New World

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

There will be some fresh start servers when the new zone patch comes out. They'll probably add new servers as needed in meantime, though

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am almost ready to transfer to a slower server. Trying to farm reagents is getting to be a futile endeavor. I saw a different player running on silk road every 10 seconds. All Ironwood areas are timed for spawn to such a point, that if not for the variant in time, I would get no trees at all. Even Iron is back on the super farm list. A crowded server might be nice for instances and PvP but it is not nice for farming reagents.

Cybsled

Rumors of a pvp scaling feature recently datamined on ptr

The patch notes mentioned something related to OPR I think. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a minimum GS scaling (ie, if you are sub 600, you get bumped to 600) vs. full normalization

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought PVP has always had some type of scaling associated with it? Theyve changed it so many times that I dont even know what it is anymore, but ya.

That's the New World I remember
Isnt the economy complete shit anyways? Like its so far into the atmosphere that these people would have to dupe tons of shit just to make a small dent in it?

I am almost ready to transfer to a slower server. Trying to farm reagents is getting to be a futile endeavor. I saw a different player running on silk road every 10 seconds. All Ironwood areas are timed for spawn to such a point, that if not for the variant in time, I would get no trees at all. Even Iron is back on the super farm list. A crowded server might be nice for instances and PvP but it is not nice for farming reagents.
Even though they nerfed a lot of trades required amounts of materials - they still look like they need an absolute fuck-ton. Why they just havent made nodes character specific is beyond me at this point. Always drove me up the wall when the DPS in my group would just let me and the healer duo the fucking instance while they all jerk off to nodes while we fight. At least if it was player specific, we could all fucking loot the node. Wouldnt even be that hard to code - just copy paste from the chests code.

Last edited:

Cybsled

In beta they had PvP scaling so PvP was technically viable at all levels, but high levels (rightly) complained that what was the point of getting gear if some level 20 scrub in noob armor can do the same damage as some guy decked out in BIS gear. True normalization scaling would have been a bad thing for wars as well - if people think the shell company situation is bad, imagine if you could make viable shells with minimally geared or leveled alts.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Cant find a good picture of the Halloween boss, but he looks fantastic.
maxresdefault.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I noticed some med type streamers that I watch here and there all went back in anticipation of the new content, so tide seem to be shifting.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So, is this actually good now? Friend and I were thinking of playing since we both skipped release. But, this seems to be getting buzz lately.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
So, is this actually good now? Friend and I were thinking of playing since we both skipped release. But, this seems to be getting buzz lately.
After reading this thread, I don't see how you can take away anything other than "No it sucks dicks". Sure there seems to be some people who like it, but there's people who literally enjoy women in heels stepping on their dick, and people out there that have chukzombi's taste in women, not to mention people that collect art of animal dicks

Just because it sucks doesn't mean there won't be people all up in it. Maybe you're one of those retards. The question you need to ask is do you like this game.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its better but there are still a few core things that need to be changed. Resource farming is a big one. I wish they had just made it similar to the way chests work. That being said, the tier 4/5 trees just need to have the timers reduced like Ore was.

I left Lost Arc when it became clear that Bots were not really going to be dealt with. I play this game mainly because I do not want to play anything else currently out. When something new comes along (Throne and Liberty as an example), I will change up. I will certainly change up when Alpha 2 starts with AoC but that is still a ways away.

Xerge

<Donor>
If you enjoyed what the game was on launch it's only gotten better. It almost has a complete mmo feature set, almost. This time next year NW will be an an extremely good spot and that sounds funny but its true. Mounts will be likely be the first major thing of the new year.