New World

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
If the reported budget their game studio has every year is correct, it is nuts that they have yet to make anything worth a damn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If the reported budget their game studio has every year is correct, it is nuts that they have yet to make anything worth a damn.
Well i mean, considering New world is not a sub game, and they sold some 4 million boxes, Id say they did not do too bad to at least recoup a bit of that 500 million per year, lol. . Plus im sure lost ark is carrying their asses right now too. Im wondering what percentage of that take they rake in.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Well i mean, considering New world is not a sub game, and they sold some 4 million boxes, Id say they did not do too bad to at least recoup a bit of that 500 million per year, lol. . Plus im sure lost ark is carrying their asses right now too. Im wondering what percentage of that take they rake in.

you have no idea how much they paid their team. The salaries for first two years was insanely high. They lost a ton of money on AGS and need a hit with a long runway to recoup.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
He was being facetious bro. 4mil x $40 is 160mil, less than 1/3 of their annual budget and the game was in development for 4 years.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Big update drops tomorrow. I still have strong concerns regarding the war defense spawn change if they haven’t disabled point spawning for attackers

• 1Picard

Xerge

<Donor>
Exp. event this weekend. Managed to get my blunderbuss to 20 pretty damn quick, will likely finish off last couple of weapons I missed. Patch is being well received and there's plenty of activity on El Dorado.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Exp. event this weekend. Managed to get my blunderbuss to 20 pretty проклинать quick, will likely finish off last couple of weapons I missed. Patch is being well received and there's plenty of activity on El Dorado.

Sounds like this is their first major patch with no huge dupe issues, exploits or bugs? This could turn it around for New World! ;)

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think a few people said this game might be ready in 6 months to a year after release. If the last patch actually did release without any new problems, maybe the game is finally coming around. I am still waiting. They still have stupid mechanics like what it takes to run a dungeon. Once they remove the key system, I might log back in and run around for a bit. I do miss the ambiance of the game, as that was one of the few things they did right.

Xerge

<Donor>
By the end of the year they will have patched in the basic systems needed to finally begin building their game, IMO. So far my theory is holding out true. Before the year is out there be 3v3 arenas, a dungeon finder system, cross server activity, raid group system, rest of the datamined weapons, and prob. more i'm not thinking of. Combine this list with what the game currently offers and you have a decent MMO with replayable systems in place. Will people like myself benefit from casually playing through this? Absolutely, I only have 3 weapons left to level and shit like that will not be skippable and takes time.

Elderscrolls and Star trek online both have massive fanbases however ESO is a successful game because it's a good game and not 100% due to the fans and previous IP like some claim. Elderscrolls online went thru various changes in it's systems before it became the game it is today and it's because of that moment in the industry I have faith in the NW dev team. As well not counting MMOs there are a number of great examples of games changing for the better over time.

Guess which MMOs are actually fucking dead? Ones of from the sub. era like City of Heroes, Wildstar, and i'm sure Rift is next.

Fuck me I miss city of heroes.

Cybsled

CoH emulated servers aside, I would love an updated CoH. Imagine that with the UR5 engine and updated game design drawing from other MMOs in the decades since it came out

Re New World, got blunderbus to 20. It’s fun, but at least at lower expertise it doesn’t feel very powerful. It feels like a solid 2ndary weapon you purely pick for the utility, not the damage.

Mortar needs a buff - the range sucks and it doesn’t hit for a whole lot, which isn’t good since you’re movement speed is gimped while using it. The root on claw shot and snare on net also feel too weak

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
CityofX remake would be a gold mine today, damn. Tbh I didn't try the BB outside of leveling it but it did seem undertuned, which if they take flak for im sure they'll change it. Didn't the VG release as OP? I can't remember.

It is fun to blast shit tho and reminds of me this scene with a group full of blunderbusses
AomeqI.gif

Cybsled

There were some OP elements for blunder on PTR, but general consensus is they over nerfed

It’s a fun weapon to be sure, but I’m not convinced it is that viable for harder content or pvp. Although then again musket wasn’t considered viable for pvp at first and with the right builds, it is damn strong

• 1Like

Cybsled

Free to play event from 7th through 14th. I know they boosted lower level xp gains.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Saw theres another Amazon Prime reward up for New World while I was collecting Lost Ark's.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Uh oh, my ambitious prediction of 4 digit avg playercount by end of May might be in jeopardy. For the first time ever they increased player count a tiny bit:

newworld.png

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I tried it out for a couple of hours for the free weekend and ultimately decided to purchase so I could play around with the Trade Post (which still isn't working even after purchase). Interesting game early on but I understand some of the systems may not scale well. Seems like a fair trade for $24 though.

• 1Like