New World

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lumi Lumi - I hit a round of 65 portals this morning with a small zerg but not a single Lodestone dropped for me. But at least you know you can hold onto your mats now. :D
lv6wnp3mv4z71.jpg
Lodestones don't drop at all. Or did you hear they have a very small drop rate? You have to craft them. 1 Lodestone is 2 Crystals. 1 Crystal is 4 Shards, 1 Shard is 4 Fragments and 1 Fragment is 5 Slivers. Whatever that math is. 240 slivers?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Am I getting too old and grumpy for MMOs? I feel like I'll never bother to farm mats to craft an orb just for the privilege of doing a dungeon over again. Or running for hours to do my daily faction quests just so I can afford to pay off repairs and maybe part of my weekly taxes. It seems to be all stick and no carrot.
Well, as it stands now - this change is a massive nerf to that grind. So its a good change in that it takes a lot less leg work to get the pieces. As Lumi pointed out to me yesterday, Corrupted Lodestone is an obnoxious grind. Out of all the 65 portals Ive ran, I didnt even have one for reference. I havent grinded the hell out of them, but I would say at least a handful of hours since the "fix" to do them was introduced.

Here is what it costs currently for reference:

Untitled.jpg

Daidraco

Lodestones don't drop at all. Or did you hear they have a very small drop rate? You have to craft them. 1 Lodestone is 2 Crystals. 1 Crystal is 4 Shards, 1 Shard is 4 Fragments and 1 Fragment is 5 Slivers. Whatever that math is. 240 slivers?
Lumi pointed it out to me yesterday that they are crafted, memory slip on my part. I was under the assumption that they dropped in different tiers before that, so green, blue, purple then legendary and Corrupted Lodestone being the Legendary component - before he corrected me. A blue shard is all I got this morning.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Lumi pointed it out to me yesterday that they are crafted, memory slip on my part. I was under the assumption that they dropped in different tiers before that, so green, blue, purple then legendary and Corrupted Lodestone being the Legendary component - before he corrected me. A blue shard is all I got this morning.
I think I have gotten the 2nd tier as a drop, from a major breach. Maybe? But I've definitely never heard of a full lodestone dropping. Although with max stonecutting and a full stonecutting outfit you get quite a few extra. That'd be a neat use for luck tho, to have a higher chance at getting the higher tier ones. Luck infuriates me. I'm tired of my guild spam linking tropy materials with their inferior luck, while I've run 2x as much as any of them and still have literally 0 trophy materials. Pisses me off. They've all had 100k in trophy materials from all the runs, and I'm sitting here with lint. All I've had is 3 fucking dummy frames. God damnit.

Last edited:

Daidraco

I think I have gotten the 2nd tier as a drop, from a major breach. Maybe? But I've definitely never heard of a full lodestone dropping. Although with max stonecutting and a full stonecutting outfit you get quite a few extra. That'd be a neat use for luck tho, to have a higher chance at getting the higher tier ones. Luck infuriates me. I'm tired of my guild spam linking tropy materials with their inferior luck, while I've run 2x as much as any of them and still have literally 0 trophy materials. Pisses me off. They've all had 100k in trophy materials from all the runs, and I'm sitting here with lint. All I've had is 3 fucking dummy frames. God damnit.
They said there is bad luck protection, but I guess thats just related to water mark upgrades. Ive ran full luck gear around BW about 18 times now, and I havent gotten anything worth a fk - but at least Ill have every non valuable furniture and cooking recipe in the game. I would rather they some other routes to get these legendary materials for trophies rather than depending solely on luck. Or really just any other route other than RNG and/or auction house. Ive got plenty of money, enough to last me, but Im not going to be an idiot and just vaporize it all for more "luck" RNG in mining, or whatever.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
They said there is bad luck protection, but I guess thats just related to water mark upgrades. Ive ran full luck gear around BW about 18 times now, and I havent gotten anything worth a fk - but at least Ill have every non valuable furniture and cooking recipe in the game. I would rather they some other routes to get these legendary materials for trophies rather than depending solely on luck. Or really just any other route other than RNG and/or auction house. Ive got plenty of money, enough to last me, but Im not going to be an idiot and just vaporize it all for more "luck" RNG in mining, or whatever.
There's no bad luck protection for trophy materials from chests. It's impossible with how many I've done while getting absolutely nothing. I have gotten 3 dummy frames, which fucked me hard because that could have been a Loaded Dice or whatever, but even then, I've gotten very little. I've gone days running 100 chests a day and not gotten anything purple or higher.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Lumi Lumi - I hit a round of 65 portals this morning with a small zerg but not a single Lodestone dropped for me. But at least you know you can hold onto your mats now. :D
lv6wnp3mv4z71.jpg
The corrupted lodestones don't drop I don't think or maybe they're just insanely rare. You have to combine the lower tier ones into them. I've done enough portals to have 8 of them now.

