New World

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Once i found hemp... i found infinite hemp lmao, i expected very purply shit i probably passed a ton of it
Best Hemp spot is around the farms to the west of the hermit. There's a huge amount of wild hemp there plus a farm that has a crap ton. Even with 3 people doing that area only for hemp you will find plenty. On top of that there are elks/turkeys and bunnys nearby plus loads of iron a little bit north.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Ya. Use this map. Its been updated a ton of times. Tells you where shrines are, each resource so you can see where to go by density and more.
Am I retarded or do all these online maps have a lot wrong with them? like they'll list spirit shrines that you run to in game, that don't exist, and they'll be missing loads of lore pages (which btw make a huge difference leveling quickly if you get them all ).

It is insane how fun and good this game is in so many ways and yet how many basic QOL features are lacking. Do you ever feel like you just can't get the information you need, or can't do the thing you feel like you should intuitively be able to do? It happens to me constantly in New World. It's like, I can't even give you a bunch of good specific examples because this stuff is so general and so widespread... Like, why can't I close individual direct message histories with people? Every time I have a new Dm open up I have to scroll through every single one to find the person I want to talk to, and not the person from 7 hours ago.

Why can't I view more than one channel at a time? There's been so many times where you think you have 0 communication with someone and they are afk? but no, they are thinking the same for you, because one of you is highlighting the wrong chat channel. It goes on and on. The map is beautiful but needs a ton more functionality.

Will be really nice when all this shit is added and polished.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Am I retarded or do all these online maps have a lot wrong with them? like they'll list spirit shrines that you run to in game, that don't exist, and they'll be missing loads of lore pages (which btw make a huge difference leveling quickly if you get them all ).

It is insane how fun and good this game is in so many ways and yet how many basic QOL features are lacking. Do you ever feel like you just can't get the information you need, or can't do the thing you feel like you should intuitively be able to do? It happens to me constantly in New World. It's like, I can't even give you a bunch of good specific examples because this stuff is so general and so widespread... Like, why can't I close individual direct message histories with people? Every time I have a new Dm open up I have to scroll through every single one to find the person I want to talk to, and not the person from 7 hours ago.

Why can't I view more than one channel at a time? There's been so many times where you think you have 0 communication with someone and they are afk? but no, they are thinking the same for you, because one of you is highlighting the wrong chat channel. It goes on and on. The map is beautiful but needs a ton more functionality.

Will be really nice when all this shit is added and polished.
Ive submitted a few things to add to and or delete to that map. Like tonight, I found a chest in Brightwood and took a screenshot with coordinates for it. I "havent" however, ran to a shrine on that map and it not be there, so thats interesting. Regardless, I think its mostly player run, which is a blessing and a curse. But I think its still a solid resource for information. I use it more to find chests than I do resources, tbh. "Go collect 8 chests" and there be exactly 8 chests in the entire area with 30 houses. Though, no one ever said New Worlds quest design was awesome.

As for chat, use the top option "Feed" for it to all go into the same spot.

Something interesting I noticed tonight is that my bow does more damage at full durability than it does at 1/3 durability on the same mob. Wasnt a huge amount of difference at lvl 29, but at lvl 60 with 600 items - I'm betting its pretty damn noticeable.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I don't feel like I am missing anything skipping this game. When's Pantheon come out?

Brad-McQuaid-Kickstarter-Pantheon.jpg

• 4Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Made it to 25 today, got almost 13 in rapier, 7 in ice gauntlet and 100 skinning. Did the story quest to 25 and tier 2 syndicate and just finished Amrine for 1st time and it was pretty much a breeze. The tier 2 syndi quest was pretty damn hard lol. Tried to solo it at 24 and I came kinda close but wasn't able to in like 3 tries. Luckily someone else came along and we duo'd it barely, had to revive the dude. Was pretty sweet but I will say one thing tho, I hate how the chat system works in this game. As old as EQ might be, it legit had basically the best chat system any MMO has ever had.

Also, they really need to adjust the respawn times just a tad at least on the 20+ content because shit respawns WAY too fast holy moly. Like they should actually be at least double if not triple what they currently are.

Oh and, name is Atlantian on Vingolf. Still haven't joined a guild yet so idk if we have one or what's up exactly.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I don't feel like I am missing anything skipping this game. When's Pantheon come out?
This is the best PvP based MMO since DAoC and even the PvE is very solid. This is IMO the MMO that everyone has been waiting for. It's honestly not going to get better than this with the possible exception of Ashes.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Bro, how are these people getting to 100+ mining for starmetal? I went out with 600 free weight, started at 71 mining and did full iron mining till 600 weight was filled with iron and nothing else and I only hit 79. What are ya'll doing to get there, same with gathering?

