New York City

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hit up Keens Chophouse (Food was OK but it was too crammed. Would have rather went to Maestro's like last time. Had some drunk fiance guys next to me who were loud, annoying and reminded of douchbag harvard trust fund kids in Cambridge.)
Bummer. Keen's is my favorite restaurant in NYC. I like to go there at 3 on a Thursday. Service makes you feel like a king and everything is cooked perfectly -- not a bad piece of meat or douchebag in sight.

Vinen

God is dead
Bummer. Keen's is my favorite restaurant in NYC. I like to go there at 3 on a Thursday. Service makes you feel like a king and everything is cooked perfectly -- not a bad piece of meat or douchebag in sight.
Service was fucking horrible for a high-end steakhouse on Friday night.

Place is a fucking fire hazard. Couples tables were crammed so close together they had to pull the tables out for one person to sit on the other side.

When I wanted another beer I had to flag another waiter down ~15-20 minutes after it was empty. I didn't even see my waiter for another 15 minutes when he showed up with it.

Steak was mediocre but my wifes Lamb was excellent. Capital Grill (And Maestros) are superior in all ways as far as steak goes which is just sad.

Momo sucks. Chefs table brooklyn fare and eleven madison park are nice
Will look to check out one of those next time I am in the city. The more I think about Momofuku Ko the more I think it sucked.

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Heading to Manhattan for a week on Sunday. Probably a long shot but does anyone know of any good hole in the wall type places where I could have a beer and watch the Super Bowl without getiting skull fucked by a massive crowd?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Anyone eat at Gramercy Tavern? Have an anniversary meal and deciding between that or the old standby Le Bernadin. Most of the great restaurants are booked solid Monday night

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Gramercy Tavern was great, however, the best food of the trip for me was Jongro BBQ in koreatown. As good as any I've ever had including living in SK for a year. Very high quality meat, and genuine Korean sides made it a great experience

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm going to NY in a couple weeks and I'm staying really close to Koreatown. Might have to check that place out.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Bar Downstairs is extremely good. The best I've been to in NY. Hard to find though. It's the basement of a hotel. But damn. Amazing drinks.

Menu

There are plenty other great ones but this is #1 for me. I'm sure there are at least 20 that are better somewhere in NY.

woot!

Trakanon Raider
Fantastic steakhouse : Strip House (15 W 44th St)
Try the truffle creamed spinach as a side, it's delicious.

Siliconemelons

Finally going up in March to see the Chinese inlaws - there for 4 nights/5days I believe - other than the typical- statue/island tour- and the obvious times in China town - what are some things we should get done as a family - and some things even just for the wife and I.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
The Met is an impressive museum. I spent like 5-6 hours there and probably didn't even see a third of it.

I mostly eat, drink, and see music when I'm there though. Besides the eating, not the most family friendly activities.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
The met is cool but natural history museum is totes better. If you are into art and shit however, make sure you hit up the met and the frick collection right across from it. Also food.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Finally going up in March to see the Chinese inlaws - there for 4 nights/5days I believe - other than the typical- statue/island tour- and the obvious times in China town - what are some things we should get done as a family - and some things even just for the wife and I.
what??? your chinese inlaws be in nyc?

where at

queens, bklyn or manhattan???

if you stay staten island, yous in trouble.

sounds like she's a ny native? ask her?

Siliconemelons

Brooklyn is where they are- no idea where we are staying yet.

My wife was born here- it was the mother in-law that was from NY and her fam we are visiting that I nor our kids have met- one of my wife's uncles has come down to FL and met us and one of her cousins (who passed away) came to our wedding. My wife's grandfather is always too old or sick to travel- but still goes to China every year- and every year it is "to die there" he is like 90-something.

We are going to get the citypass thing and do like the statue of liberty, 911 and the nat history museum.

Siliconemelons

LOL I know, its just amusing - I am excited to meet all her people - Asian + Brooklyn accents are hilarious.

Should be fun - and I am glad the kids will get to meet their great grandfather :)

Our kids are the only ones of this generation - even if you extend to cousins there are none that had kids- of my mother in law and her two brothers only she had my wife... so its kind of strange that they are the last of them...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
LOL I know, its just amusing - I am excited to meet all her people - Asian + Brooklyn accents are hilarious.
Yea, my guild thought I was an effeminate Italian... I was tank and raid leader, 5hours a night, 20hours a weekend, I be talking 99% on teamspeak.

Then 6months in some guildy got ganked by a platfarmer and he goes all chinky this chinky that, chinks are disgusting, yada, yada.

Then wife got on teamspeak, asking why all racism, and then we told em we both Chinese.

Then they finally figured out when the new Chinese main tank and new Chinese main healer joined, we went from rank5 to top guild.

White ppl, I swear...

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user