New World

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw this thread on reddit where someones grandma had 497 hours played for this game. I look up mine thinking I had like 1100-1200 hours played. Come to find out I have 802.5 hours. G/f thinks she played more than me, I think she played less. Look hers up and .. shes right, at 804 hours. Even though I log in once in a blue moon now and she logs in for an hour or two every week or two - Im still shocked that she caught up with the no life MMO attitude I had with this game when it first came out.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Saw this thread on reddit where someones grandma had 497 hours played for this game. I look up mine thinking I had like 1100-1200 hours played. Come to find out I have 802.5 hours. G/f thinks she played more than me, I think she played less. Look hers up and .. shes right, at 804 hours. Even though I log in once in a blue moon now and she logs in for an hour or two every week or two - Im still shocked that she caught up with the no life MMO attitude I had with this game when it first came out.
I sure did play the game a lot for all of the criticizing I have done against it. I have not played this year. I have 939 hours played. I cannot even imagine the hours I would play if the game had a better endgame/gear system.

If you are wondering, all of my crafting is maxed and my weapons are all maxed. I collected crafting material.....a....lot. I have 225k just sitting for when I like the game again.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

I sure did play the game a lot for all of the criticizing I have done against it. I have not played this year. I have 939 hours played. I cannot even imagine the hours I would play if the game had a better endgame/gear system.

If you are wondering, all of my crafting is maxed and my weapons are all maxed. I collected crafting material.....a....lot. I have 225k just sitting for when I like the game again.
When I was starting to get bored with the game - I was just farming and crafting my daily allotments of materials and selling them. Not long after getting 500k gold saved - I noticed that all I could do at that point was save the materials I was selling.. but then .. I just lost all interest. Like you said, the end game is a complete let down in this game.

Xerge

<Donor>
I still log in about once a week and run around, usually just collecting because tbh the game world still holds up. They're implementing 3 month long seasons to the game which I think will benefit it a lot. Each season will have reward tracks to level up; a free and paid version. Paid track works out to be 20 bucks for the three months.

The game is chugging along but god damn, they need the entire year's roadmap all at once.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

She's a keeper! As someone married to a 900 dps hunter in WOTLK I'm an expert on missed connections and relationships that could've been :*( /hides

/jk of course

Daidraco

Big patch later today - Start of season 1

The rewards better be "fire" or the season is going to fall flat. That one armor in that link looks "ok" but ever since I saw the interview of the devs that design the armor - Im just convinced that they need at least one fucking guy in that department. Why the fuck its all women is beyond me and you can really see the lack of testosterone in the armor designs. The armor designs before retail release are clearly designed by other people.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That is one thing you can say about this game, there is no shortage of boring, generic looking armor.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

That is one thing you can say about this game, there is no shortage of boring, generic looking armor.
Hate to be on the He-Man Woman Haters Club for this, but its true. The most intricate armors is always the fucking Living Earth bullshit that makes your character look like a straight up cosplay tranny.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Hate to be on the He-Man Woman Haters Club for this, but its true. The most intricate armors is always the fucking Living Earth bullshit that makes your character look like a straight up cosplay tranny.
Cosplay?

• 1Worf

Cybsled

The game has a really odd armor skin issue: The ingame drops look decent many times, but the paid skins frequently look like ass with some rare exceptions. The last paid skin that looked really nice was the winged knight set, which came out a year ago

Cybsled

Speaking of gear, apparently the patch caused some people to spawn into the game naked and unable to move, with all their gear missing lol

Argarth

On the verandah
I should have bought this last time it was on sale. Only other MMO with Oz servers too. Would be a good time-sink until D4 lands.

• 2Like

Xerge

<Donor>
The rewards better be "fire" or the season is going to fall flat. That one armor in that link looks "ok" but ever since I saw the interview of the devs that design the armor - Im just convinced that they need at least one fucking guy in that department. Why the fuck its all women is beyond me and you can really see the lack of testosterone in the armor designs. The armor designs before retail release are clearly designed by other people.
There's gotta be truth to this. My buddy and I got his g/f into New World and she is just loving some of the armor skins that us guys go wtf..

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Well, I'm officially done with this incompetent team. You'd think with Amazon's resources they could put together something that works, at the very least. But no... this whole thing is a dumpster fire as far as I'm concerned. I gave it a fair shot, then took a break and came back... gave it another shot. Nope, still shit. Goodbye, Valhalla. :(

Daidraco

Well, I'm officially done with this incompetent team. You'd think with Amazon's resources they could put together something that works, at the very least. But no... this whole thing is a dumpster fire as far as I'm concerned. I gave it a fair shot, then took a break and came back... gave it another shot. Nope, still shit. Goodbye, Valhalla. :(
I havent gotten around to patching it up and playing this new bit of content. I thought the new dungeon looked pretty good in a casual sense.
Care to elaborate on the devs newest incompetence?

Cybsled

The PVP Meta got shaken up hard is one thing. I feel like I have a fraction of the survivability I used to have

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The PVP Meta got shaken up hard is one thing. I feel like I have a fraction of the survivability I used to have
Yeah from waht I have heard its ranged only now. If youre melee youre fucked. Hatchets healing nerfed i used to be like 20% healing or some shit? Now its 5% leech.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I didn't give specifics on purpose. When I said "incompetence", I meant that as an overall, general assessment. From the little things like an inability to sort alphabetically or keeping pop-ups from following your cursor and blocking the screen, to game mechanic just not working at all. Lag, stuttering, etc. I mean fuck... the list goes on. If folks are enjoying it, more power to them... but my glass of copium is empty.

Cybsled

I don't get much stuttering/lag, although I turned down my graphics settings to make the 50v50 shit perform better