New World

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
I'm just so pissed. Why is it that every good game is ruined by incompetence and ego? It's like they have NOBODY working at AGS with any MMORPG experience whatsoever. The moment you catch wind of a currency dupe, you shut down IMMEDIATELY.

The fucking arrogance to assume it is "only affecting a very tiny portion of players" and that everything is fine and that you can just deal with them individually is insane. The market is fucked forever. Everyone is affected. And they just don't fucking care.

Yes of course, ever since Ultima, even before Everquest. That's not the point. Servers should have been turned off immediately, and at the very least, transfers disabled immediately. It took them over 6 hours just to do that! And I'm exceptionally salty right now because of all the hard work I did avoiding the massive deflation and the fact I'm being punished for playing smart and working hard prior to this dupe. I had a huge amount of legit coin, and now I just lost 95% of its worth, if not more, from prices rising.

Last night I had enough coin that if I wanted to spend it all I could have maxed all my tradeskills and bought a full set of Voidbent. I didn't do any of those things because of the deflation, I wanted to save, the smart thing to do. Now, I can't afford to do any of those things. Maybe 1. How are people like me not supposed to be pissed beyond measure.

No way in hell they'll shut down the servers unless it becomes widespread duping. If you have 500k players, and 5k are duping, they're not going to ruin gaming for the other 495k if they can deal with the 5k directly. It's all about keeping the majority of players playing (and paying). Most dev teams don't hire an economist to handle in-game economic issues either, so devs won't grasp how the destruction of currency value will affect players until it's WAY too late.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I heard they are banning and they can track this shit and getting rid of duped shit case by case.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
I heard they are banning and they can track this shit and getting rid of duped shit case by case.
Yeah they announced that yesterday, seems to be true. imagine them being able to track that....

BUT NOT HAVING A LEDGER FOR THE COMPANY BANK

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
What should I do now at 60? The Destiny style gear score creep sounds kind of a dull way to go about upgrades. I tried some higher level portals, but one group was cheesing it and only they got credit (kite the boss, closed the inside portal). I know I'm missing something, but the higher level stuff seems so dull. They just upped the damage on shit, copy/pasted like 20 forts complete with obnoxious quests going back and forth there. Been having fun up to this point.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So our guild did some tests with the 525 faction weapons vs the 580 weapons you get from quests. And in PvP environment the 580s are just barely better. Ability dmg is higher slightly and normal light attacks and heavy attacks are also slightly better but its marginal at best. And the faction gear 525 is the set to have for pvp and wars vs random gear we get from farming thats 550-570 because of the perks which essentially eliminate 40% of the crit dmg and the CDR on abilities. So for war best is 525 faction gear and if you dont want to do the grind for the 580 weapons the 525 weapons are really fucking strong for pvp.

Where the 580 weapons shine though is in PvE.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What should I do now at 60? The Destiny style gear score creep sounds kind of a dull way to go about upgrades. I tried some higher level portals, but one group was cheesing it and only they got credit (kite the boss, closed the inside portal). I know I'm missing something, but the higher level stuff seems so dull. They just upped the damage on shit, copy/pasted like 20 forts complete with obnoxious quests going back and forth there. Been having fun up to this point.
Do the dungeons, arenas and invasions. Closing portals, especially right now while the majors are pointless, is just something (imo) that you do when you're low on azoth. Elite areas are cool when they have the bosses to do. But for w/e reason they havent fixed the bosses to spawn in a few areas. Malevolence should have four bosses, and Ive only seen one once out of like 6 runs on that area. There is also the legendary epic quest lines to do for weapons. There is also an entire armor quest line as well but I dont know if its any good cause I havent went through it yet, nor can I tell you how to unlock it.

So our guild did some tests with the 525 faction weapons vs the 580 weapons you get from quests. And in PvP environment the 580s are just barely better. Ability dmg is higher slightly and normal light attacks and heavy attacks are also slightly better but its marginal at best. And the faction gear 525 is the set to have for pvp and wars vs random gear we get from farming thats 550-570 because of the perks which essentially eliminate 40% of the crit dmg and the CDR on abilities. So for war best is 525 faction gear and if you dont want to do the grind for the 580 weapons the 525 weapons are really fucking strong for pvp.

Where the 580 weapons shine though is in PvE.
People going to end up doing the weapons anyways, but it that is interesting. Should finish up armoring tomorrow and then I can finish my first piece of voidbent gear. Then the grind for the rest comes >.>

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its worthwhile to do 580s because of the PvE dmg boost, which is def noticeable. Although it does not move your watermark, you just dish out way more dmg in elites plus I think they have +dmg to corrupted which is essentially entire end game zone. So it makes gear grinding way more efficient if your entire crew has them. IDK PvP has different dmg scaling/tables or something.

