New York City

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Cabbed in from Newark airport.

Weird seeing the statue of liberty from NJ. From that view it looks like someone dumped it in a swamp behind the grocery store.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Delmonicos is not a chain. It's one of the oldest restaurants in NYC and anytime you order a Delmonico steak at any restaurant it's named after that particular restaurant.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Blashpemy..Del Friscos Double Eagle is amazing. Share that and the asparagus and you're good. What'd you get that made it "pretty terrible"? I'd say Mortons was one of the worst chain steak restaurants I've been to. Went once, didn't need to go again. Quality Meats was another steakhouse that gets high praise that I wasn't super impressed with. Sparks as well. None of them have come close to DFs for me thus far.

Can't vouch for Delmonicos, but its on my list along with Peter Lugers/Smith&Wollesnky. Maybe for xmas or my bday next year...

Vinen

God is dead
Delmonicos is not a chain. It's one of the oldest restaurants in NYC and anytime you order a Delmonico steak at any restaurant it's named after that particular restaurant.
Delmonico Steakhouse | Emeril's Restaurants
I see, this restaurant is actually named after a restaurant in NO. Never knew that about the steak cut at least.

Delmonico's Restaurant
I'll have to try this place out next time im in NYC.

Obligtory. huhuhu beaver street (Street Delmonicos is on in NYC)

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Cabbed in from Newark airport.

Weird seeing the statue of liberty from NJ. From that view it looks like someone dumped it in a swamp behind the grocery store.
Taking a cab from Newark to Manhattan is probably one of the worst experiences with taxis/cabs I've ever had. I had to pay with a card, but the cabbies don't carry a terminal, you have to BEFORE you board the Cab use a machine (the machine in my terminal - United, was broken so the cabbie had to drive me to anothter terminal) and get a 'paper' from the machine with your card # and stuff.

Very stupid, there was even a line for people operating the machine (the only one in service for those two terminals).

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I only mentioned Del Friscos because it's arguably the best steak here in Dallas, so was curious how the NY branch compared to the competition.

Khane

Delmonico's in NYC is exactly what I want when I want a steak. It's an old building, with professional waiters that know everything about everything on their menu, including the wine. They don't need a sommelier. They are clear and concise and can answer any question you ask them. They do not hover and ask how everyone is doing, they can tell from a distance and will refill your drink as soon as it hits the table empty. It's old school.

My girlfriend and I split a porterhouse for two. We ordered it rare and it was perfectly rare with a delicious crust. I mean it was cooked perfectly, and that is a huge steak. We got 4 full meals out of it (2 for each of us). We started with oysters which were also great and finished with I don't even remember what for dessert. A+. It was the best steak house I've been to. And it was quiet and elegant.

Khane

Taking a cab from Newark to Manhattan is probably one of the worst experiences with taxis/cabs I've ever had. I had to pay with a card, but the cabbies don't carry a terminal, you have to BEFORE you board the Cab use a machine (the machine in my terminal - United, was broken so the cabbie had to drive me to anothter terminal) and get a 'paper' from the machine with your card # and stuff.

Very stupid, there was even a line for people operating the machine (the only one in service for those two terminals).
Getting from Newark to Manhattan in any fashion is just a pain in the ass.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Meh..I took nj transit from newark airport after a redeye from SF. The trip out to SF was far more horrific than getting from newark to nyc.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I would certainly hope getting from Newark to SF would be more difficult than Newark to NYC.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So it was actually horrific? Like there were severed limbs rolling out of the overhead compartments when you opened them?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Getting from Newark to Manhattan in any fashion is just a pain in the ass.
Just take the train. You'll be like 30 minutes, but it's worth it because you don't have to deal with the traffic. I fucking hate driving in to NYC.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
It was something like 5 am, I flew in from LA so was extremely tired to really figure out anything and wanted door-to-door service pretty much.

Would've ended up in Yonkers or Albany if I had tried to figure out train/rail/whatever at that time.

Last time I was in NYC I flew in JFK and took the train/subway, that one was somewhat easier to get into Manhattan.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I flew into Trenton, took a cab to the train station (30 dollar fare, but split it), then 15 dollar train from train station to penn station in Manhattan. If you're looking to get to New York city a little cheaper, I can definitely recommend it. It's really not that much longer (I'd say 2 hours extra travel) for hundreds of dollars in savings compared to flying into EWR/JFK/LGA (and you still have to take the subway/train/cab from those airports).