New World

nu_11

Looks like EVGA fan controllers were the cause of the hardware failures. The fan speed problem is reproducible at 60 fps and in other games

Teaser.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Could this not be solved by a simple program like MSI afterburner and controlling fan speed by built in curves? I have a 3070 and I was using MSI afterburner and I had no issues.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
As far as I can tell from various streamers: Naked lvl25 vs. naked lvl60 - the lvl25 is buffed, but not overwhelmingly so. A twinked lvl25 in best gear vs. normal geared lvl60, the lvl25 will be stronger; and so a normal geared lvl25 vs. a twinked lvl60, the lvl60 should win. Yet, there could be an issue atm where healing from skills is broken, in favor of the lower lvl (less HP) in that their dmg is scaled up such that they heal faaar to much of any incoming dmg, while the higher lvl character (who has more HP) isn't getting as much healing, but still taking more dmg. There was some post about it on the NW reddit.
This sounds like garbage. A lvl 25 with the top 1%er gear should still get wrecked by an averagely geared lvl 60, assuming “equal skill and archetype Rock Paper Scissor” shit.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I wonder if that has anything to do with my g/f's 2070 Super constantly having a "nvlddmkn" error. The only thing thats throwing me off after all the other troubleshooting is that it just doesnt happen in any other game.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So all this talk about how this is a 90% PVP game does make me a bit concerned.

If the gear is mostly normalized, what's the goal? It doesn't sound like there's PVP gear.

Is it just PVP for PVP sake? Try to take over territory for...what exactly?
Ironically I was reading Reddit and they were saying the PVP really feels half assed like they threw it on top.

So if the PVE is pretty crap according to FoH, and the PVP is half assed...what the fuck do you do at end game?

Their complaints were a lot about how wars are limited in time and participants and there isn't really much else. Outposts are there, only for max level, meaning most players don't get to practice large scale PVP until they're thrown into endgame.

It sounds like the complaints that they didn't know what they want the game to be are still lingering pretty hard. I don't think those complaints will get better in a month at release.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

vegetoeeVegetoee

Trakanon Raider
Ironically I was reading Reddit and they were saying the PVP really feels half asses like they threw it on top.

So if the PVE is pretty crap according to FoH, and the PVP is half assed...what the fuck do you do at end game?

Their complaints were a lot about how wars are limited in time and participants and there isn't really much else. Outposts are there, only for max level, meaning most players don't get to practice large scale PVP until they're thrown into endgame.

It sounds like the complaints that they didn't know what they want the game to be are still lingering pretty hard. I don't think those complaints will get better in a month at release.
They should push the release off again if that is the case. Polish up PVE and PVP more. Release in fall Oct 31st or so.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ironically I was reading Reddit and they were saying the PVP really feels half asses like they threw it on top.

It won't. Development still takes time. This is on their head though for not having a clear picture of what they wanted and changing so often. Another solid year or so would of done it some good but I just dont think they had or were going to be allowed that time. At this point release what they have put together recently and hope they can add enough to keep people around or coming back.

Will be more interesting if this is one and done for amazon. If they are actually trying to get into the gaming market, so thus more games will come or this was just a "showcase" for their engine to license to others. With them getting into publishing business too(lost ark).

As for this game, I haven't gotten into wars or how it works, I stopped before going into the game hardcore. But I had no problems fflagging up and joining huge battles at and around territory castles , both defending and attacking. This was at level 20-25. So people should be able to get plenty of practice for large scale pvp long before endgame. I will preface this with I have no clue what controlling the castle did or didn't do(it would change colors) and it was flipped back and forth a lot between factions. It didn't effect the entire territory control , so maybe it was doing nothing and we were all just fighting to fight over a pointless Control point.

Vepil

Gamja
<Bronze Donator>
I think this video explains the pvp scaling decently. The level 41 in it did play like shit because he was facing a lvl 17.

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
They should push the release off again if that is the case. Polish up PVE and PVP more. Release in fall Oct 31st or so.
I mean he's just talking about heresay and what others say. Not sure anyone here is extremely well versed with tons of hours put in 1st hand.

A game where you can go an easy 100+hrs and have fun, that also has huge team working on more content & tweaks seems pretty reasonable to release in this day and age. Definitely has it's shortcoming but they seem adept and swift with changes. They are definitely more reactionary than visionary though.

The forts don't seem to have much of a purpose other than a place to have some nice skirmishing.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah im sure this beta they got tons of feedback and data. THey have been listening for the most part from what I hear. I expect many changes from now until launch.

The best thing about it is it runs smooth and hardly andy server hiccups so far. I know launch will be different, probably like 10x if not more people but so far its been smooth.

tower

Golden Knight of the Realm
Tried to tell you guys this thing had a 4 day shelf life (maybe more like 5 or 6 if they manage to remove all the obviously exploitable powerlevelling shit) but I guess you kinda gotta live that out to see it in action. To the game's credit there's a very nice honeymoon period somewhere around day 2 where it feels like it could be good, unfortunately the game just doesnt improve or evolve much from there
This sounds like garbage. A lvl 25 with the top 1%er gear should still get wrecked by an averagely geared lvl 60, assuming “equal skill and archetype Rock Paper Scissor” shit.

There's a few issues going on with this.

