NFL 2014 - 2015 Season Thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
It has to be the Jaguars, right? I mean nobody else wants them!

I still can't believe they really are going to put a team in London. I think it is one of the stupidest moves the NFL can make, and I would think the players (especially the ones on the Jaguars) are going to hate it. Hell, there is already a big deal made about teams travelling from one coast to the other and how hard it is on them. Imagine travelling across the ocean multiple times per year. Just doesn't make much sense to me. It may appear to be popular now, but I can't help but wonder if interest in the NFL begins to wane over there once they get more than a couple games a year.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Some of the talking head discussions have mentioned the NFL sort of weighting a London team's schedule so they have at least 3 or 4 games in a row either at home or on the road to minimize actual travel. And striking agreements with colleges/high schools so while the team is on the road they have a place to practice and conduct business without the need to go all the way back to London. I'm sure it'll be a clusterfuck but if they're serious about putting a team there then that's probably the direction they'll take.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Some of the talking head discussions have mentioned the NFL sort of weighting a London team's schedule so they have at least 3 or 4 games in a row either at home or on the road to minimize actual travel. And striking agreements with colleges/high schools so while the team is on the road they have a place to practice and conduct business without the need to go all the way back to London. I'm sure it'll be a clusterfuck but if they're serious about putting a team there then that's probably the direction they'll take.
That would be miserable for the players. Away from home for a month? Fuck that.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So I feel like the Bengals are in for another repeat next year. Nothing will change, we'll still have Dalton, still have Green, still have an aged defense, still have Bernard and Hill. We'll probably be good enough to make the playoffs and thats about it. We'll still rush 4 and drop into a soft zone and get carved up for easy points under the great game plan genius that is Marvin Lewis. Which is frustrating. I almost preferred us being a complete non-factor so I didn't have to get my hopes up. Only bright spot is that there shouldn't be a universe where Kirkpatrick isn't our starter next year and maybe Lewis will finally get his head out of his ass and play some younger, more talented people instead of the past-their-prime veteren players who are solid but lack any big play threat.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
As soon as Hill went out in the second quarter I knew it was over. No offense can overcome losing the top four receivers and primary RB. Just won't happen.

moontayle

Golden Squire
AFC North benefited greatly as a whole from their matchup with the NFC South and AFC South (though somehow Pittsburgh decided to hand wins to a couple of the worst teams in the league). So I sort of agree with you but only if they take care of business within the division and their conference opponents.

That has to be frustrating as a fanbase. Maybe even moreso than the endless steam of 8-8s us Cowboy fans suffered.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, I don't see how the london thing works. Free agency?, who would go to london if they had their pick, I feel like most would turn them down even if they offered them more money.

Tenks

Defense was still giving up points at will. The game was a complete failure not just on the offensive side of the ball.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
When your defense is on the field the entire second half due to five consecutive three and outs they'll struggle.

EDIT: Just checked. None of the Bengals second half possessions were over two minutes. Seven possessions under two minutes. That's fucking disgusting.

Tenks

Hey I'm not saying the defense was worse than the offense. I'm not. But it seems a ton of Bengals fans and sports talk are letting the defense completely off the hook. They need to be held accountable for all those points let up as well. Mostly the defensive line and Hall who was getting burnt everytime they threw near him. If it wasn't for the 1st half Colts completely shooting themselves in the foot via key drops and a dickpunch enabled fumble by my boy Dinner-ed shit would have gone sideways far sooner.

Caliel

Yeah, I don't see how the london thing works. Free agency?, who would go to london if they had their pick, I feel like most would turn them down even if they offered them more money.
Depending on the taxes in the UK, getting more money to go there may not be beneficial to the players.

Tenks

Yeah I know in the NBA you make a ton more money not playing for the Raptors due to the insane taxation. I forget the amount of raise Bosh got moving from Toronto to Miami complete with their no state income tax.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I really wish they would do Mexico City first before London. The NFL is pretty popular there and it should be a no brainer but Goodell just has this hard-on for London which doesn't have much of a fanbase.
Oh man I look forward to the Tijuana Burros and the luxury boxes filled with high ranking officials of the cartel, might make the game a lot more interesting with broken down vehicles randomly scattered across the field.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Well in London your team members won't be kidnapped by some random drug cartel for millions in ransom.