Cybsled

I figured out a rapier build that is good. Stacked keen tondo perk items (increased chance of crit on enemies with tondo bleed), then those talents that reduce CD both on hit and on critical. Tondo mobs, flurry them for almost guaranteed crits, then watch as your cool downs refresh very quickly. I was able to basically chain tondo/flurry on NPCs for a ton of damage uptime.

Not amazing for PVP since it’s hard to land a full flurry, but great for dungeons or othe pve fights

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Outpost rush is good coin. Made 3k in like 2 hours max. So far the only outpost loot I've seen is a meh 590 blue great axe tho. But I know it has some special bis stuff.

Last edited:

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I figured out a rapier build that is good. Stacked keen tondo perk items (increased chance of crit on enemies with tondo bleed), then those talents that reduce CD both on hit and on critical. Tondo mobs, flurry them for almost guaranteed crits, then watch as your cool downs refresh very quickly. I was able to basically chain tondo/flurry on NPCs for a ton of damage uptime.

Not amazing for PVP since it’s hard to land a full flurry, but great for dungeons or othe pve fights
Yes this is what Sequisha does. I've been building a good set. Keen Tondo, Leeching Fury and Sundering Riposte. Rapier has a lot of good traits. He solos thru elite bosses and kills 10 elites at a time. I don't see any pve build being stronger solo.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So Outpost Rush lasted all of about 3 hours before being disabled again.

This shit is honestly fucking pathetic.

• 1Rustled

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So did the end game dungeon tonight. Lazerus, the one with the big huge statue at the end boss or whatever? I was tanking with full 525 faction gear and a 525 sword. ( did this after the war tonight 6 min attack victory). Anyway, 1st real boss is a pain in the ass, wiped for like 2 hrs before we got her down, all pretty much mechanics you had to get perfect. 2nd and final main boss was easy as fuck, one shot him with 1 man down. Basically a 2nd phase at 1/4 health was a healer check. I think i was taking like 2K dmg per second. I popped pots to help heals, one infused pot, then a infused regen pot. Rest of the fight was easy.

But the loot was shit garbage. Got like 2 purps off the 2nd boss, 1 light glove 571 and head piece, again, light, both BOP. Rest of the loot was trash, 501 greens and shit. ( my watermarks are way fucking higher than that, about 570 for gear and 550 for weapons) If they think people are going to craft orbs which they have to farm mats for they are crazy. They better fix the fucking loot lol. The dungeon was also super short.(aside the wipes) Whole team would have rather farmed reekwater for the 3 hrs and get the good drops instead.

1634984526160.png
This is about ther only good thing out of it, lol.

Oh earlier in the day I scored legendary crafting recipe for the great axe from a boss chest in shattered.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well that's super disappointing.

I'm starting to find myself logging in less and less. Close to 200 hours and I doubt most people have my patience. Game is just super grindy in just about every facet. And this is coming from someone that bred my own T9 horse from scratch in BDO.

There are just too many little things they didn't flesh out correctly. Like, one of the advantages of their system is you have all weapon masteries on one character, but also attribute bonuses for things like gathering. But then they gate it behind a 500 gold (and azoth) barrier and so it's completely cost prohibitive to do so. And their gear system is also garbage so it makes switching gear sets a hassle. What should have been a strength just becomes a part of the game no one bothers with because it's too punishing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>

I'm starting to find myself logging in less and less. Close to 200 hours and I doubt most people have my patience. Game is just super grindy in just about every facet. And this is coming from someone that bred my own T9 horse from scratch in BDO.

There are just too many little things they didn't flesh out correctly. Like, one of the advantages of their system is you have all weapon masteries on one character, but also attribute bonuses for things like gathering. But then they gate it behind a 500 gold (and azoth) barrier and so it's completely cost prohibitive to do so. And their gear system is also garbage so it makes switching gear sets a hassle. What should have been a strength just becomes a part of the game no one bothers with because it's too punishing.
Talked briefly about this in game last night. There was a post on Reddit I read that said to put 50 points in dex, rest in con, and then get the stats for your role from gear. Was lots of replies endorsing the idea since the math checks out on number of items. I may dig into it deeper now I've hit 60 and find myself collecting more sets and fleshing out different weapon skills. I'll see if I can find the post later but am busy this morning. Boo.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So did the end game dungeon tonight. Lazerus, the one with the big huge statue at the end boss or whatever? I was tanking with full 525 faction gear and a 525 sword. ( did this after the war tonight 6 min attack victory). Anyway, 1st real boss is a pain in the ass, wiped for like 2 hrs before we got her down, all pretty much mechanics you had to get perfect. 2nd and final main boss was easy as fuck, one shot him with 1 man down. Basically a 2nd phase at 1/4 health was a healer check. I think i was taking like 2K dmg per second. I popped pots to help heals, one infused pot, then a infused regen pot. Rest of the fight was easy.

