New World

Xevy

Log Wizard
No more taxes / gold sinks please. Ive already cut property tax by 21.6% in Windsward and its still 1100 gold every 5 days. When you're done with all your quests, the amount of gold you make from just playing after repair costs.. is just a pittance. Hell, it seems like my sword breaks every 30 minutes and its making me seriously consider the increased durability trait. You kill a level 63 and it might drop 3-4 gold. You kill a lvl 6 wolf and.. you might get 3-4 gold. Completely out of whack when repairs are costing you 20-30 gold per piece. We need a +gold percentage attribute or something (if there is one, I havent seen it).

I keep thinking a lot of the problems we have now, like weight, and gathering amounts, is based off them doing a half ass job at future proofing the game. How much will Tier 6 fix this problem for lower levels of crafts I wonder?

I "hate" the grind just as much anyone else - but check out this website. The most optimal piece of armor for me to make and finish out armor smithing from 153 to 200 is Infused Leather Gloves. Roughly 980 of them.

31648 x Iron Hide (32 for each)
47472 x Thick Hide (48 for each)
253184 x Rawhide (256 for each)
27692 x Tannin (28 for each)
15824 x Fibers (16 for each)
3956 x Iron Ore (4 for each)

F'n hell man. Ive put that shit off for a 4-5 days now while I get other life skills up to par. But thats just a huge ass amount. Even with a full yield armor set on, trophies and potions - thats going to take days and days of nothing but straight grinding. Whats really f'n weird about me whining about this shit though? Is that I want it to be this way. I dont want every Tom, Dick and Hairy to be 200 in all crafts. The grind cuts out a huge swath of people that are casual and hard core alike. Just too bad that grind is across the entire game and people start dropping like flies around level 40.
You're looking at like, probably 8 hours of single manpower farming right there. That's if you already have the tannins. Honestly I'd look at the silk gloves personally as finding the equivalent in hemp seems a lot less daunting (north part of Restless Shore between Mourning dale and N Fast Travel tower) and silkweed is never harvested on my server at least.

Now get 2-3 dudes helping you and that's an easy 2 hours of work and that seems almost too easy to do the triple exp jump from 150 (500k xp) to 200 (1.8mil exp). It's only truly a grind if you laser focus that shit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Problem comes when people with 50 arcana and 100 stonecutting have 0 orbs for end game dungeons. Or maybe it's not a problem because the dungeons are 'who gives a shit' level? I'm guessing full bis crafted will also be 'who gives a shit' differences in power level, so I'm not interested in grinding out 200 outside of the town board xp.

Game is fun solo. I think the wheels are going to fall off at 60 with 20 weapon skill though. Already I'm finding it more and more tedious to hit E on animal corpses at 200 skinning without the bonus of an xp reward.
The orb system is rough and I'm pretty sure they tune down the requirements, but don't forget it takes 1 orb per group, so you just need your sucker ass healer or firestaffer to keep their arcana up to snuff. But they also have to run invasions to get the corrupted shards.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The fact that people can unflag in a game where PvP is the only real endgame is pretty stupid.

When they have a real PvP-only server I might be more interested in this game.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
The server transfers are going to be absolutely cataclysmic. They made owning territory way too beneficial. Every single server is going to have the 1-2 factions that don't have any territory transfer off. It's going to be a clusterfuck and I foresee much downtime, many bugs, and a lot of issues.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

They need to fix lots of shit

1) House taxes are fucking insane for something due every 5 days - they're instanced so its not like it is a limited resource, there is not enough predictable gold flow once you exhaust standard non-repeatable quests to actually pay that long term, and the market is a mess. They need to be like 1-3% max and it should be monthly, not something you are paying 6 times a month

2) Orb system is dumb as fuck: It discourages grouping, the orbs are no drop and take ultra RNG mats to create.

3) Wars need to have a cooldown period

4) Not owning enough territories for your faction is way too punishing because of the TP costs - they need to tone that shit down

5) Crafting is too bottom heavy - I understand wanting to keep t1 materials useful even later on, but everything requires such an insane amount of t1 mats that the higher tier mats are almost worthless. And because it requires so many t1 mats, leveling crafting is very slow, which contributes to higher tier stuff being worth jackshit because no one can use it

6) They need to make wars something more than zergball vs. zergball. Supposedly there was a hotfix that disabled AOE stacking in war - so you literally can only have 1 AOE in any given spot (other AOE cancel out). I suspect this is a bandaid fix until they fix the immortality desync exploit that got out of hand.

7) Respawns need to be "smart". If you are alone, then shit shouldnt be respawning every 30 seconds.