Btw Kharzette Kharzette why aren't you playing this? Good healers are gods in this game, moreso than in any other MMO because it's rarish here.

Last edited:

Xerge

<Donor>
This is the best PvP based MMO since DAoC and even the PvE is very solid. This is IMO the MMO that everyone has been waiting for. It's honestly not going to get better than this with the possible exception of Ashes.
And considering the Ashes office took the day off the play New World...

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And considering the Ashes office took the day off the play New World...
Its a good idea. There is a lot to learn from this game both good and bad. Ashes is in the right spot to pull out what people like while obviously noting things like the quest system.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
I think theres a lot of the symptoms of WoW Classic, dumbfucks staying logged in all the time in the first week to be part of something. It might just be the new way of MMO's to let the mob pass and then play, let the people who only know gaming through youtube videos run their cycle. Glad we settled on what the poll said though, thats cool.
Pretty much. That’s why I’m officially launching our official FoH guild in 2 weeks once this shit cools down.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I went from meh the last two years or so I've been playing through its iterations to be firmly in the enjoying it camp. Been perfectly stable, no bugs, no lag, no crashes and looks glorious.

L25, all craft/refine/gather crap at 80+ which I never do as I normally just rush to end game in every MMO. Made at least 15k gold selling steel tools and other shit before others catch up and bottom things out. PVP is great, dungeon was decent and the server has gotten "reasonable" compared to day 1 (20k+ to <3k) que times that friends made the jump over and it is bustling in game. Still doubt I play it long term as I need a more robust PVE end game but it's well worth the $40.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Got home from work yesterday around 5pm central. Logged in to a 1500+ queue. Logged out, and went to a raid with my guild in EQ.

After the raid that night, I loaded up New World again. Logged in to a 1200+ queue. Laughed. Logged out, and went to a bat phone in EQ.

Someone let me know when the queue gets down to 100 LOL

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I decided to play on a low pop server. I'd rather play the game.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
How does weapon scaling work? I understand stats per weapon.
At low levels the hammer esp will out DPS a bow or fire staff significantly with equivelent gear and stats.

At what point does that change and what are the factors? Melee weapons like hammer seem to have a significantly higher base damage compared to other weapons.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I've got a 20 on Ptolemais (spear/bow) and an 18 on Vingolf (full strength boi) - The East coast servers are basically unplayable after 3pm CST, so I found myself playing on Vingolf yesterday morning and Ptolemais yesterday evening. I just can't be arsed to sit in a queue for more than 10-20 minutes with how busy I find myself these days. Will probably just ditch Vingolf for a while and focus on the lvl 20 as I'm basically doing everything twice at the minute and it feels kind of bad.

Enjoying the live game a lot more than beta, and unsure why. There are some things this game does really well and I just find it kind of relaxing to play casually. The crafting and gathering is superb and well implemented. The combat is really decent and the different weapons all play pretty well and feel unique.

One thing about this game I can't stand is the travel - not just that I can't "sprint" or use mounts - but the cost to port and lack of port spots (there needs to be 3X as many port locations in each zone and the azoth cost needs to be 10X cheaper than what it is) makes it a huge drag and it's already started to impede my enjoyment of the game.

Also, some of the quest design is circa 2015 WOW and needs to die a quick death - a chain that leads you to kill a single named mob that has a 7 minute respawn timer and is almost impossible to tag before dying to the zerg is horrific game design. Other MMO's have figured this out, why it's in the latest and greatest MMO as a feature in 2021 is beyond me. Find and kill 3 sheep - 10 minute spawn timers for sheep that only have 4-6 spawn points and an army of goons looking for them. Just derp.

I love the idea of the 3 different factions on paper but on every server I've jumped in (4 total) the purple emo-dorks are overwhelmingly the most populated. In game as in life with my women - I don't do purple.... so it can be frustrating when you want to play as a good Christian man (Covenant) or a viking but know your faction won't hold the towns long enough to do much. Not sure what the solution is, but it seems like it could be an issue later on particularly when it comes to housing etc.

Overall, its a decent game with some real high points and some utterly confusing design decisions but I'm enjoying it more or less and find it to be a kind of relaxing, casual game just moving from point to point killing rabbits and chopping trees.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Cybsled

Ya fast travel costs are dumb right now. I’m doing tons of quests but if I want to fast travel to a town 2 zones away it wants like 1/4th my Azoth. Even faction discounts factored in are expensive.

Like many people mentioned in the past, once people start bumping up against level cap, the lack of transportation options without high costs is going to be a major complaint point. At lower levels it isn’t 100% bad because I can gather stuff, but once I outlevel the low level gathers, then the trip will feel even more like a waste

• 2Like