New Years Resolutions 2013

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hey guys I have cancer. Did I mention that I have cancer? BTW I have cancer.

My new years resolution is to be even more of a jackass. I set the bar pretty high, so this won't be an easy resolution.
How about a big fuck you? Considering how long it took me to come to terms with my illness, getting to a place where I could openly talk about my goals in my treatment is a pretty goddamn big deal. Belittling someone for that is pretty sad. Why don't you tell me how easy it is to go through PC that's metastasized to stage 2b non-small cell lung cancer? Tell me how it's really not a big deal to have gone through a round of LDR brachytherapy, 3 rounds of directed beam radiotherapy, 2 rounds of chemo, going through CT/ultrasound/X-rays every week, platelet infusions at least once a month, and then finding out that your lung cancer is treatment resistant. Then you can tell me how easy it is to make a decision on if you have the strength to go through either high-dose chemo or chest radiation.

It's taken 9 months of treatment to finally say I'm in remission from my prostate cancer, and it takes every fucking ounce of strength to go through Navelbine and Cisplatin treatments twice a week and still maintain a full time job, and hold up a facade that I'm just fine with this treatment. Every day I have to decide if I can actually keep up with the current treatment, let alone adding two other treatments to this.

So tell me how I shouldn't be setting goals when in November I was given 9-12 months if my lung cancer was treatment resistant. My odds aren't super great, but I'm still setting goals for October of next year because Iwantto be there.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what you're really saying... is that you have cancer AND cancer?

Oh, goals. Guitar every day.

Happy 2013 everyone! Let the resolutions be spoken...then broken lol.

I've already gave my resolution to drink less this year. I'm sure I can keep it...maybe.

Anyways, let this be the year of Rerolled, and the new beginning of the community. FoH was good while it lasted. Time to go beyond it. Cheers everyone, and I hope you all have a great time this 2013. If not, then I hope things go well for you in the future. No ill-will towards anyone. Love you all!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Anyone started a ReR 2013 Fitness/Weight Loss Challenge thread?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How about a big fuck you? Considering how long it took me to come to terms with my illness, getting to a place where I could openly talk about my goals in my treatment is a pretty goddamn big deal. Belittling someone for that is pretty sad. Why don't you tell me how easy it is to go through PC that's metastasized to stage 2b non-small cell lung cancer? Tell me how it's really not a big deal to have gone through a round of LDR brachytherapy, 3 rounds of directed beam radiotherapy, 2 rounds of chemo, going through CT/ultrasound/X-rays every week, platelet infusions at least once a month, and then finding out that your lung cancer is treatment resistant. Then you can tell me how easy it is to make a decision on if you have the strength to go through either high-dose chemo or chest radiation.

It's taken 9 months of treatment to finally say I'm in remission from my prostate cancer, and it takes every fucking ounce of strength to go through Navelbine and Cisplatin treatments twice a week and still maintain a full time job, and hold up a facade that I'm just fine with this treatment. Every day I have to decide if I can actually keep up with the current treatment, let alone adding two other treatments to this.

So tell me how I shouldn't be setting goals when in November I was given 9-12 months if my lung cancer was treatment resistant. My odds aren't super great, but I'm still setting goals for October of next year because Iwantto be there.
Well my new years resolution is clearly off to a good start.

prescient

Silver Knight of the Realm
1. Lose 10lbs and get my 6 pack back for my 34th birthday. It'll be the 10 year anniversary of me having a 6 pack. lol
2. Tough Mudder in 2hr 20min which would be 40mins faster than my previous time.
3. Resume going to crossfit when I'm not traveling.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Lose at least 25 lbs.

Run, walk, bike, hike, or rollerblade 2000 KM this year.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Good goals. I started my new years resolution in September, so I think I'm good. I started with the idea that one day I'd like to run a half-marathon. I have Type II Diabetes, and I am overweight, so I knew it wouldn't be easy. I basically started out being able to run for 30 seconds and becoming winded. Now I am running for 30 minutes (5K) straight with no issues at all. If I were running outside I bet I could run for an hour, but due to the snow I need to stay in the gym. The gym gets so crazy hot that at about 30 minutes I can barely breathe or see from all the sweat and heat. Lost 10 pounds so far and feeling good (229 -> 219).

Hope everyone can keep up with their goals because it feels amazing when you see results.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm going to not gain weight or trade muscle weight for fat weight.

shattuck_sl

shitlord
I have 2:

1: Stop pretending I dont have Celiacs Disease. Hey you try not eating anything with Gluten in it. It fucking sucks.
I do this willingly, hah.

My resolution is more mental than anything, my goal is to make sure I always question my assumptions. I think in general this will lead to a better life, by making my conclusions more thought out. I think I've done this on a fairly consistent basis over the past few years, but I want to make sure it's always the case.

Also, start lifting more weights. I think I do too much cardio simply because it allows me to read/do work while I do it. I'm too scrawny and want to change that

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
All you fat fucks need to realize you're going to quit the gym in a few weeks and stop crowding it for people who don't wait till some arbitrary date to get in shape.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Speaking of that, I had a New Year miracle today. Went to the gym, and it wasn't fucking retarded crowded! So either all the resolutioners worked out earlier in the day, or more likely, haven't gotten started yet. Either way, I was happy to have another day of solace.

There were some tiny little fuckers there who will end up quitting in 2 weeks, but otherwise it was pretty empty.