NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

sebur

Bronze Squire
Why do people suck O beckham's dick so hard. Sure hes good... I mean anyone who can reel in eli's passes consistently that isn't on the other team has to be good, but the best fucking wide receiver in the league? come the fuck on.
He missed what, 4 games? With his yard per game average (108.8) that puts him right up there with Brown in yds. Shit as it stands right now he is still #10 overall. I still think we need to see a full season from him but he certainly has the potential and I can understand why people might view him as the best in the league.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And Josh Gordon lead the league in yards after missing games last year(117+ YPG!), with absolute dog shit QBs. People need to settle the fuck down and give it alittlemore time before declaring him the best in the league.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well there's no disputing that he's one of the best, so it just comes down personal opinion when you rank the top 3/5 receivers. People might be hanging on his nuts a bit much after that miracle catch.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's a shame Larry Fitzgerald broke his back carrying all those Cardinals teams and is now forgotten.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So if a QB is bad, but it's the O line's fault...does that mean if a QB is good and the O line is terrible....that Andrew Luck is your new God-King?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's a shame Larry Fitzgerald broke his back carrying all those Cardinals teams and is now forgotten.
Larry who?

But seriously, if you can't stay healthy you don't belong in the conversation imo. Yeah it sucks for him that he was basically the only offensive weapon the Cardinals had this year so he got worked like a dog.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I know you'd let Rivers fuck your wife,but he sucks, bro.
Interceptions alone is not the only metric which is why I listed several for your failed QB.

Interceptions are a very good indicator of a bad line though. Kind of like rushing yards are a good indicator that his line has given him plenty of time and he has just decided to run the ball anyways. A quarter of his plays are him running, your line isn't the issue.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I know you'd let Rivers fuck your wife,but he sucks, bro.
We went through 5 center changes this season and most of our stars had season ending injuries. We had like 7 people get injured in the game against San Fransisco. The game where we still beat you. Despite the horrible line and our play makers being injured we were still in the mix for the playoffs. Whats your teams excuse for doing nothing?

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I guess I need to clarify. Kaepernick was terrible this year, and made some awful decisions. The 49ers offensive line was nearly as awful, which I believe most of that was due to injuries and never really having a cohesive unit.

Not sure why both of those statements can't be true.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I think you have to forgive a qb to some degree if the oline is bad. I personally think people put way too much value on QBs. I'd rather have a pedestrian QB with a monster Oline than an amazing QB with a shit oline.

With a good oline, all you need is a QB that can make safe plays, and a good oline makes it much easier to make safe plays.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Kirun just brings out the antagonism in me, no reflection on you Ameraves or the 49ers.

The 49ers had problems but I personally think much of it had to do with the management driving a wedge between Harbaugh and everyone else. When the team is not cohesive it doesn't matter how much talent you have. I think that was the major 49ers issue but that's just one guys opinion.

Fangio interviewing for Redskins DC job. Good chance the 49ers lose him, tbh. Interviewing for a lateral position with a dumpster fire can only mean Danny is getting the checkbook ready.

It's offseason championship time, boys.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
We went through 5 center changes this season and most of our stars had season ending injuries. We had like 7 people get injured in the game against San Fransisco.
Oh, so just like us? Just because you don't follow the 49ers doesn't mean our offensive line and roster wasn't stricken with the same injuries. We had 17 players go on IR this season. We were down to our 5th string LBs, 4th string OL, etc.

Our excuse is similar to that of the Chargers. A shitload of injuries, most of them at key positions, terrible coaching, playcalling, poor execution, media drama, and poor QB play.

The game where we still beat you.
Did it matter? Getting "closer" to the playoffs doesn't mean anything because you're still sitting at home. Then again, your franchise is horrible and its fanbase is even worse, making it sound like the visiting team is at home. So, just being able to sniff the playoffs is a success in San Diego, I guess. Remember when you guys played us the last time it actuallymattered? In case you were too Young...

tumblr_nb0nr2VPpi1ra90n2o1_250.gif

tumblr_nb0nr2VPpi1ra90n2o2_250.gif

tumblr_nb0nr2VPpi1ra90n2o7_400.gif

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think you have to forgive a qb to some degree if the oline is bad. I personally think people put way too much value on QBs. I'd rather have a pedestrian QB with a monster Oline than an amazing QB with a shit oline.

With a good oline, all you need is a QB that can make safe plays, and a good oline makes it much easier to make safe plays.
I agree 100%. It (combined with an amazing defense) allowed Wilson to win a Super Bowl. They didn't ask him to do much; just not fuck it up.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Rivers has a great arm, and when he's 'on', he's incredibly accurate, even at the long pass. But he can get rattled easily, makes poor decisions, and throws INTs with Cutler-like efficiency.

I think if Rivers would have had a solid O-line for the length of his career, he'd have been one of the better QB's. But I still hate his face and his whining personality on the field.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Plus he's a christian soldier baby producing fundie whacko. Of course a_skeleton_03 loves him!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Rivers has a great arm, and when he's 'on', he's incredibly accurate, even at the long pass. But he can get rattled easily, makes poor decisions, and throws INTs with Cutler-like efficiency.

I think if Rivers would have had a solid O-line for the length of his career, he'd have been one of the better QB's. But I still hate his face and his whining personality on the field.
Plus he's a christian soldier baby producing fundie whacko. Of course a_skeleton_03 loves him!
Gravy - I agree, you put him on a team with a line to protect him and he is MVP every year. You give him some targets that aren't injured every week ... GOAT.

Famm - LOL he is Catholic, that's like Broncos vs the Chargers, we are in the same division but we aren't exactly friends. We will root for each other maybe when the games don't matter out of division though.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Our excuse is similar to that of the Chargers. A shitload of injuries, most of them at key positions, terrible coaching, playcalling, poor execution, media drama, and poor QB play.
So what you're saying is... all you have,really, is "good players". But they aren't playing well. So basically: you're team is bad.