#1 They have some actual issues with their scaling where its kinda fucked especially compared to what people are used to in MMOs (60 vs 25 is 100-0 in most MMOs, I'd be fine with an arg that it should be 99-1 or maybe even 95-5 but its tuned a bit too far past those currently)

#2 There are some real problems with their combat which kind of elongates the skill curve in PvP where in small skirmish situations even if numerically outmatched a 99th percentile PvPer will almost never die against someone below the 90th percentile...I dont think this is necessarily a problem if its the result of overall strategy, split second decisions and outplays (think Dota), but it's currently more due to how easily you can kite in the game and spamming consumables, which I dont view as good or interesting

#3 Due to how easily exploitable some aspects of the game have been (in both the "Preview" beta last year as well as this beta) there have been people who have been 10+ levels higher than other players with equal or lower combat skills. I.E. People who hit lv60 very early spamming exploitable quests would have like 1 weapon at lv10 so even with superior gear would be less equipped for combat than a lv45 with a maxed out primary weapon and a second weapon that is lv10+ who is grinding with methods probably intended by the developers. I don't view this as a bad thing and the alternative progression seems fine to me where you can hit max level primarily as a crafter and if you want to increase your progression once max level as a typical player you would then max out multiple weapons for flexibility and to test out different strats. They do need to fix some tuning, however, regarding how fast some methods level

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
99 percent of games fail. So making predictions along that line doesn't make you Nostradamus.

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, I think MOST people at this point have pretty tempered expectations of these games. Like, I've said since alpha in here that it's not ready for an end game grind. They've even said it. But this team can fucking crank content and I believe in them enough to make SOME sort of end game worth playing casually+ a month or two after launch. No one here is like "OMG BEST GAME EVER OMG PERFECT! EVERYTHING IS THE BEST ITS BEEN IN ANY ITTERATION OF AN MMO!"

....however over in the Ashes of Creation forum..

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
Tried to tell you guys this thing had a 4 day shelf life (maybe more like 5 or 6 if they manage to remove all the obviously exploitable powerlevelling shit) but I guess you kinda gotta live that out to see it in action. To the game's credit there's a very nice honeymoon period somewhere around day 2 where it feels like it could be good, unfortunately the game just doesnt improve or evolve much from there

There's a few issues going on with this.

#1 They have some actual issues with their scaling where its kinda fucked especially compared to what people are used to in MMOs (60 vs 25 is 100-0 in most MMOs, I'd be fine with an arg that it should be 99-1 or maybe even 95-5 but its tuned a bit too far past those currently)

#2 There are some real problems with their combat which kind of elongates the skill curve in PvP where in small skirmish situations even if numerically outmatched a 99th percentile PvPer will almost never die against someone below the 90th percentile...I dont think this is necessarily a problem if its the result of overall strategy, split second decisions and outplays (think Dota), but it's currently more due to how easily you can kite in the game and spamming consumables, which I dont view as good or interesting

#3 Due to how easily exploitable some aspects of the game have been (in both the "Preview" beta last year as well as this beta) there have been people who have been 10+ levels higher than other players with equal or lower combat skills. I.E. People who hit lv60 very early spamming exploitable quests would have like 1 weapon at lv10 so even with superior gear would be less equipped for combat than a lv45 with a maxed out primary weapon and a second weapon that is lv10+ who is grinding with methods probably intended by the developers. I don't view this as a bad thing and the alternative progression seems fine to me where you can hit max level primarily as a crafter and if you want to increase your progression once max level as a typical player you would then max out multiple weapons for flexibility and to test out different strats. They do need to fix some tuning, however, regarding how fast some methods level
1. This can easily be changed with just some spreadsheet work
2. If you are the 99th percentile in skill you should be rewarded. I haven’t run into any 99th % players yet in this seemingly infrequent scenario. I carry a bow. Until skilled and more experienced players are out there not sure if I can judge the meta. I see folks getting killed in a few seconds all the time. PvP is hardly ever straight up equal
3.if you only level doing one type of thing why would you be good at all the other types of things? No issues here. Definitely need to fix the cheese-type stuff

I’m 100% getting my monies worth and many many days /played and beyond in this, no question. When it’s not fun anymore I’ll stop but I don’t see that anywhere before cap and then after and in the subsequent moths with additions and tweaks. if you have people to play with it strings that out further IMO.

i hope it can evolve and add, I’m not naive in assuming it will but it’s fun to me and seemingly many others right now

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I mean, I've been playing it for a year and couldn't disagree more, sooooo 🤷‍♂️

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I dont think most poeple play mmorpgs as a 1 game for life type thing anyway, at least I dont, not since EQ/ vanilla WOW days. Plus this one does nto have a sub, so it will be easy to just drop and revisit in the future. SO if I do get 5-6 days played out of it I would consider that a pretty damn good deal for $40.

Last mmorpg I played was Blck Desert. Spent a few days taking a Guardian to cap. Before that I revisited SWTOR like a year or two ago. Dropped $15 for a 1 month sub, got all expansions unlocked and did all the story including expansions on one character. Plus I ground out some gear at lv cap. Before that was WOW classic, I even raided a bit with the FOH crew, had a good time but eventually it got old and I dropped out. Had a good time and in no way did I ever feel compelled to stick around and make it my #1 game I would play for the next year or two. Just too much shit to play.

For instance when new BF comes out this fall I will drop this game llike a bad habit without a second thought.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user