New World

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Are the Alpha testers going to get automatic invites? I wanted to play a bit more before making a decision to buy the game, or not. I wonder if you can buy it on Steam and then return it if you don't like the game before the beta is up?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
39 (Virginia) and 45 (Ohio) to East servers from Texas, 52(Cal) and 67(Oregon) to West. Factions do seem very Secret World.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hm, 53/51 to virginia / ohio for me from iowa, too bad there wasn't a server in chicago or dallas (usually get30 or less to either of those).

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
Just FYI Amazon is pretty much paying streamers to all play on the same server, Yama US East - avoid it or not

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just FYI Amazon is pretty much paying streamers to all play on the same server, Yama US East - avoid it or not
This provides some potential rewards if you play there. It means you'll get some big dick excel spreadsheet guilds cranking up their towns, actual wars scheduled regularly, and probably a lot of OW PVP. It also means you'll have people looking to just be shitbags, a bunch of people who don't want to play just be near their favorite streamer, and when the streamers quit the guild will probably implode.

Kinda 50/50. If you don't have anyone to play with probably not a bad idea to just join that and join mega guild. If you've got a posse probably better off trying another server and avoiding the keyboard drooling tiktokers.

• 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
This provides some potential rewards if you play there. It means you'll get some big dick excel spreadsheet guilds cranking up their towns, actual wars scheduled regularly, and probably a lot of OW PVP. It also means you'll have people looking to just be shitbags, a bunch of people who don't want to play just be near their favorite streamer, and when the streamers quit the guild will probably implode.

Kinda 50/50. If you don't have anyone to play with probably not a bad idea to just join that and join mega guild. If you've got a posse probably better off trying another server and avoiding the keyboard drooling tiktokers.
I want a max level on both Atlantis and Yama. I think it'll be beneficial to multiserver for maximum fun.

• 1Like

Lasch

Trakanon Raider

So, right outside Washington DC or Portland are the only 2 fucking options for NA server locations? Am I misreading this?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least we got 2 :p Look at the other continents , they get 1 location.Some not even that, lol asia.

Maybe it will spread out for release, who knows.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
At least ya'll got separated from Brazilians. Europeans are fucked, the French gamers will be everywhere. For you Americans that don't know, the French are European's Brazil equivalent. Every bity as annoying, every bit as spammy, every bit as bad at the game and every bit as stubborn to speak English at all.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Xevy

Log Wizard

So, right outside Washington DC or Portland are the only 2 fucking options for NA server locations? Am I misreading this?
Seems right. My ping was like 73 to their Washington DC server though on the server login screen which is really, really bad. SO it may be worse than we even think.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
At least ya'll got separated from Brazilians. Europeans are fucked, the French gamers will be everywhere. For you Americans that don't know, the French are European's Brazil equivalent. Every bity as annoying, every bit as spammy, every bit as bad at the game and every bit as stubborn to speak English at all.

With our Brazilian's though, we get all that, AND their shitty internets / ping time making pvp impossible..they were a nightmare in Planetside 2. Glad we're separated lol

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

Based on these server locations, I must ask...how many genders are there currently and will all 59(?) be available at release?

• 1Worf

xmod2

<Gold Donor>

I'd guess us-east-1, us-west-2, eu-central-1, ap-southeast-2, and sa-east-1 aws regions.

• 1Truth!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL you people are acting like this is release or some shit. Its a 2 week beta where it all gets wiped anyway. Why burn yourself out on the game like a month before it even releases?

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think because the beta/alpha, whatever they're calling it was too limited a lot of people have no idea what it's like so they're chomping at the bit to play. I agree they definitely shouldn't full poopsock it though, just get on, get some friends, level a bit, maybe craft a bit, see if you can OW PVP and that's about all you need. If you grind to 60 and try to do Wars and 20v20's this early you'll hate release in a month.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Basically. I am going to mess with weapons, crafting, housing, etc Just figure out all the systems and the big one, is the game fun enough to continue into release.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The french players(and germans, spanish and italians) usually pick a server as an unofficial server, so they can speak french there and shit. Same on every mmo I played. Like on XIV, that server is Moogle and people often hate on the Moogle players in savage and stuff, cause they tend to be toxic retards. I usually avoid playing with other french ppl for that reason and know a few other french that also avoid the french servers. Ultimately it tends to self contain itself. Just need to make sure you do your research and don't pick that server.