New Years Resolutions 2013

Last years resolutions included losing 50 pounds. I ended up losing 70, so go the 20 point bonus.

This year, I'm tacking on an additional 15 pounds, which should bring me down to about 240, or the same weight I was 22 years ago.

Oh yeah, can't forget the quit drink (as much). I tend to lose myself on the streets of Seattle when imbibing a bit too much.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Go to the gym 3+ times a week instead of once or twice a week. Get out on my bike more. Drink less fizzy drinks.

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Go to the gym 3+ times a week instead of once or twice a week. Get out on my bike more. Drink less fizzy drinks.
It's felt so good to cut out fizzy drinks. I didn't realize how I'd only really kept them around for the texture while drinking them and actually hated the taste until I didn't have one for a couple weeks. I had one at a get-together and realized that it was absurdly sweet and I had no desire to finish it.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
It's felt so good to cut out fizzy drinks. I didn't realize how I'd only really kept them around for the texture while drinking them and actually hated the taste until I didn't have one for a couple weeks. I had one at a get-together and realized that it was absurdly sweet and I had no desire to finish it.
I found mineral water to be a great alternative to sodas. It gives the same texture/crispness/fizz without all the chemicals and unhealthy shit.

Candiarie_sl

shitlord
I've been cutting but an opportunity to train with an oly coach at my crossfit gym came up so it looks like I'll be switching back to making those sweet sweet gainz. I wanted to cut significantly more (still have a roll of fat I can grab at 6'1" 205lbs) but eh, there's always time and getting laid right now isn't really an issue. Right now all my lifts are beginner level and want to get them to around intermediate (mostly going by this:http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...Standards.html). I only just started barbell training a few months ago and had to take some time off for shoulder rehab.

This is what I'm repping right now and would like to rep
Back squat: 215 -> 285
Snatch 135 -> 165
C+J 155 -> 195
Overhead Press 95 -> 145
Deadlift 305 -> 345

All of which should be pretty easy to get to except for trying to not also get fatter in the same year. I figure I'll train with the oly lift coach while I can to practice technique, then cut again until I'm satisfied, then go for those numbers. I've gotten decent at cutting the last few months, just need to take some more time.

Some other people mentioned cutting down their tough mudder time. How did you time your mudder in a useful fashion? I guess run early? When I did the one in KY last year I spent an incredibly amount of time waiting on people because the trails were so washed out and we had to go single file through a lot of it. Or people were going really slow up muddy as fuck hills. Or people were just fucking slow going through obstacles. It took more than three hours for us to run it and I wasn't particularly tired at the end, just incredibly cold.

numbskull

Lord Nagafen Raider
Since willpower is an exhaustable resource, I don't bother with resolutions. Besides, the Holidays are a terrible time to make significant decisions; everyone's minds are all muddled for various chemical and cultural reasons.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Since willpower is an exhaustable resource, I don't bother with resolutions. Besides, the Holidays are a terrible time to make significant decisions; everyone's minds are all muddled for various chemical and cultural reasons.
Cheer up. You can see the Screenshots forum, now!