8) Get rid of friendly body blocking in dungeons - there is no reason for it to be there

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They need to fix lots of shit

1) House taxes are fucking insane for something due every 5 days - they're instanced so its not like it is a limited resource, there is not enough predictable gold flow once you exhaust standard non-repeatable quests to actually pay that long term, and the market is a mess. They need to be like 1-3% max and it should be monthly, not something you are paying 6 times a month

2) Orb system is dumb as fuck: It discourages grouping, the orbs are no drop and take ultra RNG mats to create.

3) Wars need to have a cooldown period

4) Not owning enough territories for your faction is way too punishing because of the TP costs - they need to tone that shit down

5) Crafting is too bottom heavy - I understand wanting to keep t1 materials useful even later on, but everything requires such an insane amount of t1 mats that the higher tier mats are almost worthless. And because it requires so many t1 mats, leveling crafting is very slow, which contributes to higher tier stuff being worth jackshit because no one can use it

6) They need to make wars something more than zergball vs. zergball. Supposedly there was a hotfix that disabled AOE stacking in war - so you literally can only have 1 AOE in any given spot (other AOE cancel out). I suspect this is a bandaid fix until they fix the immortality desync exploit that got out of hand.

7) Respawns need to be "smart". If you are alone, then shit shouldnt be respawning every 30 seconds.

8) Get rid of friendly body blocking in dungeons - there is no reason for it to be there
I'd say literally all of these problems could've been resolved with testing at high levels. But they rushed this game and had no focus.

Like, the gold sink one is plainly obvious. You get literally fuck all for gold, but then everything starts to cost hundreds or thousands. Maybe their testing they assumed you'd be in control of a territory and be getting the income from that, and didn't realize 90% of the player base is just getting ass raped by the taxes with no income coming in?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lmao yea I laughed when i saw how expensive the tier 5 faction gear was. It costs such a ridiculous amount of gold it is NOT worth it unless you do a huge amount of pvp. And even than, mainly only because the resilient trait is bugged and reduces ALL damage, not just crit damage.

Respeccing is almost impossible with how expensive that is. And yeah I bitched last week about their dumb bandaid of doubling azoth travel costs to nerf townboards, told you it was fucked. If you don't fight in 2 wars every day, you ain't affording any azoth travel.

God I knew this would be a shit show and said so many times.

Such a fun game with so much potential, but they're doing fuck all to fix major issues, like major game modes not working AT ALL. Really sad stuff.

• 1Solidarity

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Also yeah the storage issue is not really conducive to fun at all. You can't go do a bunch of gathering and then come home, because you have no room for anything. So you have to refine it all even if you don't want to or put it on the market. Only the super wealthy can afford storage via big houses with max chests. Otherwise you're screwed. Not like you can store stuff in other cities, how will you ever get it? Even if you own both territories, the transfer fee is ABSURD.

One of my favorite things is just wandering where the wind and resources take me until I'm full. But I can't do that, because all my sheds are so packed to the brim it's just a massive headache every time.

Shed space should be tripled.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Luckily it's buy to play, so level to 60, dick around until Endwalker and then come back after clearing 6.0 and see what they fixed. Hopefully it's a long enough gap to purge some of the retards I see in global chat. They will either all be gone or will have completely taken over by end of year.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Tier 5 breeches cannot be done either because the T5 staff does not work. That would be probably some of the best loot farms, plus the shards for dungeon keys too. We ran about 9 hours of elite zones tonight, hit just about every one of the 60+ elite zones in the world and man, I wish we could run hose breeches inside the mountain.

Oh and loot that drops is 99.99% useless shit. Life staff with str and int on it. Spears with focus, fucking great axe with focus and int muskets with str and con, just stupid shit that does not make sense for any build. Just literal trash. At least the GS got raised to like 530-540 now, but man 100 things dropped and only like 10 usable items, but of course not by me, lol. Only managed to score a green 520 something chest with 21con on it which replaced my 480 faction chest.

• 1Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The fact that people can unflag in a game where PvP is the only real endgame is pretty stupid.