Nm, been answered already.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Black_Death

Golden Knight of the Realm
Have they said how they are actually going to roll out the XP changes to crafting with the PTR patch? It makes me extremely nervous that they are going to take the total amount of XP that we've accumulated for our level 200 skills (1.8m) and make us start the grind all over again instead of respecting our actual crafting levels...

Cybsled

Well you could argue that it is bullshit that people leveled up easy, then they made it much much harder and more expensive and now everyone who maxed out during "easy mode" gets to have a monopoly on the market for the foreseeable future

Extending the grind is a sign they are just trying to artificially extend content

• 1Truth!

Black_Death

Golden Knight of the Realm
Well you could argue that it is bullshit that people leveled up easy, then they made it much much harder and more expensive and now everyone who maxed out during "easy mode" gets to have a monopoly on the market for the foreseeable future

Extending the grind is a sign they are just trying to artificially extend content
I just feel like they should tell the playerbase one way or the other. I'm trying to rush to 200 across the board, and if I'm just going to get flipped to level 160 when they roll this shit out, it would be nice to know.

• 1Like

Daidraco

I sincerely doubt that you will de-level with the increase in exp to gain that level. We're not even sure theyre going to do whats on the PTR anyways, so its a bit silly to worry about something that may not come to pass. Level up the trade right now if you cant help yourself though.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I just got a 4th dummy frame. I'm so pissed I might ragequit. It is in the same luck pool as stuff like Loaded Dice. So I've passed the loot rolls 4 times now to get into the legendary trophy table, and all 4 times I've gotten dummy frame. Shit design like that is just so fucked. I get to be the outlier and just be 100k poorer than the average person who has put in the same effort, because, reasons. RNG is RNG, but this is just bullshit.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

I only do it when Im super super bored, like WM grinding. I still have like 15-20 for armor and like 30-40 for weapons. Absolutely boring as fuck gameplay, but if thats what it takes.. fine, whatever. I didnt do any chest grinds today, but got to see other people lucky af with it. .. After they spent 40-50k on the highest of highest luck pieces. So maybe I just need to bite the bullet on that shit, idk.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
This watermark system sounds like a disaster for endgame item progression. I thought in video game the best equipment drop from the most badass monster. Am I too outdated or what?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
This watermark system sounds like a disaster for endgame item progression. I thought in video game the best equipment drop from the most badass monster. Am I too outdated or what?
Well, technically it still does and essentially it's still the same grind as basically camping the same mobs over and over. The only difference is that it's more randomized like Diablo style loot and you have to continuously kill mobs to increase the power of the loot they drop.

Cybsled

In theory

In practice, everyone joins zerg chest/corruption runs in Shattered. There are too few viable level 64 elite areas in the game and running small squads always gets thwarted because anyone can just run in and the aggro/train mechanics in this game would make Unrest in EQ1 blush.

They need to turn shit like Imperial Palace into a 64 elite area. Spread people out, give them carrots. I'm afraid AGS will be like "chests are the problem, lets nerf chests!" and then the endgame really dies dies because their anti-zerg mechanics are too griefable/buggy/unpredictable to allow for mob loot drops of significance and the shitty orb system limits your ability to run dungeons as a viable path

Cybsled

Update

Of note, they explain how a server merge would look. Sounds like the smaller servers will just get rolled into a larger server, with the larger server staying the same in terms of territory ownership/etc.

Also some actual upcoming balance changes/PTR notes

Last edited:
  • 1WTF

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
The surprise isn't that they are still doing stupid things because apparently they are just fucking idiots and can't stop won't stop with the stupid; the surprise is the game hasn't completely become a ghost town desert by now with all of the "2006 Every MMO has done this" stupid mistakes. On the job training bullshit. They have every failed MMO of the past 20 years to look at and learn from yet they are walking many of the same steps others have trod.

Angry Will Ferrell GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users