its pretty cool to see it come back up in relevance when not even that long ago, it looked like it was going to shut down within a years time. The hours played stretched out across all those games is crazy though. I know tons of people that have hundreds, if not, over a thousand hours in New World and its not even a leader here lol.
Watching asmon play and its fun watching his reaction to changes

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The 3 US east fresh starts are full, They have already added a handful more

The 4 original planned are full, Tried getting in on Sentinel and hit a Queue of 1200

every fresh start has a queue of around 1200-2000 - So they are gonna keep adding new servers and then have 12 servers with no population when the first day drop off hits

Last edited:

Daidraco

The 3 US east fresh starts are full, They have already added a handful more
Lord, I hope those cross server changes are coming sometime soon. I know more than a few people that are playing on the fresh starts with friends that are going to immediately bail back to the old servers if their friends flake (like they did the first time.) I just hope for their sake, that that means they didnt need to delete their old character. Maybe buy a new box? idk. I havent tried lol.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
7 US east servers now - all full with 14k in queue between them. I can see maybe 2 more servers coming up and then stopping. They know they will die, so no reason to make more.

All but 1 are closed now to character gen

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Really smart of them to also offer a 50% off for a week.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users