Nothing about this game is designed to be PVP only. You will block off huge chucks of the leveling and the narrative/MQS on a PVP only server. **I guess** you could do that stuff, just make some of those areas non-PVP or agree to truces in those areas, or just have pure Free-for-alls. But its not made that way; Each area is somewhat designed to be standalone, and you could in theory have a single area be the launchpad to the higher levels but the PVP is designed to be the Meta overlay, not as in always on. Otherwise you could deny lots of areas to other factions. You might as well make a factionless PVP server, too, for the most part, for all the good it would do you.
Luckily it's buy to play, so level to 60, dick around until Endwalker and then come back after clearing 6.0 and see what they fixed. Hopefully it's a long enough gap to purge some of the retards I see in global chat. They will either all be gone or will have completely taken over by end of year.
The retards, like the poor, will always be with us.

vegetoeeVegetoee

Trakanon Raider
Yeah this game is way too unfinished with no direction. It's so boring after the novelty wears off. Nobody on my server pvps, dungeon runs are typically just Depths/Dynasty (boring after a few runs). Controlling territory is moot to me. Quests are worse than Wow's. It's a solo shell game with ability to be retarded in chat at this point in time. They should not have launched and threw money at it for another year. Then they would at least have a solid PVE shell with better questing, items(wtf loot carousel?) and PVP. I don't think they realize what it takes to make an MMO.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The game has a lot of work ahead for it, if they care enough to keep it going. I am just hoping that now that they have seen the numbers of interest that maybe they will revamp a lot of what needs to be reworked. I am still playing it but it is in spurts as any actions I am doing is very repetitive.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
There are definitely issues but for me this is the best MMO I’ve played in years.

The idea of going back to tab targeting horseshit after seeing what this engine can do with actual shooter mechanics and skillful combat…no thanks.

• 3Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There are definitely issues but for me this is the best MMO I’ve played in years.

The idea of going back to tab targeting horseshit after seeing what this engine can do with actual shooter mechanics and skillful combat…no thanks.
Agreed. for some reason this shit has me hooked like nothing else since 2004. Plus I still have a shit ton to do. Catch up on my crafting for one.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

PVP happens when it needs to happen, like pushing zones to conflict or getting them out of conflict when your faction is in control.. This and war are literally the only reason to PvP in this game. the rest of the game is PVE and crafting to get ready for those conflicts. Why the fuck would you run around flagged when farming or questing? That would make this game unbearable. Noobs did that at lv 12.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Healing is just dog shit in this game. You've basically got to predict where the group is going to be and place a circle down in anticipation. If the boss pushes the group away, does a crazy jump, or the group just isn't paying attention, all the sudden your heals are completely ineffective.

One of my Dynasty runs was bad because I realized when you have a group that's ranged dps, it's nearly impossible to heal. You throw down a circle for your tank, and then what do you do for the ranged dps who don't know how to dodge? The other "circle" heal has a 30 second cooldown. And the single target heal just isn't sustainable mana-wise. For some reason they all like to spread out, so where do you throw a circle heal?

Oh, also a fun thing I've been noticing lately (started in Dynasty on the last boss) is there's a pretty short range on your heals, too. So if I'm on one side of the arena and the dps decide to run to the other...they're fucked. I can't heal them at all.

Regarding the weapon quest, finished life staff last night and it looks like shit. Not much different than any other skin. Was super disappointed. Stats are legit though (threw in a pristine diamond).

View attachment 377533

Healing is alright, just get to use targeted healing. Also the 580 staff is awful, get the 525 faction one, is has Blessed perk which is +30% outgoing heal.

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
How is this game? Played some beta like 2 years ago but have not followed the game at all. Is it worth the buy?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
How is this game? Played some beta like 2 years ago but have not followed the game at all. Is it worth the buy?

Reviews are pretty mixed. Some folks love it and it's the best MMO they've played in a decade, others are getting bored with it already. Seems like the engine is nearly perfect and combat is solid. So, I'm sure it'll get even better as they add content over time.

Ultimately, it seems like YMMV.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
It worth $40 IMO. I enjoyed playing from 1-40. After that, the honeymoon phase ends and all the little annoy things add-up and start ruining my experience.

Weight limited storage system that has no centralized bank
Trade/broker system that doesn't create a 'global' economy
Fast travel system which require resource, no mount, and feel like worse than most SINGLE-PLAYER game
One of the worst questing system in any MMO. Go to A, back to B turn in quest, go back to A again, back to B turn in quest 2nd time, Wait go back to A again and again, now back to B to turn in quest for the last time.
Territories control only available to those in big/top guilds, the rest / majority of the server don't get to contribute to it at all (and yet affect by its outcome).
Zero end-game, whether its PvP or PvE. 20v20 outpost-rush / 5-man dungeon?! you gotta be kidding me.

On the good side,

Game world is absolutely beautiful, new, and ZONELESS
Music/sound effect is on point
Combat system is responsive and fun
Corrupted portal (public quest / RIFT)
Skill/weapon system is refreshing especially with musket!
Gathering/crafting is enjoyable with lots of path you can choose

Overall, its an upgraded version of Elder Scroll Online in some areas, but also downgrade in other areas. I gives it 6.5/10 at the current state.

Last edited:
  • 3Like