New World

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Not a bad game but not great so far. I hit level 10 and I'm just dicking around and not rushing through anything. It almost seems like this is elder scrolls online 2.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think a lot of people love the launch time and newness of most moms.
Approve South Park GIF

• 8Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This game is pretty tight. Graphics are impressive and the combat is somewhat fun, better than just auto attack.

Crafting is the real gem of this game it seems, they put a lot of thought into it from what I've seen so far.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
I'll see you in a couple weeks when the game is dead.

Genuinely hope I'm wrong, but there's a lot of copium being passed around.
Yeah. You sure will 🤷‍♂️

Do you fun?

Edit: I think the game will be successful on release. You're fucking edgelording

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this a joke?
How the hell are there queues from a company who has unlimited amount of servers, all over the world, and unlimited money.

• 1Seriously?

Xevy

Log Wizard
PVP is really bad at low level, by the way. Until you're deeper into weapons and have slows/cleanses you're just gonna get into a click-off with melee most likely. So don't feel too bad not flagging until later. Definitely do the non-pvp quests for your faction though and buy that lvl 15 gear!

Overall PVP is just who has a larger group for the most part. I've been ganked by a group of 7, I've been a group fo 3 killing a single guy, I've had maybe three instances of 1v1 out of 10+ fights and they were alright but early on some weapons DEVASTATE other weapon sets. That and a lvl 12 having 1300hp and a lvl 15 having 2600hp is somewhat of a problem because your faction gear is +constitution out the ass so the second you get that set on you're MUCH meatier.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
WTF is copium? People making up words now because they are upset someone enjoys something they don't? I stopped worrying about how long a game will last me years ago. Play games you have fun in and keep going until you are bored. Stop worrying about what others play without you. There's plenty of options these days.

As for this game, its still fun, how long that last who knows. So far I can see myself playing at least until Lost Ark is out, as that is a game i've tried before and really had fun but wanted to wait for western release. If all lost world does is give me a month or two until that game, so be it. Not looking for 10 year commitments out of my video games, though if that happens even better.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I pretty much will be wiling to spend 40-60 bucks on a game if it gives me at least 40 hours of gameplay. Means most single player games are out, but games like these easily hit that mark. A dollar an hour or better entertainment? I'll take it.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lol the queue times are tremendous.

Suddene, the server I picked, is fucking FULL, like maximum, cant even select it because its greyed out full.

Every single other server in US East had a 45 min plus queue, some of them were like 4 hours, 3 hours etc. I actually got kicked from server because I had went to the bathroom and made something to eat and forgot to click and move. Sadly that is the end of my session for today lol.

First impressions are sexy. The graphics are the best I ever seen in an MMO, the itemization seems decent enough. Im only lvl 6 so I havent done any PVP obviously but that is where this game will either live or die for me. And from what people are saying its promising.

Im going bow. I tried spear and flame mage so far. But I think bow-> hunter will end up being the cats meow when it comes to PVP.

• 1Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
So when I logged on earlier, I got a musket and a life staff just at random in the first chest I opened. While on the starter beach I also got some plate armor and gloves, lots of ammo, etc. I figured out that you can make and equip all of the starter tools, so you can get a head start of gathering. I level up musket to 2, Life Staff and Sword and Shield to 5 and run around a bit. It was a really nice experience. After work I log back in, Atlantis is locked, so I can't get back to my character and have to start over on some random server with the shortest queue.. The equipment I got previously was totally luck of draw; this time, all I got was bows, flat bows. The quest bow was better but meh. I picked up plenty of ammo, I guess but the bow didn't feel like as good a comp weapon. Everyone was running around with different weapons at low levels but I couldn't find anything other than the starter sword to save my life, and no one was answering questions. The resources seemed different (never found Hemp to make a fishing pole) and the quest giver on the starter beach was a different NPC as well, although the quests were the same.

Maybe it will be upcoming but at level 7 you would think I would have stumbled across the intro to other weapons at this point.

Edit: LOL at Jozu and my differing opinions but I much preferred the staff. I really thought I would go hammer but who knows? I liked the life staff so much, I need to keep my options open and see how Greedfall Online plays out.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
5 new servers stood up with no queues and low pops. I got kicked in the time I wrote that. Now two servers I am locked out of today. So servers aren't scalable themselves it seems. Who TF did their architecture? Hopefully this is their stress test and they are learning they have already fucked up and are thinking about that you don't need 1000x servers which will inevitably need to be consolidated. So 2011.

• 1Like

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Yo this is a pre-order closed beta one month from release on the first day, I hope they are literally starting small and seeing how shit goes so they can figure it all out at release in a month and change. I would imagine they have the resources and capability (presumably). But yeah queues are so blizz and tired.

You fucking people lol

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
5 new servers stood up with no queues and low pops. I got kicked in the time I wrote that. Now two servers I am locked out of today. So servers aren't scalable themselves it seems. Who TF did their architecture? Hopefully this is their stress test and they are learning they have already fucked up and are thinking about that you don't need 1000x servers which will inevitably need to be consolidated. So 2011.
They should reach out to Microsoft and see if they can get a scalable Azure solution.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
I preordered this last night on Amazon. Do they just email you the steam code or is there something else I need to do?

• 2Like

jonoki

Molten Core Raider
Beta test was just automatically added to the steam library but you needed to add by the 17th or some shit. I think now if your order there's a 48 hour window but I'm not sure about that.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have only been playing for an hour or so and have already ran into groups of gathering bots. lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf