New World

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
On the topic of bots, they have been somewhat absent from the Brimstone zone, which is interesting. And nice. I've actually been able to harvest high end materials.

Of even greater interest, I have noticed the gold farmers returning to the old ways: Actual humans playing shared accounts. They're clearly farmers, but you can 100% tell they aren't bots because you can get them pissed off lol

There's a farmer in Great Cleave who farms Wyrdwood after 12pm EST that I grief all the time. It's pretty funny.

As for my own adventures, I am still enjoying the game, I've completed every quest except a few elite ones and a couple of dungeon quests. I've begun working on leveling all professions, with my favorite being the largest pain in the butt (furnishing). So far, everything is above 150 and with how stressful life has been as of late, it's honestly just a chill time and helps me relax.

ALmost all my expertise are at 600, once that happens I'll start farming weapons to lvl 20. It goes super fast and can be done in like 3 world tours.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hexadeimos

Trakanon Raider
There's a farmer in Great Cleave who farms Wyrdwood after 12pm EST that I grief all the time. It's pretty funny.

As for my own adventures, I am still enjoying the game, I've completed every quest except a few elite ones and a couple of dungeon quests. I've begun working on leveling all professions, with my favorite being the largest pain in the butt (furnishing). So far, everything is above 150 and with how stressful life has been as of late, it's honestly just a chill time and helps me relax.

ALmost all my expertise are at 600, once that happens I'll start farming weapons to lvl 20. It goes super fast and can be done in like 3 world tours.
Are the world tours, or chest runs or whatever they are called still a thing? I know they were cheesy, but they were also a heap of fun to be part of.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Are the world tours, or chest runs or whatever they are called still a thing? I know they were cheesy, but they were also a heap of fun to be part of.

yep, it’s a good way to farm crafting mats, recipes, gems, gypsum and level weapons. Multiple full world tours happen every day, usually.

Cybsled

In Brimstone anyways, I am also pretty sure AGS loosened up the "if there are too many people, the bosses won't drop anything" rule. I've been on multiple chest runs there and the bosses have been dropping loot pretty regularly.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
In Brimstone anyways, I am also pretty sure AGS loosened up the "if there are too many people, the bosses won't drop anything" rule. I've been on multiple chest runs there and the bosses have been dropping loot pretty regularly.

that was abolished when gypsum’s came into the game, thankfully.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Won't give the game anymore of my time until they break down and release a PvP server. So never.

Cybsled

Not sure what difference a forced PVP server would make, beyond having a shitty population.

• 1Truth!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure what difference a forced PVP server would make, beyond having a shitty population.
At this point, I just want them to release one so people will shut the fuck up about it already.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Is a numbers game just like in all open world pvp games. We had plenty of PvP in this game while trying to flip territories doing the pvp missions. They bring 10 we have 15 so they bring 20 more and so on... Its never a fair fight only "fair" fights were the wars. Most happened close to city too so whenever they were in trouble or us for that matter we would fuck off to safety of the city and then proceed to taunt eachother for a hour. I dont understand why anyone would want forced pvp which is basically letting the griefers go loose. IT adds nothing to the game other then grief for the majority of the people. cOmes down to the sheep and wolves thing, all the sheep fuck off and quit ot change servers and then the wolves quit too because there is no one left to grief.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
The signs of this games full loot FFA PvP origins are still present in its DNA. There are absolutely enough people asking for it out there to justify ONE fucking server.

It doesn't even have to be full loot. Inventory drop, keep your equipped items, forced flag outside of town. Actually make the marketplace mean something since you can't farm with impunity.

Cybsled

Aka

1) I want to kill bots mining an oracalcum node...which will go extinct because the profits wont be there
2) I want to gank unsuspecting people where I am given a massive advantage because I attacked first

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I mean fuck it, give them what they want. I just think it will fail within a few months, empty server.

• 1Like

yerm

If you open a loothappy full pvp server, all the people who want it get it and can either be happy or be told to fuck off if they aren't. The people who don't want it and hate the people who do get to wave goodbye. It's win win for everyone.

• 1Like

skylan

Trakanon Raider
Well I picked this up after not having played since beta. I was super unimpressed by beta so that first impression plus the reviews and dupe bugs and all that kept me away until it went on sale a couple weeks ago.

I have no idea what the end game is like or if I'll enjoy it at all. Probably not because I don't really care for pvp. But it's absolutely worth the $20 for a first time character's trip to max level I would say. I'm really impressed with how much further along it is than when I played in beta. Combat is great, it's a beautiful game, audio is (or was.. see below) immersive. I can see how the gathering will become tedious but it's been enjoyable at lower levels, I'm only 25.

But fuck amazon customer support. My audio has become corrupted such that the title screen music and the main music in game don't play. Despite the checking file integrity in steam, uninstalling reinstalling game, updating drivers etc.. nothing fixes it. Amazon cs has been worthless and has offered nothing beyond the opportunity of repeating myself thousands of times. Doesn't seem like a big deal but when you're running around and only the ambient background music is playing you're basically listening to an incomplete song or dead silence the entire time.

Daidraco

Well I picked this up after not having played since beta. I was super unimpressed by beta so that first impression plus the reviews and dupe bugs and all that kept me away until it went on sale a couple weeks ago.

I have no idea what the end game is like or if I'll enjoy it at all. Probably not because I don't really care for pvp. But it's absolutely worth the $20 for a first time character's trip to max level I would say. I'm really impressed with how much further along it is than when I played in beta. Combat is great, it's a beautiful game, audio is (or was.. see below) immersive. I can see how the gathering will become tedious but it's been enjoyable at lower levels, I'm only 25.

But fuck amazon customer support. My audio has become corrupted such that the title screen music and the main music in game don't play. Despite the checking file integrity in steam, uninstalling reinstalling game, updating drivers etc.. nothing fixes it. Amazon cs has been worthless and has offered nothing beyond the opportunity of repeating myself thousands of times. Doesn't seem like a big deal but when you're running around and only the ambient background music is playing you're basically listening to an incomplete song or dead silence the entire time.
Havent heard this problem before. Have you found other people with it? If so, Im curious if there is some kind of similarity between your hardware and theirs? I can play this game flawlessly on my home media PC, my work PC, and my laptop - all of which are vastly different in capability. My g/f had a peak power draw problem when this game first came out on her PC, but that was a combination of the game putting the video card into a persistent peak power draw state and me not having a good power supply (at the time) to choose from when I originally built the PC during the beginning of the COVID supply drought.
I mean fuck it, give them what they want. I just think it will fail within a few months, empty server.
Which is all I really want out of this conversation. Just give them a server, enable PVP from the start, and disable the UI and command line to toggle PVP off. There, done - let them go at it. Little to no dev cost and we get the added benefit of never having to hear about the shit again.
Albion is full loot pvp...
The gearing treadmill is vastly different between Albion and New World. I dont even understand why you would bring Albion up as some kind of example in this conversation.

skylan

Trakanon Raider
It seems to be a pretty unique issue. I've seen some forum posts about npc voiceovers not working or other corrupted audio issues, but I've never seen a proposed fix beyond the recommendation to check file integrity. Seems like all of those posts get the token greeting from a cs rep and then no follow up.