But the loot was shit garbage. Got like 2 purps off the 2nd boss, 1 light glove 571 and head piece, again, light, both BOP. Rest of the loot was trash, 501 greens and shit. ( my watermarks are way fucking higher than that, about 570 for gear and 550 for weapons) If they think people are going to craft orbs which they have to farm mats for they are crazy. They better fix the fucking loot lol. The dungeon was also super short.(aside the wipes) Whole team would have rather farmed reekwater for the 3 hrs and get the good drops instead.

View attachment 378527 This is about ther only good thing out of it, lol.

Oh earlier in the day I scored legendary crafting recipe for the great axe from a boss chest in shattered.
Congratulations man, seriously. We tried that dungeon last night and like global chat says "we got clapped HARD." We tried it for just as long as you before we finally said fuck it. Not a lot of information on mechanics and I think Lumi and I found out more about the mechanics AFTER we left.

We suffered from - People all spread out causing the floor to just be COVERED during her aoe, thinking it was random placement. The AoE being shit tier in its particle effect, and objects that you can climb on in her room give no hint that they arent "safe." Her random hits giving her multiple stacks within the first 30 seconds of the fight from the DPS even though her attention is squarely on me from the get-go so then she breaks my stamina bar and kills me in two rounds. People not dodging through the wave. People not dodging her pew pew. People getting in front of the boss while shes standing still. People being directly behind me when she breaks my stamina bar, pushes me 15 feet away and getting caught between me and her and being mowed down like a bicyclist. Healer placing sacred in the dumbest f'n places. Healer using the one direct heal on a DPS that got caught in a bad spot and now Im just depending on sacred ground and my potions (if Im even lucky enough to have that work out in my favor). Some random ass mechanic (bug?) where we would just all insta-die. Then after Lumi and I left, the rest of the group kept trying - healer told me after an hour later that the boss is over tuned and they quit too.

Then, like you said, the loot there is just fucking retarded. The dungeon rewards are 500 legendary pieces, apparently? Or they could be random? Ya, they are nice - but at that point, theres better world drops for a LOT less work. I saw a youtube video this morning on the "state of the game" or w/e, and Sethphir is saying the exact same thing you are about loot and the work needed to complete that dungeon. Again, verifying that most of the loot from there is just so out of whack for what you need in gear to get through that dungeon WITHOUT having a wipe fest and perfect execution. Hell, Im 548 with just over 2100 physical and the bitch was WRECKING me.

But grats on getting through it. Shit is just awful, and teaching people how to do the mechanics of that fight to perfect execution for that little bit of reward is just not something I would be excited about doing. Watched a live stream of Genesis a couple days ago and that dungeon is leaps and bounds easier in its entirety over that specific boss in Lazarus. Shit is just awfully tuned.

Going to stop wasting time and finish my voidbent grind.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Talked briefly about this in game last night. There was a post on Reddit I read that said to put 50 points in dex, rest in con, and then get the stats for your role from gear. Was lots of replies endorsing the idea since the math checks out on number of items. I may dig into it deeper now I've hit 60 and find myself collecting more sets and fleshing out different weapon skills. I'll see if I can find the post later but am busy this morning. Boo.

That seems like a valid way to play. But won't your gearsets get damaged when you die as well? So no more changing roles unless you're close to storage.

Fuck, this game has way too many gold sinks. It was more fun pre-20 when you could respec everything for free.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider

Yeah it's really mind blowing how shortsighted and amateurish a huge number of design decisions are.

That seems like a valid way to play. But won't your gearsets get damaged when you die as well? So no more changing roles unless you're close to storage.

Fuck, this game has way too many gold sinks. It was more fun pre-20 when you could respec everything for free.
Yup whenever I die it is incredibly expensive, almost 500 gold. Because I carry several sets of gear on me, since that's how they designed the fucking game. Storing it all is also a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
  • 1Rustled