New Years Resolutions 2013

checkyeah_sl

shitlord
I've gone a week now without dairy, red meat, white flour, sugar, caffeine, or fried foods. It was tough watching everyone eat pecan pie, chocolate cookies, and then someone made little smokey's inside crescents.. :/ My goal is to stay on track, get healthier, and join a local soccer league.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Get a gun
Shoot George R. R. Martin before he can make the world suffer through another terrible book
Go to prison knowing that I was the hero the sci-fi community needed

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ride out the storm of people wanting to lose weight in the gym, then a few weeks later the gym clears up.
Stole mine. I was just bitching about the resolutioners at work like 30 minutes ago. Those 3-4 weeks fucking suck. No parking, waiting around while some dipshit who's going to quit in a week fumbles around screwing up my workout. Assholes.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Stole mine. I was just bitching about the resolutioners at work like 30 minutes ago. Those 3-4 weeks fucking suck. No parking, waiting around while some dipshit who's going to quit in a week fumbles around screwing up my workout. Assholes.
LoL, I was also complaining about this in IRC the other night. It'll be the ned of Feb./mid March before the gym next to my place calms down.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Not sure where I picked it up anymore, but I've been doing something that really helped me change some things about my life. Make a list of things you want to change and get an old-fashioned wall calendar. The process is called "Don't break the chain." Every day you do the things on the list (whatever they are, mine is practice the piano at least 10 minutes a day, pick up everything in my apartment, etc.) you make an X on that day for the calendar. As you make enough X's it looks like a chain. So on the days you don't do it, it becomes kind of glaring, because you broke the chain. Great motivator.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Has anyone ever quit drinking and smoking at the same time, and if so any tips? I've got an excellent reason to do this, and I need advice. My thoughts are to just pound water all day, every day. Eat a ton of food, and take a sleeping pill to be able to knock off.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Not sure where I picked it up anymore, but I've been doing something that really helped me change some things about my life. Make a list of things you want to change and get an old-fashioned wall calendar. The process is called "Don't break the chain." Every day you do the things on the list (whatever they are, mine is practice the piano at least 10 minutes a day, pick up everything in my apartment, etc.) you make an X on that day for the calendar. As you make enough X's it looks like a chain. So on the days you don't do it, it becomes kind of glaring, because you broke the chain. Great motivator.
Also phone apps that do this very thing, which I think makes it easier to keep track of.

Kaosu

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Has anyone ever quit drinking and smoking at the same time, and if so any tips? I've got an excellent reason to do this, and I need advice. My thoughts are to just pound water all day, every day. Eat a ton of food, and take a sleeping pill to be able to knock off.
Workout. A lot of people grow fatter when they quit smoking, probably because they replace smoking with eating. I'm not really sure of your addiction level, but going cold turkey with smoking will probably make you a miserable bastard. Really don't see a issue with quitting drinking unless you are reaching alcoholism which may not be as simple as just wanting to stop, though maybe your will is just that much stronger.

Water, while good, is a shitty replacement to be drinking all day unless you are active. Mix it in with coffee or tea, perhaps both.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
Workout. A lot of people grow fatter when they quit smoking, probably because they replace smoking with eating. I'm not really sure of your addiction level, but going cold turkey with smoking will probably make you a miserable bastard. Really don't see a issue with quitting drinking unless you are reaching alcoholism which may not be as simple as just wanting to stop, though maybe your will is just that much stronger.

Water, while good, is a shitty replacement to be drinking all day unless you are active. Mix it in with coffee or tea, perhaps both.
I don't drink hard alcohol, but I rock about 2 tall boys of malt liquor a night. And growing fatter doesn't bother me, I'm way too skinny at is is. I'll be honest, I went a long time without dating, and I recently met up with an ex, the one that got away to be honest, and I failed to "rise to the occasion" because of this bullshit. My plan is to keep reminding myself that while drinking is fun, and smoking is relaxing, it doesn't hold a fucking candle to fucking.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Figured I'd start a thread about this.

My 2013 new years resolution is to go 30 days as a vegetarian. (Not fag-cunt vegan). I've been a hardcore meat eater my whole life and I wanted to see what this kind of diet would do to me.
No beef, chicken or fish in my diet for the month of January. Veggies, nuts, fruits, eggs and of course coffee are all on the menu.

If anyone has recipes or wants to share their new year resolution - post away! (I'm gonna need all the help I can get if I plan to make it one month, I'm such a pussy)
Not sure if you eat fast food a lot but if you are like me and never bring a lunch to work, get used to mexican(go for black beans when you can and enjoy your free guacamole), thai, or pizza, lots and lots of pizza.

When making meals for the house, I usually eat a good chunk of pastas so the morningstar things are pretty good if you are looking to have some meat fill ins. Tofurkey has some pretty solid veggie dogs if you are wanting to grill something. I'll makethese wingsabout once a month but I prefer to throw them in the fridge after and let em cool off so they are a little more solid. Also, expect to have people constantly harass you about being a vegetarian.

My new years resolution is to be nicer to my roommate and buy a car so I can enjoy next years snowboard season.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Find a better spot to dispose of the bodies.
Big mistake. Just leave them where they are. You're just going to draw more attention to yourself by moving them.

Unless you just mean finding a spot for new ones, in which cause go for it.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I resolve to refuse to talk about "that guy and his mule and that other place", as its more important to leave that shit in the past and just focus on making this place better.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
My thoughts are to just pound water all day, every day. Eat a ton of food, and take a sleeping pill to be able to knock off.
I guess next year's resolution will be to lose 50 lbs.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do everything in my power to retire the word "epic" and hope the entire world follows suit

Malice_sl

shitlord
- Stick to my workout schedule until I'm happy with my physical shape
- Make satisfactory progress on the manuscript I'm working on
- Get laid more