New World

Xerge

<Donor>
Nevermind. Just watched a video to check out what's been going on and folks are talking about needing to change armor sets often. Screw that. I hate when games make you walk around with multiple outfits, or store multiple outfits. It just gets tedious to me.
This is why my crew stop playing every time we try and come back. The game isn't going to be in good shape until the end of summer; you'll have xmog and gear sets by then

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nevermind. Just watched a video to check out what's been going on and folks are talking about needing to change armor sets often. Screw that. I hate when games make you walk around with multiple outfits, or store multiple outfits. It just gets tedious to me.
Like Xerge Xerge said, they intend on putting in an equipment manager so you can quickly put on a different set of armor. Im skeptical about how they'll implement it - but if its anything like how FFXIV handles gear sets, itll be a game changer. But yes, I agree that switching gear as much as they want you too is just fucking awful with or without an equipment manager.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Does unequipped gear in your inventory still take damage upon death as well? That was item#231 that drove me away at release :p

• 1Truth!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Being one of the first to do the 2 end game dungeons on my server it was horrible to lose durability on all of your shit. I remember one run we did right after we ran the chests in a few places and my inv was full of decent shit high level for that time like 570-590 that sold well and a few wipes later all the shit was fucked. At least I learned my lesson and had empty inv from that time on when doing dungeons, lol.

I think that first run through that one dungeon with the snake bitch, the one where she painted the floor with explosion AOE spot targeted on each person you had to avoid? I think we wiped on her like 20 times if not more. We were all pretty much done at that time but we had one of those moments where everything clicked and we finally beat her. The last boss we one shot.

Cybsled

For PVE it is completely possible to do stuff without a traditional tank, but you'd need DPS that can iframe dodge like masters

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I loved tanking in this game. Its how I always imagined tanking to be in a MMO. True, you had a lot of knockback by some bosses but all in all it was great to be a tank in this game. Sword and board baby!

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For PVE it is completely possible to do stuff without a traditional tank, but you'd need DPS that can iframe dodge like masters
True, moreso now than back during the days of release, but tanks always made shit easier. They actually had taunt that worked with the shield bash and it was easy to take aggro right back when some DPS stole it. I could not even imagine doing those high end dungeons without a tank. Since most DPS would just get 1-2 shot.

Cybsled

They toned down the knockback you saw early on, so you aren't getting yeeted half a mile anymore

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I would think you still needed a tank and heals for any indoor instance dungeon. But I have not played for like a year or more now.

Cybsled

You can't run mutations without a tank.

You can in a manner of speaking, but you need PVE demons geared out and some muts are easier to run with all DPS + 1 healer.

Shard sellers used to sell m10s to Genesis on my server and they were all hatchet DPS with 1 heal

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
  • By the end of 2023, the team plans to have the full 1-60 Tempest storyline revamped.
  • “While it may feel like we are not paying attention [to complaints and issues], in a lot of cases we are, but we don’t want to talk about it and say, ‘We’re working on this thing that’s going to take us three months,’ which sounds disingenuous.”
  • “We’re trying to be super-communicative.”
  • The security team is creating all sorts of anti-bot scripts but doesn’t want to tip its hand to the actual botters as to what it’s doing. “Bots be bottin’, we be combatin’.”
  • There are some armor changes coming in the near future. Light armor will become more risky to use in exchange for higher damage.
  • Blue healing, oblivion, and ice storms are coming to PvP and wars. “We’re not just a PvE game.”
  • The musket is about to get some serious dev love. “We’re going to be taking more drastic measures” by looking at its accuracy and a nerf to mortal empowerment.
  • They want to reduce the portal frequency to make them more of an exciting and rewarding event.
  • Balancing between PvP and PvE weapons is difficult but the team is working on it. Amazon didn’t exactly comment when asked if it would be separating PvP and PvE stats in gear like many other MMOs do. “We agree that something needs to be done,” however.
  • Alas, hippos are not coming to New World this year. Deal with it.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So nothing is really happening to make the game actually exciting to play over what already exists. 1-60 is not the games problem. What the actual fuck.

The games problem revolves around a tedious high end game that lacks any kind of exciting loot or real purpose beyond repeating the same thing over and over again. I do not mind repetition if the reward makes it all worthwhile. Having high end expensive armor that is 5% better than what the cheap stuff is, is not how I define exciting. Obviously some players are fine with the zerg and farm millions of chests mentality. It is fun the first 10 times until you begin to realize how boring it is. The tougher dungeons would be worth the effort if the loot was worth doing them for. Going from 600-625 actually does take time but rewards so little for the effort. It just becomes pointless once you have seen everything a few times.

This game already has population issues that will become dramatic once newer MMO"s start to surface.

Xerge

<Donor>
may be the biggest fanboy here for the game but it's literally not looking playable until the summer. Disappoint

Cybsled

The color coded AoE in PvP will have a huge impact on the game in wars

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
I thought it was a big deal but they insisted it was only for wars. if it's game wide it'll be a game changer.

• 1Like

Cybsled

It really only has a notable impact on wars (and maybe OPR). If you have a better idea where enemy healing is centered, then it is easier to do area denial in those areas. You can also better prepare if you know an AOE is enemy vs friendly and use that to change player behaviors.

For example, there are lots of ice storms. Usually you just assume they are enemy and act accordingly. But what if only 1 out of the 4 storms were enemy storms? Now it doesn’t look as daunting, so you may charge in now